1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Manchester, UK Meet up?

Discussion in 'Trade Shows & EDCF Gatherings' started by Fabregas485, Apr 5, 2013.

1. coolerking

coolerking Loaded Pockets

Ok, I am thinking that a pub with a beer garden to bask in glorious weather may well be the answer, somewhere that is accessible by train and motorway easily, then those that want a camp out.... can do that as well, something for everyone.

hal_chase likes this.
  2. Essexman

Essexman Loaded Pockets

How did I miss this thread. Just to chip in, been to a few forum meetings over the years. Always good fun and great people to meet up with, time goes so quick once you start chatting.
    On the britishblades forum we had a meeting in a London pub, hired a room away from the public view. But it does cost money! Costs were covered by a raffle, almost everyone put items in to be raffled off.
    If you go down the pub room way, be upfront with the landlord and explain, be 100% sure they are happy.

3. 4rmless
    • In Omnia Paratus

4rmless Loaded Pockets

Sound advice Essexman.

I think renting a room and having a raffle sounds pretty good, I'd happily contribute.

I'm not great on good pubs round Manchester, though I'm very familiar with those on the Ale Trail to the east as I've made that trip once or twice! Can anyone else suggest a venue they like?

4. Roguetrooper

Roguetrooper Loaded Pockets

Could Liverpool be an option? (he asks selfishly!)

5. 4rmless
    • In Omnia Paratus

4rmless Loaded Pockets

Not so selfish, that'd probably be easier for me. It's just less good if we have any easterners.