1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Maxpedition Fatty Organizer

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by Cuso, May 28, 2011.

1. Cuso

Cuso Loaded Pockets

Ok, just received my Fatty in the mail today. WOW, very nice...

You can find specs from the bag at :

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Fatty-Pocket-Organizer-7p1654.htm

I order the thing from Eb@y , it arrived very fast. Decide to grab a black one because black matches with everything and I want to buy a Jumbo soon in OD. This will keep everything inside the Jumbo "organized" and the grab handle will make for a quick and easy access from the drivers seat.

First Impressions:

- Arrived in a plain Tivek envelope from the Eb@y guys. No plastic wrapping.
    - Typical Maxped quality feel.

Fit:

- I very quickly reach for my Mini and emptied it in the Fatty, obviously everything fit.
    - The short elastic straps feel tighter than in the Mini. This is a good thing.
    - Zipper are good no snags at all
    - I which the center elastic strap that goes trough the spine was tighter than it is. Tried to put my HDS in there but its too loose.
    - I would not recommend putting any valuable items in the center strap has they may get scratched by the items on the right side of the pack. (tried it and my leatherman almost bit my HDS's nice Cerakote finish :sigh:)
    - All else held together very nicely and tight

Picky little things:

- The seam cover looks like it may fray where it overlaps. I don't care too much about this so.
    - One of the stitches in the right side elastic straps is not perfectly straight. Again don't are much about this.

- I will probably sterilize this bag ( remove logos and velcros) because that velcro in the front outside pocket is unnecessary . I use that pocket to drop receipts or papers and thr velcro just makes access to the pocket hard. Just trying to open the pocket takes effort. I did this on my Mini and the logo is stitched along with the velcro so they both went out.

Price:

I paid $23 and change for this bag shipped. About 2 bucks more than the "regular" organizer. Well worth the money if you ask me.

Now for the picks:

[​IMG]

My daughter loves the bag too;D :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Loaded , items hidden:

[​IMG]

All items:

[​IMG]

I'm loving the bag. It definitely hold a lot of stuff. My plans are to use this has a drop-in between my EDC bags. I will order another and purpose it has a First aid kit probably.

odg likes this.
  2. rupash88

rupash88 Loaded Pockets

I also had a look at the fatty, good size for all your gear and then some. I see you have an extra cell battery, thats a good idea never thought of that. Cheers for the review! :agree:

3. powernoodle

powernoodle Loaded Pockets

I have all three sizes, and am looking forward to the micro flavor - if they will ever release it.

4. Cuso

Cuso Loaded Pockets

I got the mini and its just perfect. I can fit all the items currently on the left side of the fatty , plus the phone and extra battery for it. Its my work EDC at the moment. Maxped should have released that side a loooong time ago.

5. jeepdude_1

jeepdude_1 Loaded Pockets

I liked your review so much i just bought one.....thank you.....:)

6. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the great review you may have twisted my arm into buying one. Nice pics.

7. ltbarber

ltbarber Loaded Pockets

Awesome pix and review!

8. Redstarny

Redstarny Empty Pockets

Thanks for the review. I ordered one and my Maxped EDC isn't even broken in yet.

9. Guarddog
    • In Omnia Paratus

Guarddog EDC Junkie !!!!!

Thanks for the review!

10. Schuey2002

Schuey2002 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the Fatty review!!

Would you mind listing all of the items that you currently have in it? If you don't want to, then I'll understand...

11. KarasuStatus

KarasuStatus Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the review, been looking for something like this to organize and make more space in my future backpack I'm getting seeing how I'm one of the most unorganized people ever. This will definitely help.

12. EdB999

EdB999 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for this, very helpfull :) .
    Could you tell me how big the larger elastic straps are? Could you get a 5m tape measure in there do you think?

13. hakaduka

hakaduka Empty Pockets

Oh man, the idea of seeing 4 MT's lined up in that right side is compelling as heck... I would, however run the risk of my Wife seeing them all at once though, and the old "no honey, this is the same one, it just looks different in the... Winter?" dodge would be forefit. I'm also thinking one of these would be good for hauling around various chargers for phone, Nintendo DS, laptop, etc. on trips would be great.

14. Cuso

Cuso Loaded Pockets

The big straps on the right side are 3 inches wide, the ones on top of those are 1 1/2in for the outter ones and 2 inches for the ones in the middles. Hope that helps!

No I dont mind at all.
    1. HTC EVO with Commuter case in the zippered pocket
    2. KL-1 in VG body
    3. Spyderco Sage ( My God I love that knife)
    4. Leatherman Xti
    5. Benchmade Mini Bonecollector (work knife)
    6. CC Ti widgypry
    7. Sharpie
    8. Modified Zebra F-701
    9. Preon 2
    10. Husky micro bit driver ( The best micro bit driver to date in the price range)
    11. Batuca battery case loaded with 4 Surefire CR123 and 4 Energizers L91

That set-up has changed since the pictures though...

15. EdB999

EdB999 Loaded Pockets

Many thanks, think I'll keep my eyes open for one.... Cheapest I have found here is £26 (over $40 US), most annoying when thinks cost less in dollars than pounds!

16. Gimme

Gimme Empty Pockets

Great review thanks! I am just trying to find the best place to get one as they aren't sold in NZ... Looks like another expensive mail order for me:)

17. ltbarber

ltbarber Loaded Pockets

I love my fatty organizer,and I have it stuffed to the gills. Everything rides in there perfectly,and quietly. It allows me to carry a lot of gear,readily accesible,in a secure package. A winner,as far as I am concerned.

18. sweetdaddyroses

sweetdaddyroses Loaded Pockets

thanks! nice kit -- great review!

i just popped on one in khaki. looking forward to it! i think that the eXtra size will be perfect for my purposes since i always seem to pack too much stuff in my EDC org.

cheers!

19. thatcoder

thatcoder Loaded Pockets

Super review.

20. DARK-OPS

DARK-OPS Empty Pockets

Great review, I bought one and really like it as well!