1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Max Archer's EDC.

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by Max Archer, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Max Archer

Max Archer Loaded Pockets

About time I start a general EDC thread for my stuff.

[​IMG]
    EDC 8-19 by MaxArcher, on Flickr

Most stuff is recognizable to people here, I think.

Bag is a Timbuk2 Classic Messenger Small.

Main knife is a Bladetech Ganyana Lite. I'd still like to get something nicer/more "gentleman-ly".

Sunglasses are Oakley C-Wire. I just got them from my optometrist, and it seems like they messed up the lenses. (They're made as if the lenses would be perfectly vertical when worn, but the frames actually hold them at an angle. You might notice how severely I've bent the side pieces to try and angle them better.)

Camera is a Canon S90 with the Cameraleather.com Griptac kit applied to it.

Watch is a Suunto Core.

The S-Biner with the Micra, flashdrive, and LED light stays clipped inside my pants pocket, so I've always got those items, even when I don't have my bag. The bigger keychain goes in one of the bag's front pockets.

2. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

Nice! Love the bag.

3. Max Archer

Thanks! I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the all black bag, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. It's almost tactical, but not blatantly so. I would've liked a blacked out logo, but the cost of a custom version wouldn't have been worth it just for that. Maybe I can Sharpie it, haha... Actually, I guess I could pick it out, thread by thread, if I really wanted to spend the time.

4. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

not bad ideas ;). I have some timbuks but my favorite is the swig. I cut the stupid bottle opener off and it really works good for me. reminds me of a modern rucksack. I am not into the tactical purses. ;)

5. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

clarification: by that I mean Maxpud

6. Max Archer

Update, since it's been a couple weeks.

[​IMG]
    Big EDC by MaxArcher, on Flickr

A few notable differences. I've been wearing a watch of a different sort - it's actually an iPod Nano, on a HEX Vision watch band. Since I've now got three i-devices on me, I figured it was about time I bought some decent earbuds, and these Klipsch S4s hit the right combination of price, reviews, and availability.

The knife is a Gerber Vallotton. I bought this knife on impulse a few years ago, and decided to try carrying it. I'm kind of torn as to a verdict on it. It's got some pretty noticeable deficiencies - it's a Gerber, it's a $30 Gerber, it's combo edge, and it's mystery steel. On the other hand, the assisted opening mechanism is snappy enough, the shape and size are great, and it's got a super-low pocket clip. I really wish this were a $60 knife by another company, maybe without the assist, as it's a real case of great design with not so great quality.

I also decided to get a FAK, and the TravelMedic seemed just right for my usual purposes. I added some extra bandaids (actually Nexcare) and a dozen tylenol in a small Ziploc.

7. LoneArcher

LoneArcher Loaded Pockets

Nice set up! I love the Timbuk2 bag, very nice.

8. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

Nice carry gear, are you still using the Timbuk2 bag?
    I would sharpie out the logo, it will probably look grey instead of black, but it will be darker.

9. mrjam3s

mrjam3s Loaded Pockets

You have great stuff!

10. Max Archer

The bag's working out great, sometimes my stuff is a tight fit, but I wouldn't want anything bigger. I've made some changes (again), so I should take a new picture and post it here.

I still haven't gotten around to doing the logo.

11. Max Archer

12. Doric

Doric Loaded Pockets

Got any more details on that folding comb?

13. Max Archer

It's from a $1.50 store called Daiso Japan. They're a big chain (Seriously, like thousands of stores around the world), but most of their US stores are in SF Bay and Los Angeles areas. If you happen to be near one, they have a lot of cool stuff for everything from EDC to the kitchen, and it's all super cheap. (The comb, the curved nail file above it, the little brown card holder "book", and the not-shown cases I use for my spare lens and my earbuds are all from there.)

The comb is pretty chintzy. It's supposedly ionized or something, I just bought it cause it's a nice size.

14. rickinFL

rickinFL Loaded Pockets

My general pen screwdriver has also served me well. Nice stuff.

15. Max Archer

New knife, Benchmade 10700 Nagara. Also new wallet since the last post. Got sick of the Dosh.

[​IMG]

16. simmerdownjack

simmerdownjack Loaded Pockets

what iPhone case is that?

17. browneyes

browneyes Loaded Pockets

It looks like the 'reveal etch' by griffin.

Btw, nice edc Max Archer. It seems like a well-thought out edc that covers lots of bases.

18. Max Archer

Thanks. It's a continuous evolution but I'm finally happy now that I have a nice knife. I need to carry a Micra or SAK or something for the drivers and bottle opener, though.

And yeah, it's the Reveal Etch. I got it through the free case program that Apple did when the phone first came out. One word of warning if anybody's interested, it won't fit the Verizon iPhone 4 or any iPhone 4S because of the button locations.

19. Manatakui

Manatakui Loaded Pockets

I love the blue Benchmade; you have a great looking EDC, too. :)

20. Mugen

Mugen Loaded Pockets

Well thought out kit man, looks clean and efficient. I've been inspired to post up pics of my EDC bag now, which is basically just my work bag. Got some cool stuff tho. Keep it up man!