1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice
  1. ghorn11

ghorn11 Loaded Pockets

For those of you who own a Maxmadco pen, can you please post pics next to some other standard pens so I can get an idea of it's size? If the pics already exist, can someone direct me to them? THANKS!!!!

2. lowindo

lowindo Loaded Pockets

Here's mine along side a preon 2 and a SSS (stainless steel sharpie)

[​IMG]

kye4some likes this.
  3. choombak

choombak Loaded Pockets

Compared with an AA battery...
    [​IMG]

4. ghorn11

ghorn11 Loaded Pockets

It seems quite thin. Would it be comfortable for long note-taking sessions?

5. notosw

notosw Loaded Pockets

Yes, once you get used to the weight. The diameter was not an issue in my experience.

6. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

I was a tad bit concerned about that too..but I just got mine and I'm finding the width to be just right.
    Its 3/8 inches. For comparison a Cross Century II is 2/8 inches. A Jotter is about 5/16 inches at the
    widest part and tapers down. I find it about as wide or tad wider than a jotter.

My former EDC pen was really wide and while comfortable the width seemed to transfer the fatigue to my
    elbow.. I couldn't figure out why my elbow was hurting...thought it was from my computer mouse. So too
    wide seemed no good for me. Too thin is bad too...I had a Rotring 600 with an un-knurled grip that was
    really thin..it would cause pain in my thumb and my hand would cramp...couldn't write with it at all.

7. Zatx

Zatx Loaded Pockets

I ordered one of these yesterday and it should be here tomorrow... can't wait!

8. wundergussy

wundergussy Loaded Pockets

Just got mine - awesome!

9. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

I'm glad you like it. I've been using mine for several days now and it's been quite comfortable. Will you be using the black gel it came with? That is a good experience with this pen I found.
    I've been using a trying a couple of different refills as I'm on the fence again about which blue refill I like. I was surprised how well
    the Fisher blue does in this pen.

10. wundergussy

wundergussy Loaded Pockets

I really like the feel/flow of the black gel; I prefer gel to a more traditional ballpoint. I would like to find a nice blue, as I usually lean that way. It would need to be as smooth as the black gel though. First stop, I suppose, would be parker gel blue.

Last edited by wundergussy, Jun 14, 2012
  11. persco

persco Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

The pen is awesome. Here it is next to the Embassy pen.

DBR and goosefacer like this.
  12. lowindo

lowindo Loaded Pockets

It is a little heavy for all day note taking. But, dang its a nice pen. Actually look forward to meetings and taking notes.

This thread was about photos. So those of you with your new pens. Show them off!

13. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

I love the Parker blue gels...a nice mahattan blue color. Only problem I have with them is they are water precarious..the black gel I see is much more water resistant. Luckily this refill format is popular so there's lots of options (and they all fit in this pen).

14. ghorn11

ghorn11 Loaded Pockets

I too would like a nice blue when I can order the pen. Let me know if you find any blues that work well!

15. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

It looks like it's totally smooth, is it slippery to write with? (I think I may have asked about this before, but I'm too old to remember. :p)

16. persco

persco Loaded Pockets

Not at all. It actually has excellent grippiness, I find. Even when my hand gets sweaty, it never feels like it will slip from my hand.

The only thing I don't like about Jim's pen is the cartridge it comes with, the med black. I love it with the fine point blue, however (Schmidt makes good ones). Also Fisher fine points work well, too.

17. flatline

flatline Loaded Pockets

I know you're probably asking for blue gels, but the fine point blue fisher space pen refill works great in this pen.

--flatline

18. ghorn11

ghorn11 Loaded Pockets

I like a size pen right around, ironically, my favorite ink, the Uniball Signo. I am, however, always looking for a smoother blue which is why I continue to ask for recommendations. I will probably buy all options of refills to see what I like best, maybe I can make a writing comparison so others can see the inks if I purchase it.

Can anyone provide a picture with the Maxmadco next to a Signo or perhaps a G2?

I love the idea of the Maxmadco because of it's simplicity and the fact that it is stainless. I will need to be able to disinfect it frequently, and steel is the balls!

19. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

Blue refills I have.. more difficult than black I think. [​IMG]

20. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

Don't own a signo.. Maxmadco next to Parker sonnet.
    [​IMG]