1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

making a surefire hand held into a weapon light

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by steviesterno, Apr 28, 2018.

1. steviesterno

steviesterno Loaded Pockets

Hey all,

I have a surefire fury 2 mode light. It does 15 lumens and 600 lumens but I have heard there’s a way to modify it so you can just press on or click on to the highest mode. 15 lumens doesn’t seem good for what I want to do.

Anybody know how to do this by cutting a wire or do I need to buy parts?

2. steviesterno

neo71665 likes this.
  3. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

Glad it worked out for ya, welcome to light modding. Next thing you know you'll be swapping leds for better colors and changing drivers for more personalized function. Then you'll end up just buying a host and building them from parts from the ground up.

steviesterno likes this.
  4. steviesterno

I already did drop a malkoff head (or however you say it) into an old surefire body.

I don't have anyone local messing with this kind of stuff, so I don't know the difference really yet. I know I want my weapon lights as bright as possible and EDC lights as small (and bright) as possible.

MCPOWoller and neo71665 like this.
  5. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

I turned into the "local" guy for fixing lights up before I got sick. There is a ton you can learn online if you care to read and watch videos. Sadly my hands shake too bad to do any good soldering jobs so I have gotten away from it.

I do have a convoy s2+ on my bench with a bad driver. Just waiting on the driver to show up (was under warranty) so I can fix it. I love a company that will ship out the part vs having to mail it to them and wait for them to send it back.