1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Marcel's stuff

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by Here Comes The BOOM, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. survivorman
    • In Omnia Paratus

survivorman Loaded Pockets

I don't even know the s1 to be honest and by no means want to criticize it. Its just that i would pretty much swap any flashlight for my ZL. ;)

“Knicks and dull edges are abominations, so use knives and hatchets for nothing but they were made for.” – Horace Kephart, 1917

2. Here Comes The BOOM

Here Comes The BOOM EDC Junkie!!!!!

Too late, you've hurt it's feelings now.

Don't worry about it man ;)

I'm glad you have a flashlight that you love that much, I feel the same way about my S1 even though it's on the cool side of white.

I'm sure Zebralight will cave in one day and make a black one for me to try :)

3. de Vries
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

de Vries EDC Junkie!!!

How's the air rifle practice going? We can do a little competition when you come to visit me some day.

4. Here Comes The BOOM

That was my idea too, perhaps you missed it at the bottom of my post (#332 on the previous page)?

I think it'll have to wait until next year though, this one is almost over already :eek:

Shooting went pretty well until last week.

I got a few different kind of pellets to try out with the gun from the previous owner and liked the ones on the left the best for accuracy and penetration:

[​IMG]

But they didn't have those at the Dumpstore we went to earlier this year so I got the ones on the right instead. I initially thought they might be the successor to the other ones and assumed they would perform similar but they don't work that well with my gun. Penetration is awesome but they're not very accurate at all for some reason. They do have the Gammo Match pellets at the same weight though (I like a heavy pellet) and I know those are just as accurate as the Magnums on the left in the pic but loose a little in penetration so I'll see if I can exchange the unopened boxes for those. I certainly hope so because I bought six boxes of them, lol

What targets do you use and what distance do you usually shoot at? With the right ammo I'm good till about 15 meters, perhaps 20 on a slightly larger target. Anything further then that and my red dot starts to become bigger than the targets :rolleyes:

Nick4305, Gallows, Idox and 12 others like this.
  5. de Vries
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

de Vries EDC Junkie!!!

Firstly, ditch the Gamo pellets. Get some quality ones instead like JBS or H&N. Since you have a pump gun some light pellets will probably do best, both brands I suggested have test boxes. Might be worth a try. Good luck practicing, you need it.
    I have a steel box with silhouettes that fall down when you hit them.

Gallows, Idox, CalicoSalsa and 8 others like this.
  6. Here Comes The BOOM

Oh, that sounds like fun, just as on the fair in the olden days. I used to have a couple (a large and a small one) of those metal bullet catchers that you slide target cards in but I can't find them any more. I just fill up a box with old newspapers and stick some of those Birchwood Casey Shoot N C targets on them. They're fun too but they don't last very long.

According to the previous owner this gun shoots best with a certain light JBS pellet, but I need a heavier pellet for "pest control". The Gammo Match & Magnum Energy performed pretty good up to about 15 meter or so(maximum range in the backyard), I could pretty much shoot every pellet through the bullet hole of the last shot with those.

Gallows, Idox, theirishboxer and 5 others like this.
  7. Here Comes The BOOM

I forgot to post some pics here yesterday:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. JPE

JPE Loaded Pockets

Always feel like missing something... seeing your pictures I think it's one of those LM Squirt PS4's... :rolleyes_revamped:

I should stop looking at all the pictures overhere. Just makes me want stuff... :confused:

:giggle:

fast, microbe, Idox and 11 others like this.
  9. Here Comes The BOOM

Everyone needs a Squirt! It's such a handy little tool, everything a SAK should be imo *ducks for cover*

I don't like the blade though (chisel grind), but I almost never use the blades on my MTs anyway.

I did a long photo-post about the Squirt a while ago somewhere in this thread but I believe Imageshack finally stopped hosting my photo's so I have to figure out how I'm going to fix all those broken images one of these days.

If you keep an eye on the bay you should run in to one for a slightly more reasonable price at some point, they're a bit on the expensive side if bought new over here imo. I paid around 27 bucks incl. shipping for mine back when (I believe they're around 45,- over here?).

ps: if you really want to treat yourself you should have a look at the St. Dupont Maxijet too. It's a crazy price for a lighter but now that I have one I wish I would have gotten one 20 years ago. It's hard to describe why but if you like torch lighters there's nothing better out there ime. They also make a smaller but much cheaper Minijet if a smaller tank isn't a problem for you.

Idox, T.H.Cone, theirishboxer and 7 others like this.
  10. JPE

JPE Loaded Pockets

I'm not yet pulling the trigger, but might after the weekend. On a Squirt, new, 34 euro and that's including shipping... But you know how broke I'm... but then, it's Christmas and I may treat myself on a little present... :oops:

Will have a look at those lighters. I once bought some Ronsons from the bay... all not working, hence the low price I know. So I'm a bit hesitant on buying used stuff...

microbe, Idox, theirishboxer and 7 others like this.
  11. Here Comes The BOOM

That's not a bad price, for that small a difference it isn't worth waisting time scouting the bay I guess.

Did you buy old used Ronsons, Varaflames perhaps? Like this one:

[​IMG]

Because I used to buy, refurbish and sell those as a lucrative hobby for a while. I don't have any spare parts at hand anymore but I'd be happy to see if I can order some and fix them up for you. Usually they just need a clean up and a couple of new valves and then they're good to go for another 20 to 40 years or so.

fast, Nick4305, microbe and 17 others like this.
  12. Here Comes The BOOM

I finally replaced my old 2010 phone with a new one:

[​IMG]

1st gen 7" Galaxy Tab versus 6" Sony Xperia C5 Ultra Dual.

It takes a bit getting used to to the smaller screen but I'm liking all the improvements to the hardware and software and it sure is a lot easier to pocket :)

My EDC doesn't seem the change much anymore otherwise:

[​IMG]

fast, Radley, Nick4305 and 18 others like this.
  13. JPE

JPE Loaded Pockets

Hi there Boom!

Sorry for my late reply, somehow I got lost in all the threads...:confused:

Has been a while since I bought those lighters. I have to look for them. But I think there was a Varaflame between them. I know I was looking for one because my dad used to have one back in the years he still smoked. I also can remember that as a child I got my hands on it and... well... broke it in an attempt to 'repair' it... :eek:

After years I got to know that there was an inscription on it. My dad's and mom's initals, and I always thought it was a sailboat. Turns out that the lighter was my mom's present to my dad as the got engaged... The lighter is gone now...

Will look for the lighters I've got and come back to you. Thanks for the offer of course!!!

ManVsLawn, Nick4305, microbe and 11 others like this.
  14. Here Comes The BOOM

That's a real shame that it's gone. These things are basically indestructible. The things that do break are usually replaceable parts but the body itself is from a solid piece of steel. You need a special tool to work on them though. It's like a forked screwdriver, 5 or 6mm if I remember correctly.

Sure, you'll know where to find me [​IMG]

Also, a very happy and healthy 2016 to all my fellow EDCers! I hope everyone still has all ten fingers and isn't too hung over :rolleyes:

New years carry:

[​IMG]

Yes, I've reverted to photo-shopping in an effort to make my pics look somewhat decent with current daylight conditions.

fast, ManVsLawn, Gwac110 and 17 others like this.
  15. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

Happy New Year, Boom.

16. Mr. Martines

Mr. Martines Loaded Pockets

17. Here Comes The BOOM

Thanks, you too! Digging the new facial hair by the way :rofl:

18. Mr. Martines

Mr. Martines Loaded Pockets

Little upgrade by theirishboxer

19. Gallows