1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Maxpedition Jk-1 holster pouch

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by MrEarp, Feb 16, 2014.

1. MrEarp

MrEarp Loaded Pockets

Thought you might be interested in this. I picked it up at our local shop. Maxpedition makes 2 sizes jk-1 and jk-2. The jk1 is perfect for a glock compact or sub compact handgun.

I've worn it on my belt and while it looks a bit large, I'm a large dude so its not out of proportion. This would be a perfect option for someone looking to conceal but wants it semi open and available.

With practice it doesn't slow my draw anymore then the normal concealment clothing would.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  2. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Nearly identical to Tactical Tailor's Lunar Concealed Carry Pouch. I always thought of them as a better option for bag carry versus putting something that big on the belt. But I know they advertise them being dual purpose.

3. deusvult

deusvult Loaded Pockets

I'm not sure about others, but I think it is a waste of money and an impractical solution. I see something like that on your belt and my mind goes straight to "Concealed Handgun." Just because it fulfills the obligation of the law does not mean that it effectively conceals the fact that you are carrying. Items like this are the brown paper bag of the firearms world.

I see a bag on the strong side 4 o'clock position, I am not thinking, "oh he might be a diabetic with an insulin pump." I would watch how he moves through the crowd to see if he blades to avoid contact. Bags like this do nothing more than meet the requirement that the firearm not be identifiable as such.

I carry a bag in certain situations, mostly when I am with my family in a public place (i.e. street fair, concert, etc.). As far as daily carry, I have a good IWB holster and a concealment garment which matches the weather.

TARFU and ProjeKtWEREWOLF like this.
  4. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

I agree. We're on the verge on getting concealed carry licenses here (I was among the first to apply) and for the most part I'll be carrying my M&P Shield IWB. Bag carry will only be when I need to shift into "transport" versus carry mode.

5. MrEarp

MrEarp Loaded Pockets

Its just another option. Everyone has a preference. What works for me might not work for you.

As for people noticing it? Unless you are a gun guy or a security type dude most people don't give it a second thought.

For me the pouch is being used for an application that it will fit right in and its the right way to carry during this particular situation. This will replace my safepacker holster since that sticks out like a sore thumb for the application I'm using it for and does not match the rest of the pouches or style of pouch.

Just figured I would post a review since I couldn't find any on the net before I purchased it.

Otherwise yes when I carry I use a iwb or a cover garment over top of my raven concealment holster.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Tacmedic79 likes this.