1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Many of you carry alot of items on items on you...How do you make it work?

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by JonSidneyB, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

nick nitro wins: It's a B-room sink, and I needed a good way to take pics without a tripod (had to use my C-phone) or a helper, so I used the B-room mirror.

EDIT:
    What kind of a person puts E-outlets next to the tub? That's just asking to get electrocuted My 2/100..."20 lbs is a lot on one leg." crossed wire on my part...I meant using them together, and taking a few item off/out of the pack to use on the rig (Me wear a 20LB thigh rig HECK NO).

2. nick nitro

nick nitro Loaded Pockets

Boy SureFire, I appreciate innovative thinkers, tryouts for the team are in two months.

3. Boy SureFire

:ty: :confused: Tryouts?...team?... :thinking: You lost me at " innovative thinkers."

4. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

Cargo pants
    occasionally cargo vest or chore jacket
    2 key rings
    neck chain
    DeSantis Speed Scabbard, Wilderness Safepacker or Milt Sparks VM2
    Extra large Saddleback Leather briefcase or large Timbuk2 messenger

5. Boy SureFire

So Tomorrow I'm stuck wearing rain pants, and therefor can't take all my belt holsters, So I made a Thigh Rig.

6. TxSxB

TxSxB Empty Pockets

I clip my knife in my front right pocket, clip my keys on my left front pocket then on my belt I have my Gerber Freehand, 3xAA LED Maglite in a Nite Ize Lite Holster Plus, my Samsung Flight rides in a Nite Ize Rugged Case occasionally I carry my Zippo in a leather belt pouch and the bit set for my Gerber in a separate pouch.

-Andy

7. TempestV

TempestV Loaded Pockets

I carry more than most people here, but most people would know it looking at me. People are amazed when I empty my pockets, because I carry way more than they would expect. I wear Carhartts, and I only carry stuff in my pants pockets. Shirt/vest/coat carry works great until summer when I'm wearing a tee shirt. Also, for some reason, while stuff in my left rear pocket doesn't bother me, stuff in the right rear pocket does. Previously, I carried everything in my pockets, but cruising this site convinced me to start on the pocket FAC and repair kit I've wanted for a while. As a result, I moved a few tools to belt pouches.
    Left front pocket:
    [​IMG]
    Truck keys, lighter, sharpie, mechanical pencil, pen, pocket FAK, memory stick.
    Right front pocket:
    [​IMG]
    Tape measure, spare keys, pocket knife, repair kit, scissors.
    The pocket knife and scissors are clipped to the corner of the pocket.
    Belt pouches:
    [​IMG]
    SOG Powerlock in Leatherman case, flashlight and 4 in 1 screwdriver in Lowe case, sometimes I carry a fixed blade (in this case a 6" CRKT Sealtac).
    I should mention that seeing guys with stuff like multi tools, fixed blades, flashlights, even pruners on their belt is not that odd around here.
    Right slash pockets:
    [​IMG]
    Channel locks, cell phone.
    The cell phone goes in the shorter pocket, the channel locks go in the taller pocket. The two work together nicely to keep either from falling out of the pocket. Take one or the other out and the remaining one is in danger of falling out.
    My dad was having trouble with his cell phone falling out of his pocket, my recommendation was to start carrying a pair of channel locks.
    Wallet in Left rear pocket:
    [​IMG]
    Tweezers, notebook, magnification card, 7" zip ties, microfiber cloth, double sided velcro, duct tape, 4" zip ties, diamond sharpening card, plastic bag.
    The wallet is a western or rodeo style, which also holds a checkbook.
    Last but not least, sunglasses:
    [​IMG]
    They stay clipped to the back of the hat surprisingly well, which is convenient both as a place to store them when I'm not wearing them, and because it keeps my hat and sunglasses together when I'm inside and not wearing either.

8. usmc18

usmc18 Loaded Pockets

The pic below is my edc these days. This times of year I always wear a jacket or fleece vest. I also wear carhartt, 5.11 TDU, and Columbia Rock River Pants with all the accesory pockets. Works for me

[​IMG]

9. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan Empty Pockets

TOOLCHAIN (AKA Known as keychain with key moded LM micra )
    Jeans pockets   ( included back pockets !)
    Sweater with pockets
    Jacket with inner and outer pockets ,     I carried 3x3, 4x4 and 5x5 rubic's cube at same time  without  looking to bulky (was with a large bubble jacket)

using these pockets, I can get an enormus amount of things with me.

10. sasquatch

sasquatch Loaded Pockets

Carpenter jeans and a stiff belt

I quit the wallet several months ago...now all cards and a Victorinox tool card in a watertight box in my LF pocket (lanyarded). SAK with house keys and spare car keys, and flash drive lanyarded to other side, with cell in coin pocket. Cold Steel Vaquero Grande(6" blade) in ruler pocket with pen and chapstick. Main car keys with 3 mini multitools, p-38, led light hanging from belt clip, left side, right on iliac crest. Left hip pocket carries cash, Buck penknife, Kershaw assisted-opener (clipped), sling, .30-06 brass (whistle, works on compressed air!) SOG powerLoc on belt just back of right iliac crest.

Jeans are black Wrangler carpenters. Belt is the narrow pistol-belt style from USCAV, with adjustment harware removed, belt sewn to size.

Some of this, esp. on keyring, is just for brag rights in the shop.

11. jimspriggs500

jimspriggs500 Empty Pockets

I used to carry my gear in County Comms' Diplomat Pocket organizers in the thigh pockets of my cargo pants. In my other pockets I carried a wallet, coins & keychain. On my belt I had a pouch with multitool & torch. However, my pants kept slipping!. So, I bought a MaxPed Remora (I live in France and most men carry some form of a ManPurse). I still use the pocket organizers, but in the bag. I have one Maxped EDC Organizer in one pocket of my cargoes for absolute essentials, and my wallet in the other leg pocket. This has been better for me personally, it won't work for everyone. The winters here are cold and we're less than 10 mins from a ski resort, so getting gear out of a bag in winter with cold hands is much easier. In summer, we bake. It is easier to drive with less on my body, and less sweaty on days out. Just my 2 centimes worth

12. daundu

daundu Empty Pockets

I'm a jacket/coat wearing person, no matter what the season. I distribute my gear through pants and coat pockets.

13. Boy SureFire

Warning: The glass ceiling set by oppressive self-consciences people is about to break.

The idea I set out to fulfill some ~1,760 posts ago is finally being realized now, & I'm now more determined to succeed despite having many discouraging trials. I will build my idea slowly, but it will eventually become the full featured glass breaker of this new EDC world. I've already taken this rig out-into public today, so now it's just a matter of gradually carrying a bigger hammer each trip up to the ceiling until... :evilgrin: One day the hammer I wield will go unnoticed until it's to late, & I've broken the glass.

[​IMG]

14. Municipal_Jedi

Municipal_Jedi Loaded Pockets

How comfortable was the drop leg doing every day tasks (i.e. riding the bus, walking up/down stairs etc.)? I seems to me that there would be a fair amount of rubbing and pant bunching but I've never worn one long term.

15. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

How about a pic of the entire rig from waist down?

16. Boy SureFire

The pant leg does bunch/ride up a little, & over-all it's comfortable with lighter loads around/under ~2lbs. There are some minor comfort issues during car traval, but the main clip support can easily be undone to allow the rig to be turned facing upward. As with any object strapped to your body, some rubbing during Walking, climbing/descending stairs, or kneeling etc will occur. Long distance testing in walking etc is still needed, so I'll hold off on making any long-term claims. One comfort issue I've found is that there's heat build-up under the rig after periods of use, so usage during cold weather activities may be preferably.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. fixdeluxe1

fixdeluxe1 Empty Pockets

I usually use the holster to carry both the firearm and the magazines,Phone and Wallet in Pocket and the Pen + Multi-tool clipped to the belt.Very ergonomic.

18. comando293

comando293 Loaded Pockets

@Boy SureFire

I dunno man. There's no kill like overkill, but man, that's a lot of pouches. You aren't worried about looking like a target/mark/potential terrorist/potential cop? I get one or two pouches, but how much stuff do you need? and cargo pants don't cut it? No offense, but that kit just seems a bit much.

19. Boy SureFire

The price of being on the edge of something new will always come with the risk of falling off... I carry roughly a small pack worth of gear no matter where I go (church, school, the store, & etc), so I'm prepared to meet whatever comes my way peacefully, violently, or like Macgyver. Are you worried?

20. comando293

comando293 Loaded Pockets

I have a bag on me and in my car. I have a bunch of stuff in various pockets. I'd hate to sound insulting when I don't mean it, but at what point are you overprepared, and into safety blanket territory? I would guess that I feel just as prepared (for some subjective standard of prepared) as you do, but I do it with significantly less stuff, and, more importantly for me, with much less flash.

Clearly we have fundamentally different philosophies. I consider myself to be at the edge of "grey man" territory, and sometimes (hell, a lot of the time) I wonder if I could blend in better. You, on the other hand, couldn't care less about hiding in the crowd. Maybe I've just watched too many spy movies. ;D

Am I worried? Not about you :) About me? hell yeah, that's why I'm a member here.