1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Maxpedition Falcon II question

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by MikeySnyder, Jul 28, 2009.

1. MikeySnyder

MikeySnyder Loaded Pockets

Hey guys!

I need some advice here! Im looking for a good EDC bag! And im down two 2 choices Im thinking either the Maxpedition Falcon II or the Oakley AP Backpack 3.0. As far as the build quality is concerned, im confident in either bag. My only problems here though, im leaning more towards the Maxped bag(it just seems alittle more rugged, which i like), however the Oakley has a laptop compartment. Does anyone know if the MP has a inner compartment that would atleast be comperable? I have a 13" macbook.

Also i was wondering. I cant seem to find any pictures of the inside of the Falcon II. Would anyone care to help me out with that? Im really curious what its guts look like before i drop about $125 on a pack.

Thanks in advance guys!

Mikey

2. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

Milspec Monkey has good pics of it, both in and out, here.

I had a Falcon II and found it to be more trouble than it's worth, so I sold it. Compartments it does have, lots of them, but the only padding is in the back. It's also very narrow and wasn't designed for laptops, so... well, dunno, I've never had a laptop, so I have no idea about the fit. Still, if a laptop bag is what you are after, I'll vote for the Oakley.

3. lgflorin

lgflorin Loaded Pockets

Macbook 13" with Incase sleeve will go without problems in Facon II.A plus, plenty of pockets for charger, mouse,pad, camera, cables.It
    was twice with me in travel to Europe.What I like is Falcon II and Pygmy Falcon II is the fact they are narrow and fit very well for air travel and public
    transportation in Europe.Oakley AP is bigger and not so rugged but is looking good in movies like Terminator Salvation.Hardware is from parachute,
    carrying handle of lightweight metal but is a top loading one so more like a gym bag.Also I was looking at Oakley Kitchen Sink but is too big and more
    suitable for fashion and gets attention for sure.Don't forget Oakley 90 day warranty, Maxpedition limited lifetime warranty.

4. rwdflynavy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

rwdflynavy Loaded Pockets

I own 2 of the Falcon II's. I just got the new on in Royal Blue which looks awesome.

If you are looking at using it primarily as a laptop backpack, it probably isn't the best choice. If you are looking for a bullet proof backpack that can be everything from EDC to a overnight hiking backpack, I think it works great!

5. sld

sld Loaded Pockets

My 13" Sony Vaio in a slip case fits in the largest pocket without any toruble. I'll try to snap some pic's this evening.

6. FeebleOldMan

FeebleOldMan Loaded Pockets

Here's a video review by RoscoeBa showing a 15"(?) laptop in a Pygmy Falcon II and a Falcon II.

I'm pretty sure you could fit the 13" MB into the slightly padded water bag compartment so that it'll rest against your back.

Myself, I own the FII and love it for it's adaptability. :luck:

7. MikeySnyder

MikeySnyder Loaded Pockets

Hey guys! Thanks for all the input! Its really helped, and actually for the most part turned me off to the Falcon II. I think it would be great for camping or whatnot, but for my needs, its just not me(I think it would be nice if the two front compartments were removable!). On my way to purchase the AP 3.0, i decided to look at all their bags just for good measure and found one i liked even more! I ended up buying the Surf Pack 5.0. I really liked the pocket layout on this bag, as well as the laptop sleeve, and stuff sack cinch top. Not to mention it was the cheapest bag ive checked out so far!

Cant wait to load it up and post pics!

Thanks again guys!