1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Maxpedition FR-1 as FAK

Discussion in 'First Aid Station' started by Cosmo7809, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Cosmo7809

Cosmo7809 Loaded Pockets

Main use for this FAK is for everyday bumps and bruises to gunshot wounds. Although its not likely I will be treating a gunshot, guns are kept in the house, accidents can happen and its the year 2012....

I do have a larger FAK which includes many more items, but this FAK can be transported and stored easier. I think its a very nice and capable kit that can get the job done 90% of the time.

I took off the original paracord zipper pulls and added some simple orange paracord. Also, had this yellow BM Mini Grip sitting around for years doing nothing, so I figured it would be a good addition to the FAK. Flashlight is a simple streamlight microstream.

Note: Something’s still need to be added. I ordered some "mini" EMT Shears, a medical cross patch, and a few other odds and ends!
    EDITED! Added some items and included a list of items in FAK
    [​IMG]
    picture hosting

[​IMG]
    hosting images

[​IMG]
    adult upload image

[​IMG]
    image host

[​IMG]
    upload pictures
    Outside: Medical Cross Patch, Streamlight Microstream, Mini EMT Trauma Shears

Inside Components:
    TOP:
    (2) Glow Sticks
    Syringe, 1 cc with Needle
    Hemostats
    (2) Tongue Depressor/Splints
    5x9 “Trauma Pad”
    Various Gauze
    Gloves
    Roller Gauze
    Various Bandaids
    Tool Kit compromised of: Pen, Photonlight, MiniBic, LiquidSkin, Mini Dental Pick, Transpore Tape, Tweezers, Various Sizes of Safety Pins and Sewing Needles, EMS QuickGuide(Wallet Sized)

BOTTOM:
    Medication including: Advil, TUMS, Allergy(Zertec),Gas-ex
    Roller Gauze
    QuikCLot
    Ace Bandage
    Skin care including: OFF bug wipe, Burn Gel, Afterstick Swab, Warrior Wipes
    Dental Kit compromised of: (1)Vial of Oil of Clove, (1)Vial of Zinc Oxide Powder, Mirror, Tylenol, Mini Brush, Cotton Swabs, (10) Cotton Pellets, (5) Cotton Rolls, Emery Stick, Dental Wax, Dental Floss, Tea Bag, Slat Package, Toothpick, 2x2 Gauze, Saline Solution, Transfer Pipette, Tweezers, Nitrile Gloves, Instructions
    Thanks!\
    (Old FAK)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Artifice likes this.
  2. mightywombat

mightywombat Loaded Pockets

I was going to use an FR-1 as a first a3d kit, but it's so expensive. I think I am going to get an ATS low profile medical insert instead. Works better with the bag I have.

3. Spyderco1116

Spyderco1116 Loaded Pockets

Nice little FAK you got going on there. You gave me a couple ideas.. mainley for labeling my stuff. Hope you don't mind. lol... Thanks! And once again AWESOME!!

4. kye4some

kye4some Loaded Pockets

5. timbo937

timbo937 Empty Pockets

neat kit

Looks like you've got a great FAK there. I like the khaki bag as it is easy to find stuff in it. I like the labeling of the bags as well.

I also like the removal of the elastic from the velcro area. I never know what to put there. I use the FR-1 as my geocaching bag and was debating on removing it. I might go ahead and do it now.

Great job!

6. atfan

atfan Empty Pockets

I found that the Maxped "glove pouch" is a great addition ...always a good idea to glove up before touching anthing..

7. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

I have an FR-1 in OD Green attached to my Falcon 2. It makes a pretty good FAK, but I'm not crazy about having it actually attached to the bag. Thinking about using a tear away panel so that it can be easily removed when needed.

Cosmo, really liked how nicely packaged and labeled you have everything. I think I'm going to have to re organize and label everything in my FAK now. lol.

8. Exploriment

Exploriment Loaded Pockets

amdmaxx likes this.
  9. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Great ideas, still thinnking of making mine a small tool setup and the Condor T&T a FA.

10. kye4some

kye4some Loaded Pockets

that's funny, I use my T&T for tools/small gear and my FR-1 as a FAK.

11. o62omega

o62omega Loaded Pockets

Always thought of a FAK as boring but the maxpedition bag gives it that something extra

12. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins Loaded Pockets

Cosmo, any chance you can link the product you used to label those bags? That is a really clean look.

13. Gillomonster

Gillomonster Loaded Pockets

Cosmo and Key4some, could you provide an item list for your FAKs? I am looking to get one and I would like to get a sence of how much you can fit in one. Thanks.

14. Cosmo7809

Cosmo7809 Loaded Pockets

Hey guys, glad your liking it and that it is giving you ideas. Since I created the thread I added a couple of more things. I plan to update the post tomorrow.

Fuzzy, the product used was a simple Brothers label maker that I got one sale for 10 bucks! Was originally 40 but this was a blackfriday sale. (This is it http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11974610)

Thanks!

15. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins Loaded Pockets

I appreciate the prompt response. This is fantastic stuff. Looking forward to the update.

16. Cosmo7809

Cosmo7809 Loaded Pockets

Updated First postwith following!

[​IMG]
    picture hosting

[​IMG]
    hosting images

[​IMG]
    adult upload image

[​IMG]
    image host

[​IMG]
    upload pictures
    Outside: Medical Cross Patch, Streamlight Microstream, Mini EMT Trauma Shears

Inside Components:
    TOP:
    (2) Glow Sticks
    Syringe, 1 cc with Needle
    Hemostats
    (2) Tongue Depressor/Splints
    5x9 “Trauma Pad”
    Various Gauze
    Gloves
    Roller Gauze
    Various Bandaids
    Tool Kit compromised of: Pen, Photonlight, MiniBic, LiquidSkin, Mini Dental Pick, Transpore Tape, Tweezers, Various Sizes of Safety Pins and Sewing Needles, EMS QuickGuide(Wallet Sized)

BOTTOM:
    Medication including: Advil, TUMS, Allergy(Zertec),Gas-ex
    Roller Gauze
    QuikCLot
    Ace Bandage
    Skin care including: OFF bug wipe, Burn Gel, Afterstick Swab, Warrior Wipes
    Dental Kit compromised of: (1)Vial of Oil of Clove, (1)Vial of Zinc Oxide Powder, Mirror, Tylenol, Mini Brush, Cotton Swabs, (10) Cotton Pellets, (5) Cotton Rolls, Emery Stick, Dental Wax, Dental Floss, Tea Bag, Slat Package, Toothpick, 2x2 Gauze, Saline Solution, Transfer Pipette, Tweezers, Nitrile Gloves, Instructions

17. Gillomonster

Gillomonster Loaded Pockets

Cosmo,

Thanks for following up with the detailed inventory list. It is a great help!!

+1 on the labeling

18. sublimepatriot1776

sublimepatriot1776 Empty Pockets

Nice set ups. I'm not sure whether to use mine for Trauma Kits or Personal Survival Kits. I'm currently running Adventure Medical Kits Sportsman IFAKs upgraded to my families needs. However I defiantly need to add more Trauma supplies while cutting some of the non essential Boo Boo supply weight.

19. INFIDELxSTRONG

INFIDELxSTRONG Loaded Pockets

nice rig brother. it's taken me a good bit to finally get a good FAK going, but it's not done. i didn't want to buy one from a store to even start one out because it's mostly band aids. so i've had to piece it together. looking at what you've shown shows me i'm not done. not by a long shot, lol. thanks for sharing :)

20. DisrupTer911

DisrupTer911 Loaded Pockets

is that the FR-1 pouch in sand?