1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Magpul iPhone Case - Oh crap moment

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by Guerilla, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Guerilla

Guerilla Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

I had not thought much about this case just because I thought it was just a phone case that looked cool. Events over the weekend changed my mind. I was driving my Jeep Wrangler with no top and no doors and I made a turn going probably a little faster than I should have. My iPhone 7+ slid out of the cavity on the dash, across the dash and straight out the door opening. My phone literally bounced down the road (on pavement). It happened so fast that I didn't realize it at first, but the look on my son's face told the story. This is honestly a worst case scenario and a real test of this case. Surprisingly, my phone was unscratched and there were no cracks. I was amazed. We all know how expensive phones are these days and I will never use another case besides Magpul. It is cheap insurance that looks pretty cool as well.

Last edited by Guerilla, Sep 8, 2017
    #1 Guerilla, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    RogerStenning and jag-engr like this.
  2. Chris_1001

Chris_1001 Loaded Pockets

I have a Magpul on my iPhone 6. Was at a shoot, left my phone on the roof annnnnnnnd drove off, hit the main road, heard a noise, saw my phone in the rearview mirror fly 20 feet in the air... Then watched it get run over twice face down... Short of some gravel marks (pits) on the screen. It was fine.

Upgraded to the Iphone 7 and it also has a Magpul case on it.

3. Devon Scout

Devon Scout Loaded Pockets

Another Magpul user. Can't get them here in the UK so I order from USA. Had one on my iPhone 6s, son liked it so order one for him for his 5s. Recently upgraded to a 7, didn't look elsewhere ordered another. Son had my old 6s and it's now wearing another new Magpul.

Had to take the 6s in for a new battery under Apple replacement and the Apple guy looked at it and said it was "mint" especially as it was two years old.

4. JeffinCA

JeffinCA Empty Pockets

Magpul cases are awesome - I've dropped mine a bunch too with no issues. Best case I've ever used and I've been through a lot of them. Bravo Magpul!

5. onebadwagon

onebadwagon Loaded Pockets

They really are awesome. A magpul case and gorilla glass screen protector is a hell of duo.

6. Cao87

Cao87 Loaded Pockets

How do they compare to otter box
    Can they fit at pop socket

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I loved the Magpul case I once had but since then I have never been able to find another as I upgrade phones?
    So I got an Otterbox Synergy case and they have actually been just as good for me and I am not easy on them at all.

I would go back to Magpul if they were anywhere that I look?

8. Guerilla

Guerilla Loaded Pockets

Because of the pattern/ribs on it, I doubt it would take a pop socket.

9. Guerilla

Guerilla Loaded Pockets

They are on Amazon