1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Maxpedition Gearslingers...."weird" fit for lefties?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by NAdams65, Feb 22, 2010.

1. NAdams65

NAdams65 Empty Pockets

Since the Gearslinger's strap is a one-side-only set up.....I was wondering if it is a weird fit for us lefties having the strap come over your left shoulder.
    Although I do carry my FB on the right side w/o issue....

That issue and the lack of the new colors in the Gearslinger line have me thinking the FalconII might be the way to go.....

Any thoughts????

Nate

2. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

I'm a lefty - have had two gearslilngers:

sitka - basically everything was a crossdraw. very comfy (for me.)

remora - "either way" bag - at least 4 different attachment points - it worked left, right, shoulder carry, or back/front.

guess I didn't help ya much...but if you like right side carry...hey, it's a righties world we all adapt to anyway, right? :shrug: :evilgrin:

3. RetroTech

RetroTech Empty Pockets

I'm a lefty too...

since I live in a right-handed world, I've learned to do (nearly) everything right-handed.

for the Gearslingers, look closely and you'll see they differ just a bit:

the Monsoon's strap is dedicated to wear over your right shoulder, probably the only Maxped bag that lefties would like.
    this bag will swivel under your left shoulder to the front of your body.

the Sitka/Kodiaks straps are dedicated to go over your left shoulder, seems to me, made for righties.
    they swivel under your right to the front.

the rest of the gearslinger seiries, the Malaga/Lunada/Remoras, are identical in function with the straps, along with the old Typhoon, in that they are truely ambidextrious. They can be carried over either shoulder, depending on how you hook up the strap and the cross strap. (The Remora doesn't have a cross-strap, not sure about the Lunada)

Another advantage of this last trio is that they have rings on the top of the bag, where a shoulder strap can be attached and carried messenger style. Just tuck the integrated strap in the back pocket to get it out of the way.

4. patches152

patches152 Loaded Pockets

i'm a righty and i find that bags that are for left handed people tend to be more comfortable. i'm kind of stocky (read: short, wide wrestler), and the cross draw is more comfortable than going direct down my right side, unless its below my waist line. i'd presume for longer armed and/or torso people, it wouldn't be an issue.

so something like the monsoon is more comfortable for me, even though most people would say it's a lefty bag. for me, it's hold the bag with my left hand, grab or stuff items with my right.