1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

maglite solitare

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by HybridMomentsPass, May 11, 2011.

1. ezeqdb

ezeqdb Loaded Pockets

I've the ITP EOS A3 upgraded (the Maratac AAA is the same but with different knurling). And is the best choice.. by far..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AAA: ITP, Solitaire, Trustfire F23. AA: Ultrafire C3, C78. 3*AAA: Maglite XL100

2. HybridMomentsPass

ah, Im with you now, good call! good thinking!

3. renzo1320

renzo1320 Empty Pockets

chech out the fenix e01

4. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I have to say the EO1 or EO5 are both good choices, I have both but of the 2 my favorite is the EO5. The EO5 is brighter but it is more of a floodlight simple one mode of operation. Anything IMO is way better that a Solitare and at 5 dollars is way too much. I bought a cheap 2dollar Rayovac LED light at Walmart that was much better than a Solitare.

5. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

This light is free, just pay shipping (around 2-3$) and it's far better (far...far... far better...) than a solitaire. 17 hours of runtime, momentary on, nicely built. For 3$, you can't go wrong...

http://www.coastportland.com/surveyCC.php

Can't remember who on CPF said it but it describes so well the Solitaire:

'' I know matches that are brighter and have a better runtime than a solitaire...''

6. Ken_B

Ken_B Empty Pockets

Say it with me, "Streamlight. Nano. $7." ;D

Ken

7. N1XIO

N1XIO Loaded Pockets

I went to their website. There are no photos or description info for the free light. Do you have and info?

Jerry

8. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Don't forget the cost of a swivel ring to prevent the head from unscrewing itself and falling off. Doesn't matter if it's in a pocket or dangling from a belt-clip. In that way, a Solitaire is indeed better.

9. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

It's this one but I know they sometime send another model that work with coin cells.

The one they send is generally red. Note that the description says it last for 6 hours but the package was written 17 hours. I guess they mean 6 hours of regular brightness then another 11 hours of dim but usable light. I got it and honestly, it's really not a bad product.

10. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

The Coast keychain models aren't water-resistant at all. Whether it's the single AAA version or the one running on button cells. But they come with tailcap switches and you get one for free by completing the survey. Certainly better quality than a Dollar Store keychain light.

11. N1XIO

N1XIO Loaded Pockets

Thanks, I went ahead and ordered one. Let's see what I get.

Jerry

12. HybridMomentsPass

Also did the survey, spent the 3.50, waiting to see what comes in the mail in a month

13. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

Please guys, don't get me wrong ! I'm not saying that this is THE flashlight to own, I'm only saying that it's cheaper and better than a Solitaire. As stated by Monocrom, the flashlight is not waterproof but I think it can be used under a light rain.

Here's a nice little review of it : http://budgetlightforum.com/node/1169

That review states an impressing 21 hours of runtime. All that out of an AAA, quite amazing...

14. HybridMomentsPass

is the solitare waterproof?
    A very generous member shipped me a solitare, got it yesterday, I am very thankful for it

15. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

Not waterproof but keep some silicone or plumbers grease on the threads and O ring and it will be fine. Heck, try some plumbers tape if you have some.

16. HybridMomentsPass

I have tape (the ones for thread, I guess plumbers tape as you called it) - good idea! I'd have never thought of that! Thanks!

17. HybridMomentsPass

Want to revisit this thread, specifically this post - as I've stated, someone sent this to me (Thanks again Ted!), so I already have one in my possesion and currently carry it in my bag on a daily.

What would it take to get more light out of it?
    Could you put a small LED bulb in there? Would it drop right in? Cost? Where to buy?

18. oronocova

oronocova Loaded Pockets

you can find LED modules for the solitaire on ebay. Just search for solitaire led using ebay's search. They are around 11 bucks. I gave one to my sister because she liked her pink solitaire. Unless you really like yours, for the same amount of money as the light and a dropin you can get a much better 1xAAA LED light. Something like the Fenix E05 or iTP A3 are in that price range and will blow the solitaire/LED replacement out of the water.