1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Made myself a prytool/scraper/peanut butter spreader

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by Elder Futhark, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Bard

Bard Loaded Pockets

I'm not feeling so eloquent at the moment, though it was well stated. As for me, I just want one. ::shrug::

Elder Futhark likes this.
  2. Elder Futhark

Elder Futhark Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Waiting for the handle scales to arrive :)

Xiii, johnny five, Water-Rat and 7 others like this.
  3. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

I'll keep an eye on this thread. I like the designs that your coming up with. I'm looking forward to seeing the sheath design, too.

4. Elder Futhark

Here are a few more updated photos with the scales on :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Xiii, johnny five, Water-Rat and 7 others like this.
  5. Bard

Bard Loaded Pockets

Very nice.

Elder Futhark likes this.
  6. Elder Futhark

The left is a key dangler and the right is a strap buckle similar in function to this

I call them Archer, as theyre based off of an arrowhead. These were waterjet from D2 tool steel. I'll be grinding fake scallops and rounding the rough edges this weekend. I'll post the finished product :)

[​IMG]

7. Elder Futhark

Mickey and Mini versions:
    [​IMG]

Xiii, johnny five, Water-Rat and 5 others like this.
  8. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

You make some very nice things sir! Very cool!

MOAR PICS PLEASE!!!!!;)

ManVsLawn and Elder Futhark like this.
  9. Elder Futhark

Some progress. I'll be doing more faceting on the weekend :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

Just a quick note, you make some nice things, but this thread looks very much like a "here's what I'm making, send me a PM if you like it" thread, especially since you are now making multiples of your items. This behaviour looks an awful lot like marketing, which is prohibited unless you have an agreement with the forum owner. There is a possibility I have misread this, but I don't know if that is the case.

If you are going to post something you made for your personal use and want to share with everyone, then do so by all means. If not, then this thread and any other posts may be removed at the staff's discretion.

If you have any questions, please ask them in the existing conversation already started with you by EDCF staff.
    Thank you.

11. Elder Futhark

Thank you for the compliments cowsmilk :)

The reason I have made multiples is they are for practicing and learning. With each iteration. I learn more and get better. I still have everything that you've seen posted here. I've even went back to old ones to try and make them better. Half my work has been failures or I made big mistakes. I've only started this knife making endeavour since February. And I work on them when I can catch some free time away from family and a full time job.

I have made a few for friends and family. But they have been gifted, not sold. And those ones I have given are my early practice ones which are not the best. None of the knives I have made are in the hands of people I do not know personally. All the knives I have made I will not sell until I am satisfied with the quality. And once I am, I will chat with John about selling through the forum store or Marketplace.

I understand where john is coming from and he has explained how the site is run. That the need for makers to help the site so the site can help them :)

If the forum admin and john wish to remove my posts or remove my account, so be it. No hard feelings. I can accept that.

But please let me know if I can post my progression with my knife work. People really respond when they can see the history and development of things. That care and attention to detail is being done in a craft. Sometimes you get side tracked or make mistakes and others in a community like this can help.

I will not respond to future requests in the thread or through PMs until I can sell through the site with the forum store or marketplace.

Cheers,
    Ray :)

johnny five and thePlumbah like this.
  12. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

Thanks for your understanding, Ray.

Hopefully folks will help us out by only making comments on how cool your personal creations look. Looking forward to seeing more.

What was the last item you made created for? I'm having trouble figuring that out.
    (Nevermind, I figured it out from a previous post.)

13. GiraffeHooves

GiraffeHooves EDC Junkie!!!!!

Amazing! Absolutely love your designs. Great job.

Elder Futhark and vegassprky like this.
  14. Elder Futhark

@girrafehooves Thanks bud! I am slowly making some progress and have a few other projects :)

vegassprky and GiraffeHooves like this.
  15. johnny five

johnny five Loaded Pockets

I think I'm in love. .. With your knives that is

GiraffeHooves likes this.
  16. GiraffeHooves

I can't wait to see what new things you come out with! I showed my husband your knives and he drooled over them.

johnny five likes this.
  17. Elder Futhark

Thanks sista!

Here are a few shots of my other projects. Haven't updated this thread in awhile looks like ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Woah! Didn't realize I've done quite a bit! I mostly post on IG when I work on something new :)

Again these are not for sale! Yet... Still playing, practicing and trying things out. My lunch hours are spent sketching and modeling and then when I have a free moment I am in the garage. I just snagged a new bench sander! Love it! It makes grinding edges so much easier!

Xiii, Doraemon, johnny five and 2 others like this.
  18. GiraffeHooves

Ohhhh wow!! Very nice knives. Thank you for sharing your style and creations. Do you get inspired from seeing other knife creations or are they off the top of your head?

johnny five and Elder Futhark like this.
  19. johnny five

johnny five Loaded Pockets

I personally and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say this would love to spend money on your designs in the edc store. Might be a good add to the store. Very cool futhark very very cool

20. Elder Futhark

GiraffeHooves its a bit of both :) a lot of it though is out of my personal wants and needs. I need a multitool for tasks I generally do or a specific type of knife that I train with. Or I see something I like and improve on it for my own needs. I'm a graphic designer by trade so that's why I always "brand" my own work for myself.

Thanks johnny five for the compliments!

johnny five and GiraffeHooves like this.