1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Maxpedition Mico Wallet

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by antman157, Feb 15, 2010.

1. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

Anyone have this wallet? Its 10.99 on Maxpedition.com .. I need a small wallet

Suggestions, thoughts?

Pics?

2. JaredEDC

JaredEDC Loaded Pockets

3. jrbrangi

jrbrangi Loaded Pockets

4. Simsmac0o

Simsmac0o Loaded Pockets

For small, thin wallets, try Big Skinny. I just ordered the Big Skinny Multi-Pocket wallet. I'll be sure to post about it when it comes.

5. serverslayer

serverslayer Empty Pockets

I give this wallet a A+++.

I bought the "Micro" Wallet from County Comm about 1 1/2 years ago, its slightly different than the one from Maxpedition (even though it is a Maxpedition wallet) in that on the inside it has 1 slot on each side and both are see through plastic, and Current MaxPed Micro pics it shows 1 slot see through, and 2 on the other side of material. I love it, it is the best wallet I have ever had. It forces me to stay minimalistic with cards I carry, it will force you to keep it clean! It is very sturdy, and I can see getting at least another 5 years out of it , if not more. I was thinking the other day that I should order a few more from County Comm for future use, but they don't seem to carry it anymore. But I will more than likely end up ordering a few of these as they seem to be almost identical.

6. freeride

freeride Loaded Pockets

http://countycomm.com/NyLA.html

I carry that one and like it. There's a leather version as well. I've only had it since Christmas or so, so I can't comment on the longevity too much.

*edit* I'm not sure if the post above is referring to the wallet I linked to, but it sounds like it is.

7. lukem

lukem Empty Pockets

I too, have the Maxpedition Micro wallet from Countycomm, and I'm very pleased with it.
    I have 2x credit cards, costco, health insurance, 2x car insurance, ID+carry permit, 4-5 business cards, spare vehicle key, safety pin, small pick (made out of a sharpened bobby pin), and two small notes contained therein.
    And it's still only ~10mm thick!

8. NeonLights

NeonLights Loaded Pockets

Really? What kind of use/abuse were you subjecting them too? I've been carrying my standard AllEtt daily for over two years now, and it is just starting to get a little frayed around some of the corners. I'll probably replace it later this year, with another AllEtt of course, I may try the leather version too this time.

9. jrbrangi

jrbrangi Loaded Pockets

I had the Leather European, only kept 5 cards on each side like they promote it can hold. All had interior rips after a few weeks, maybe it was because it was just the leather one. Loved the size of the wallet, just not sturdy for my needs I guess.

10. Clarence Whirley

Clarence Whirley Empty Pockets

Another vote for the County Comm wallet...

11. NeonLights

NeonLights Loaded Pockets

Yeah, I can see how the leather version probably wouldn't stand up as well as the original, sailcloth version. If I do get the leather version, I probably would reserve it for occasional use, not for EDC like I do with the sailcloth version. The most I do is 3 or 4 cards in a slot.

12. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

I have heard good things about the maxpedition micro. I own the Spartan, and it is a fantastic item.

13. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

Decided to pick up the wallet for $10

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

looks nice ..i almost bought the mini but the sparton was talking me ,,and i am liking it ...enjoy

15. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

Thanks .. Yeah I wanted something smaller for vacation .. I try to be minimalist when I am traveling (usually by plane) .. Ive been carrying it this week, getting it broke in ... Im liking it so far .. Only reason I didnt the get Spartan wallet is because its velcro .. Im more of a fan of tri-fold leather wallets .. Glad you are liking the Spartan though

16. bzorg

bzorg Loaded Pockets

17. OpelBlitz

OpelBlitz Loaded Pockets

I had one in OD - was nice for a few weeks until the plastic started to stretch! Replaced it with a 5.11 wallet I got for free from... somewhere. OpsGear? I bought a bunch of clearance 5.11 gun cases and other gear and it was thrown in for free.

18. Polygeist

Polygeist Loaded Pockets

Very nice, antman. I've been eyeing the micro wallet myself. Let us know how it works for you.

Not to steal the thread, but are there any small, thin wallets along the lines of the micro which have a zipper compartment? The only thing I don't like about the Maxped micro is that there's no real way to hold change.

19. pilote

pilote Loaded Pockets

tried the micro and the spartan...

the micro would have worked for me if it had one of those money clip retainers; in fact i tried to work one in there...no go...however it is a good wallet for the minimalist....

the spartan had everything i wanted; it was just an inch too tall and i couldn't live with it...carries thick too...

just sourced a maxped PUG...i fear it might be too thick but i'll give it a tryout...

right now i'm using out a spec ops THE WALLET...it's tall, but it's also carries thinner...and it opens looooong; that's why the PUG will be given a shot...

20. Gripweed

Gripweed Loaded Pockets

I have a leather big skinny and I love it. I was going through wallets 2 or 3 a month trying to find something I liked. It's got all my cards, I had $1200 in cash in it when I went to Vegas, and I still could hardly tell it was in my pocket. The leather ones seem way more durable too than the normal ones (which is what I started with).