1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Magpul

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by jemhouston, Nov 6, 2013.

1. jemhouston
    • +2 Supporter

jemhouston Loaded Pockets

After Colorado passed it's gun control messages, Magpul said they were pulling out of the state. It's been six months, has anyone heard anything on when or where they're moving?

SunwolfNC and SAKplumber like this.
  2. patientcero

patientcero Loaded Pockets

They made a statement a little while back due to blow back of not moving yet. They said they have stopped commenting on their progress to minimize interference in business affairs to make the transition more viable in the shortest amount of time and cost possible..

SAKplumber likes this.
  3. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

They did say they're still planning on moving, but the logistics of moving a company of that size with all their machinery and such, takes a while.

4. MKram

MKram Loaded Pockets

Still in Erie as of the last time I was by there, this Monday. The lawsuits challenging the constitutional validity of the high-capacity magazine ban (which is one of Magpul's core products) have been filed, and maybe will be resolved before the next election. A number of counties in Colorado voted to secede from the remainder of the state this Tuesday which is in some degree consonant with the recalls of the state Senate president and a second senator, earlier this year who'd pushed for the ban.

5. Synaptic Misfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

Synaptic Misfire Loaded Pockets

It takes time to move a business, they are still moving.

6. RockinRobert

RockinRobert Empty Pockets

Their headquarters is still in Boulder too. I wouldn't expect them to stop earning a living from other states that haven't banned "high-capacity" magazines just to drop everything in a mad rush to move. I do believe they were serious about it. Hope this ridiculous legislation is repealed soon.

7. jemhouston
    • +2 Supporter

jemhouston Loaded Pockets

8. 11C1P
    • In Omnia Paratus

11C1P Loaded Pockets

I won't be buying anything from them anymore. They blew all that smoke about leaving the state and didn't. Then when you couldn't find any mags around here they were GIVING them away to the people of that F'd up state that passed the laws!

9. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

This was in the local news in the middle of October:
    Magpul's continuing presence in Erie rankles customers (<--- Google article title, since external links are disallowed).

ATB,
    Sam

SAKplumber likes this.
  10. 11C1P
    • In Omnia Paratus

11C1P Loaded Pockets

The Lancer L5AWM magazine is a way better magazine anyway, I'm now glad I never got any mag-pul mags, I do have a set of forearms that I will just throw in the garbage as I wasn't real impressed with them anyway. I'll Keep the BUIS I got from them tell I get something different.

11. SunwolfNC

SunwolfNC Loaded Pockets

I still have faith in them to follow through on their promise to move their production out of state.
    I 'donate' to them almost monthly for their 30rnd product.

It seems like their announcement was delayed after the Marathon bombing in Boston. Not sure what may be newer info beyond this. Go to facepage and add this to get to the announcement typing about 'magpul/posts/588404997838520'