1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Man with assault rifle attends Obama protest

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Templarx88, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Flight-ER-Doc

Flight-ER-Doc Loaded Pockets

Because she is no longer good enough looking to be a model, and is far too stupid to be anything else?
    Or, because the 'facts' are whatever the media make them to be....fake, but accurate?

2. Flight-ER-Doc

The Secret Service was aware of it (the 'demonstrators' notified them and the PD the night before) and didn't have a problem with it.....so, I guess they didn't jump much.

And after all, these people were blocks away and barry was inside a HUGE freakin building. Just how much risk was there? About as much as a meteorite hitting him.

3. Mark123

Mark123 Empty Pockets

Freedom of speech-Rant on :evilgrin: !!!

But IMHO, these types of threads give this forum a bad name. Freedom of speech, racism, legal open carry, lefists, Obama as Hitler, the legal definition of an assault rifle, etc...okay I got all that-but there is another sane sliver of of American society, maybe the majority based on the last election, that thinks "what kind of idiot would carry an AR-15 to a Presidential event."

Just my 2 cents...please respond.... :mob:

Now excuse me while I go talk to my fellow EDC'ers about building the perfect first aid kit. :)

4. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

And that is why we have the Breakroom, for non-EDC discussion, and folks can choose whether or not they wish to participate and are welcome to do so, as long as they play nice. :)

5. Mister Scribble

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

I think you're right.

6. lovecraft47

lovecraft47 Empty Pockets

It's a shame that this became a series of arguments. Those people have the right to carry their guns, so they did. It doesn't matter if someone was in the military or not. The right to keep and bear arms applies to ALL Americans.

7. jehan60188

jehan60188 Loaded Pockets

nope, it's a collective right.

just like the first amendment only grants rights to groups and organizations
    or how you can only have a trial by jury if a whole bunch of people are tried at once
    :D

8. jeeves3443

jeeves3443 Loaded Pockets

What?

9. WARFIST

WARFIST Banned

i totally agree

10. Flight-ER-Doc

Not according to common usage at the time the Constitution was written, or the US Supreme Court (read the Heller decision, and in particular the amicus briefs supporting Heller).

The term of art 'the people' refers to individuals...or the Fourth Amendment would be meaningless, along with the rest.

11. Underhill
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

Underhill Perpetually Hungry

I think Jehan may have made that post in jest... :D

12. phaserrifle

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

I think that this is a badly thought out protest.
    I agree that they should have every right to protest, just as everyone else should, about any issue, so long as it is peaceful and safe. if they feel that openly carrying a firearm is a suitable part of such a demonstration, fair enough, although it could lead to a peacefull protest as being viewed as a hostile one, by outside observers, dependant on context.
    however carrying such items while attending a rally featuring a man who is in a job that is considered to carry a high risk of assasination attempts, and this threat is considered to have increased due to who the man in question is, strikes me as a bit stupid, if only because it could lead to you being arrested or shot by the secret service, because you moved wrong.

I also wonder why it matters that one of the weapons was an "AR-15 type", as if that particular variety poses more of a threat than any other semi-automatic carbine/rifle.

13. jehan60188

jehan60188 Loaded Pockets

it's all black. like an army rifle!

14. phaserrifle

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

ah.

you just can't fight logic like that, can you?

after all, I know that any switchblade is a far more deadly knife than even the biggest of sheathknives, because it's cooler...... :rolleyes:
    (except we don't call them switchblades, their flick knives, not that anyone knows the difference between a flick knife and a liner lock anymore)