1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Maxpedition GearSlinger Remora , Maxpedition NeatFreak

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by WVDAVE, Feb 1, 2011.

1. WVDAVE

WVDAVE Loaded Pockets

It's time for a new bag and I've been checking out reviews both written and video. I have narrowed it down to the Remora and NeatFreak. I will be carring a small Netbook, cell phone, knife, small FAK, pen and notebook, keys, wallet, multitool and a few small items. I want the option of adding more stuff if need be. Has anyone handled either or both of these bags, if so which would you recommend? Is there something else I should consider? Thanks for any input. I love tax time.

2. gern_blanston

gern_blanston Loaded Pockets

I love my Remora, but it is small.
    Check this thread to see it with an iPad not quite fitting inside.

3. WVDAVE

WVDAVE Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the reply gern_blanston. I think I should still be ok with either one. I'm starting to think the Remora is the way to go, better options in expanding the base platform.

4. gern_blanston

gern_blanston Loaded Pockets

I'm very happy with mine. It's fairly small, but I'm the guy who will fill any drawer, pack, car trunk, shed, etc. so the Remora really made me think about what EDC really is. I have a GHB in the car, and a 3-day kit at the office, but this thing is small enough that it really is with me all the time. Wifey calls it my purse.
    Here's the typical loadout. With this stuff in it there's still room for one spare mag if I'm carrying my CCW pistol.
    [​IMG]

5. Bullosa

Bullosa Loaded Pockets

I have a Remora Clone for a while, I thought it was a little too small and I ordered the Maxpedition Neatfreak, which I like better. The Neatfreak has more space and definitely more organized although I wished they had Molle attachement on the sides like the Remora. I dont know if most Netbook will fit into the NeatFreak....maybe one of those very small ones. You may need a Sitka to carry a Netbook. My Kindle fits in alright with some room to go. All the best.

6. Geek_Bag_AZ

Geek_Bag_AZ Empty Pockets

I had a remora and it is small... looks like a little lunch box in my opinion. I say go for the Neatfreak...

7. Tradecraft

Tradecraft Banned

I started my EDC journey with the Remora but it is just too small. I eventually moved up to the Lunda, Sitka and now I am using the Noatak.

Here is some info on the Remora:

The Maxpedition Remora Gearslinger is a top quality product from Maxpedition. If you are looking for a small, rugged, well designed, extremely strong and durable product then look no further as long as you are good with the small size. The Remora is Maxpeditions smallest pack in the Gearslinger series. It is made from 1000-Denier water and abrasion resistant light-weight ballistic nylon fabric which is durable and strong. The YKK #10 zippers are strong, dependable and function flawlessly.

I used the Remora regularly as my Every Day Carry (EDC) bag but it was a little to small for me as it holds about 225 cubic inches of gear. The shoulder strap is adjustable and can be used on either shoulder which helps to reduce shoulder fatigue.

The main and rear compartments have loop fields for attaching internal CCW accessories. The Remora is "low key" which provides good usability as a CCW platform. The main compartment is large enough to store must need items but remember you are limited to 225 cubic inches. There is also a front pocket and a front slip pocket to fit other smaller items that you may need.

8. paustin

paustin Loaded Pockets

I used a Remora for a few months. It was my second edc bag after my maxpedition fatboy. I liked the simplicity of the bag, but it is very small. You can carry a few small items in it, but it won't take much weight. It also doesn't come with a shoulder strap pad like most of the other bags either. To be honest it actually looks like a bag a female would carry, and by that I mean because it is just so small.