1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

malkoff flashlight appreciation

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by marsos52, Feb 15, 2011.

1. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

when i first joined here at the forum i was dead set on surefire lights..nothing else i knew of could interest me after owning and using surefires.. it did not take long after finding about lights i had never heard of to broaden my sites..

at the time i had a need for adding another light..and was about to land myself on another surefire,,instead i desided
    to try something else,, first came the RA edc light and that started my quest.. then i started hearing about malkoff's
    and ordered one (a 120 lumen head with a 2 cell body and a high/low ring and pocket clip) this light is so basic and a pleasure in every respect.. i never totally got to know this light because i put in my tool bag and i didnt get to use it in any situation except for work..

shorty after getting the malkoff i also got a elezetta with a tactical bezel..for my bag edc..(it has a malkoff head)

over the last few months i been using the malkoff light reguarly and i got to say this flashlight has really won me over.
    the RA light is wonderful for pocket carry and around the house and the malkoff is a real work horse as well as great in the hand and it is quite good for giveing battery life too..

so i got wanted to give some appreciation for this wonderful design and product..also the customer service cant be beat..and thats another plus too..

three custom lights and i love them all. and would not want to give any one up.. each is specail in its own right.

but the malkoff light over time really raises to the top..

thanks for reading and thanks for opening my eyes to the wonderful world of great flashlights

and im thinking want to get next..

2. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

I hear ya'. My two favorite lights are a Ra clicky high CRI & my MD2 w/ M61w (camo ano).
    Gene's stuff is top drawer, and his service after the sale is unbeatable; just an all around great guy to deal with.

3. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

i like how you think

4. OwenM

OwenM Loaded Pockets

Surefire has my favorite designs for ergonomics and overall dependability, but they're only favorite lights after modding. Since went with modded E series lights, but the Classic lights(P, C, Z series) always benefitted from upgrades or dropins, and Malkoff has been #1 for me since they came on the market. Outstanding quality, good performance, and only lacking a low mode to make them all around "bests" in many areas-you get that with the MD2 and resistored ring, but at the cost of using a Kroll tailcap, and having to loosen the bezel.
    I had all of the M60 variants with neutral emitters(W, WF, WL, WLF), and still have a M60WLF in a C2 w/Z58 that makes a wonderful general purpose light.
    That Elzetta looks like a very nice host.
    I have no need for them, but the M61W and M61WL are a constant temptation, if for no other reason than that they're Malkoffs...

5. WESBC

WESBC Loaded Pockets

I too am guilty of Surefire brand loyalty. I really want to get a high CRI Ra Clicky, but I'm scared that the E1DL that cost me $$$ will be no longer put to use.

6. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

Another Surefire junkie here but Malkoff + Surefire = WOW bright!

My Malkoffs:

MD3 w/ M60 MCE-W (holy grail find)
    3 x M60 <= I can't tell you why I have/need 3 of them
    M61
    M61W
    M60L
    M60LL

All hosted inside of Surefire hosts

Gene is a real cool person to talk to. Met him last year at the SHOT SHOW and boy can he talk about lights.

As for HDS Systems, Henry is a very unique person. You can talk flashlights with him all day long. Had a chance to see his new lights at the Shot Show this year and now I want more!

Twisty 100
    Twisty 140
    Twisty GPD
    CLicky Hi CRI

Wait, that's not enough, more HDS lights are in order...

7. n0k1a

n0k1a Empty Pockets

What a coincidence, what I find here after I just posted in another thread that the brands I would most trust with my life would be SureFire, Malkoff, and HDS. :)

I'm extremely fond of SF, and have half a dozen of their lights. One of them is a 6PD with an M61, which is truly one of my favorite lights ever...what a beautiful beam pattern! I can't wait for a Malkoff XM-L P60 drop-in...

HDS is the only one which I haven't personally tried yet, but I look forward to doing so. Almost everything I've ever read about them has been positive.

8. ZMZ67

ZMZ67 Loaded Pockets

There is a reason Malkoffs are so popular on CPF! Really fantastic no nonsense products that you can rely on!Customer service is without peer and the only real problem is catching the drop-ins while they are in stock as they sell out very fast.I encourage anyone looking for high quality tactical/hard use lights to take a look at what Gene has to offer!

9. stm

stm Loaded Pockets

The only thing better than a SureFire is a SureFire with a Malkoff drop-in.

stm

10. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Where's the pics?!

;D

11. stm

stm Loaded Pockets

My favorite EDC flashlight:

[​IMG]

SureFire E1B Body with a Malkoff Valiant VME head, and a Malkoff M31 LED drop-in. Sorry, this is the only pic I have handy.

stm