1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

maxpedition e.d.c.

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by ObiHann, Mar 1, 2010.

1. ObiHann

ObiHann Loaded Pockets

Anyone on here use the maxpedition e.d.c. If so, is it worth the money? Pros / Cons?

2. ACHË

ACHË Loaded Pockets

Which one ?

The EDC Pocket organizer or the EDC Fat Boy?

3. cerbera147

cerbera147 Loaded Pockets

If you mean the Maxped EDC Organiser then I've got one ;D

I have found it really useful; is it worth the money? Here in the UK there isn't a great choice that I could see but I feel my £20 well spent!

There are two threads on Multitool.org showing pics and opinions on pocket organisers
    Maxpedition Thread

Pocket Organiser Thread

[​IMG]

4. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

I use a Jumbo with a M1 pouch attached to it. It has served well for over a year. Started with a Fatboy it was too small for my needs.

5. cerbera147

cerbera147 Loaded Pockets

I'm looking for a Fatboy as my first bag. Is the Jumbo much bigger than the Fatboy?

6. jegrundh

jegrundh Loaded Pockets

haven't used the maxpedition EDC Jumbo, but after watching the videos on it on youtube and milspec monkey's in particular, i prefer the old jumbo, if only for the lack of full belt on the newer one... I prefer the 2nd Gen jumbo style, primarily because of the heavier codura, and the fact that the EDC is made out of 800 i believe, which is more flexible and to me doesn't feel as tough. Also i like the small pocket on the side with the pouch, because i keep a poncho and my larger knife in there. However the lack of a grab handle is really a pain sometimes, but there are options on how to do that "after market". Just my 2 cents.

7. ObiHann

ObiHann Loaded Pockets

OK, I'm sold. Just need to pick a colour haha. Black is too dull for me, kaki / tan is a common colour with my gear though. I don't want camo, OD green loos amazing but is a bit tactical of a colour, and I'de rather avoid that of possible. Its down to OD Green and kaki I guess, time to flip a coin haha.

8. ObiHann

ObiHann Loaded Pockets

cerbera147, do you really EDC 4 leathermans? If so, what does each provide that the others cant? I carry a wave with a bit kit right now, but find that too much and too heavy, I'm thinking of downgrading to a skeletool, I wouldn't carry both though haha.

9. jegrundh

jegrundh Loaded Pockets

the squirt s4 for scissors maybe? and the tiny screwdrivers?

ik i will sometimes double carry my Juice Xe6 and my Squirt P4 if i have a tech job to go to (primarily because of the fact that my squirt is on my keychain).

However i find that the Squirts little pliers can do some stuff the Juice's can't, and vice versa, and the smaller screw drivers on the Squirt help out with little applications. Other than that i can't really justify it :p aside from being bitten by the leatherman bug :p sometimes its just nice to have different tools for different things :p and other-times its just the fact that redundancy can't be avoided, aka needing a mutltiool with a corkscrew, but wanting the size of the super-tool (next on the leatherman block for me)... then you're up a creek with either no paddle, or 1 for rapids and one for leisurely strolls.. personally i'd prefer 2 :) Better safe than sorry :) (although obviously there is a limit to that mentality haha)

10. godcode

godcode Loaded Pockets

dudes, can you still attach the Janus to the straps of the EDC jumbo?

11. NAdams65

NAdams65 Empty Pockets

It should work......not sure about buckle size but you could slip it over the strap.....I do this when I put the Janus on my camera bag.

12. gcbailey

gcbailey Loaded Pockets

I use the EDC Jumbo for everyday personal (non-work) items. It was my first maxped venture. It's a decent size... I carry my wallet, phone, sirrus satellite radio, surefire, couple knives, spare contacts, glasses, keys, countycomm organizer, digital camera, notepad and still have plenty of room left over to cram gloves and beanie. The side bottle compartment is a tad big for regular bottled water (deerpark bottles). It's small enough it fits comfortably in the center of all my vehicles so I have quick access to my wallet/phone whatever and it's not large enough to get too many stares when going into stores.

13. HOMELAND SECURITY HAM

HOMELAND SECURITY HAM Loaded Pockets

Janis straps

Yes you can, it was designed to fit it.

However I am so short 5'7", that with the all the Jumbo's slack in the strap taken up on the jumbo with the Janus attached with its included piece of extention strap it is too long for me.

Sooooooo I just slid out the extra piece of extention strap out of the Janus and ran the Jumbos strap through the Janus without the extra piece of the Janus's extention strap.

I think if you do not need the extra piece of the extention strap it should be removed anyway. Its just one extra set of buckles to break. It is a good add on pack and well thought out, as far as its location when attached.

14. jegrundh

jegrundh Loaded Pockets

i'd believe so, i doubt maxpedition would change the buckle type

15. ObiHann

ObiHann Loaded Pockets

well, I ordered it. In khaki as well :) Can't frigging wait! I'm gonna load it up with my pens, light (d20), leatherman, notepad, SAK, and whatever else I can think of! Going to organize my frigging bag finally! All I need now is to get a decent larger organizer to store cables in for all my devices haha.

16. HOMELAND SECURITY HAM

HOMELAND SECURITY HAM Loaded Pockets

There seems to be several references to Admin pouches in this thread. For the quality and the money and a nicer orginized pouch, check out the Condor M-16 pouch.

It is almost identical to the Maxpedition, it comes with the subdued American flag velcro patch included with it.

If fits a 3X5 rite in the rain (or other spirial bound book) in it and it has an additional area for your identification as well as business cards in the ID holder. The materials and build quality rival Maxpeditions and the prices are much better.

If you held them side by side I am sure that you would not want the Maxpedition variant for your admin pouch. Having them side by side is what made me choose the Condor.

I saw mine on EBAY and there are tons of them there in all different colors, but I got it at the local Army Navy store. It was just plain economics for me better pouch for less money. Not to mention that since Maxpedition has a questionable reputation for its customer service it was a slam dunk hands down.

17. ObiHann

ObiHann Loaded Pockets

It arrived! I like it, however, I expected it to carry more. Maybe I am loading too much in it though. I have my leatherman wave, s3, nitecore d20, cold steel sharkie, clicky sharpie, two tactical pens, st. steel sharpie, parker pen, uniball vision, 3x color sharpie pens, 3x5 RITN, and a usb cable.... Yah, now that I write it all down, thats a fair bit of stuff haha.

I'm planning on ordering the maxped notebook cover, probably the 3x5 size, and I will toss my RITN in there, as well as a few pens, that will free up some room for sure.

18. surefire7

surefire7 Loaded Pockets

From the one I've seen, I like the material of the original Fatboy. The new EDC and LEO versions are made of a lighter but I'm sure still very sturdy material. It is very noisy-crinkley (sp?) material, that is my only gripe with them.

19. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

:worthless:

20. godcode

godcode Loaded Pockets

ok thanks for you inputs dudes!