1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Maxpedition AGR

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Brainbox, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Brainbox

Brainbox Loaded Pockets

Hi.

Anyone thinking of ordering the new Maxpedition Wolfspur? I'd be interested in reading a review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. SSol

SSol Loaded Pockets

Hmm. You like it? I've watched the introduction vids and they just don't do it for me. I don't know what the "real" price will be but almost $200 bucks for it? I can get better for less I think. Still if you do pull the trigger make sure to let us know your thoughts. I'm curious and want to see one in the wild before I go all the way in hating the new designs.

3. Brainbox

Brainbox Loaded Pockets

Well, obviously the price is too high but they will come down once other retailers start selling the new bags. It will be interesting to see the first reviews including YouTube.

Dave

4. Henryhoover

Henryhoover Loaded Pockets

I think it looks quite good if I hadn't just bought a jumbo I'd be looking at one

5. OregonEMT

OregonEMT Loaded Pockets

I've got the Riftcore. Had it about a week. Working on a review soon. It's awesome. It really is. I got it for 160 shipped with some discounts I found online and a credit I had. But even still, i would say it's worth full price. It's a very high quality bag. Similar in size and price to my falconer

Vartz04 and AlgoOPC like this.
  6. jeepfreak38

jeepfreak38 Loaded Pockets

So, I couldn't decide between the Falconer and the Riftcore, and of course nobody local carries either one in store. I bought both and will just return whichever one I like the least. OregonEMT, what are you thoughts on them, since you have both?

Thanks!

7. OregonEMT

OregonEMT Loaded Pockets

I found the falconer to be very limited in the amount of space that I could fit all my stuff. If you look at the dimensions of both bags they're actually very similar. However, the riftcore layout is much better suited, at least for my tastes. The falconers a great bag, and I really loved the exterior compartment elastic band storage area that made organization much better, but again everything in that bag felt very cramped. I have the same amount of items in my riftcore bag, and they all fit much better as compared to the falconer bag. One thing that is on the riftcore that I really like and it was also on a 511 bag that I had, was the field of Velcro on the internal side of the main compartment. It makes adding additional items that are Velcro backed extremely easy which in turn makes organization easier.

I actually typed up a mini review with lots of photos if you haven't seen it already. I've had this bag for about two months now and it is been by far the best bag that I own. I usually end up finding something wrong with new bags which in turn causes me to go out venture to find something new. With this riftcore bag I have not felt that way. I really believe Maxpedition hit a homerun with this bag.

8. jeepfreak38

jeepfreak38 Loaded Pockets

Nice. Great review. I got both of them and after my initial evaluations, I'm leaning towards keeping the Riftcore. I love the organization pocket in the Falconer, but the Riftcore just feels super solid. And my last Maxpedition bag I owned held up like a champ and still looks brand new.

9. Co_Outdoorsman

Co_Outdoorsman Loaded Pockets

I have the WolfSpur and am loving it. I changed from the SaberCat. I'm OCD when it comes to my gear. Everything has to have a place. I.E. food to one pocket and electronics to another and tools in another. So the layout of pockets and places to put things gave me choices. With a bit of trying this and putting something here and something there I finally found what works for me. The main compartment carries my Maxpedition EDC organizer with tools and cables. I also carry assorted electronics in another case. I really loaded this thing up and still have room for assorted items I may need to add. I could still fit my iPad mini in if I needed to carry it.

I love the collapsible water bottle holder that carries my CamelBak Chute 20oz without a problem. The thing I like most about it is that it folds up and out of the way when not in use. Without water in the Chute the bag tops out at 11 pounds and carries comfortably from my left shoulder down to my right hip. And that's counting my electronics, pouch with a minimal first aid kit and some Cliff Bars and a tube that carries Gatorade mix.

The materials are all top grade as one expects from Maxpedition and I'm sure I will get years of service from it. Speaking of materials the Seatbelt cloth shoulder strap is amazingly comfortable and molds to the body as it lays across the chest. The waist belt is minimal and it doesn't really assist in carrying the weight but does a good job of keeping the bag from moving about.

10. Pepsi Jedi

Pepsi Jedi Loaded Pockets

I almost got one of those. I really did. Was about to pull the trigger on it, and found the Vanquest Mobius 2.0.
    It was very much cheeper. I could get it in 500D or 1000D depending on color choice. (I went 500D for the lighter. I'm not actually carrying my EDC into combat). That makes the material softer and more pliant with out being 'weak'. It has double collapsible waterbottle holders (Like the Wolfspur and others) I tend to like to carry my water bottle on the 'front' of the bag. Not the 'back' where most put them so I liked that. Both Collapse and hide away if not in use. And it's got great organization. The front pouch has an intigrated fold 'out' first aid kit area. And the padded top pouch can hold my Iphone 6+ with hardcase (Something I wasn't 'sure' the wolfspur could do), the concealed pocket is on the 'inside' of the back, so you can actually carry with the zipper open and noone could tell/see.

All in all a great bag and cheeper than the Wolfspur. The only two things the Wolfspur had tht the Morbius 2.0 didn't was that the main part of the wolfspur opens out and down. where the Vanquest has the traditional flip over flap (But you can velcro it back or tuck in. a nice touch) The second thing was... I rather like the Wolfspur's hex cloth. It looks nice. The Morbius 2.0 in 500D is really nice too don't get me wrong but it doesn't quite have that 'space age look' of the Wolf spur.

I don't regret my choice and saving like $45 on top of it all was great.