1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Made in America!

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by SAKplumber, Dec 28, 2011.

1. BDJeep

BDJeep Empty Pockets

Goruck GR2. Yes it is expensive but very well made. it serves we well as a daily bag and for traveling. Check out the goruck blog, the founder highlights USA manufacturers as he travels around the country.

2. Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman Loaded Pockets

My Leatherman tools, Benchamde knives, Buck knives, Maglites, Streamlights, and Maratac lights are all made in the USA. My Double H work boots are made in the USA, most of my other clothes probably are not tho.

3. bladeblabber

bladeblabber Loaded Pockets

streamlights are made in china... at least all of mine are haha

4. Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman Loaded Pockets

Guess I based it off their address on their website....in Pennsylvania. Darnit!

5. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

If this thread takes some turns that often happens in them getting help usually does not help much.

What happens is someone will say something in this thread that gets several people from the UK upset, then someone from the USA will say something to agravate it. Then something will happen and then all of Europe gets insulted, then some in the USA feel slighted. The inbox starts getting filled up with complaints, then someone one wants someone banned, next thing you know several people want others banned, then the I am leaving the forum messages start. I then spend the next two days talking to a bunch of people individually trying to smooth all the ruffled feathers. People want to being it straight to me when it starts getting ugly. I am not saying it will happen but I was trying to head it off so it doesn't. I am worried about the USA, but I am also worried about other places as well. It is natural for people to think of things from their own countries perspective but it can become easy to not be considerate of others. The people in the various countries on the forum can have strong feeling about thier own countries too. Many of the problems today are not rooted in trade but merchantilism. Most people are fine, it just takes one person to get a little ugly and push a bit. We are a large number of sub groups with a lot of over laps, over the years I have seen little flashpoints that lead to the I am leaving the forum messages.

6. JasonAre

JasonAre Banned

I can tell you one thing, my USA made knives can take the most abuse.

7. aedmband21

aedmband21 Loaded Pockets

I sometimes wonder.... Do people in other countries view US made products as high quality? Not trying to start the better than debate... But just curious. I'll buy US as much as I can but I've never really seen the other perspective. Again another positive of this forum

8. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

It's like saying what country has the best air. To general and obviously subjective..

9. ATF

ATF Loaded Pockets

I specifically look for USA made stuff all the time. I love stuff made in my own country! Here are my USA EDC goods:
    - HDS Clicky + extra CR123
    - Several Fisher Space Pens
    - Rainbow of CA wallet
    - Case Trappers, Texas Jack, and Stockman
    - BM Mini Grip and 940
    - Kershaw OD1 and Centofante
    - Buck 112
    - Paracord bracelets
    - Leatherman Wave

Of course I don't carry all this at once, but it's what goes in and out of my pockets throughout the week.

10. CheepSteal

CheepSteal Loaded Pockets

I'm Aussie, but I freakin' love my Nalgene 32 oz bottle that I've been using every single day for the past year. Really appreciate the quality of it; doesn't break, doesn't leak, doesn't affect water taste. It's part of my backpack EDC along with my Surefires (whichever model suits my mood) and my Leatherman Squirt PS4 (not all I carry, just the US made items).

11. able_man
    • In Omnia Paratus

able_man Loaded Pockets

I agree. I like buying US, but I also have great knives from Sweden, Japan, Germany, France, Taiwan, and even (gasp) China. The quality varies in the product itself and is not solely based on where it's made.

12. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

Chapman Tool's are Made In USA so are TT pocketTool's I carry both a lot.

13. D50boy

D50boy Loaded Pockets

Benchmade knife
    Saddleback Leather wallet sleeve
    SOG Crossgrip (older model)
    Sharpie Marker
    Surefire 123 batteries
    Fox Labs 5.3 pepper spray
    Remora Holster or a Crossbreed Holster for:
    Kahr pistol
    Crimson Trace Laser

14. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Sorry if I caused you to get a bunch of angry mail, Jon.

In the interest of being clear, I'd just like to say that I'm not putting the US made products above any other countries. Lord knows we can find stuff that we make that is crap. Personally, I like great stuff, as I'm sure we all do. Top o' the line. We all hate having to (do) buy things twice. Get a good one the first time. I drive a Toyota, cause they last. I but Uniden CB radios, & scanners because of their quality(made in Malaysia, I think). I don't oppose any other countries stuff. I just wanted, sarcastically, to know if anything good was still made here.

I just got my Hazard4 Plan B, opened it up, and there it was ...a "made in China" tag. I didn't expect that. Got me 4Sevens light and the package said "some parts made in china, (?)Malaysia(I think), and assembled in the US. So, evem when its "made in the US" its not all made with US parts. Heck, even Ford's use parts made somewhere else.

I get it. And I'll get more of it, from all everywhere, I'm sure.

Sorry to have opened up a can of worms for ya' Jon. Thanks for the forum, though.

15. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

I think you asked an honest question. You did not ask for comparisons or criticisms, just what items we had that were made in the US. I, like everyone else have items from all over the world. Can't help it, it's just the way it is. I buy the best I can afford at the time and US made if it meets my needs or is available. That's all.

16. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

There was nothing wrong with the question and it didn't open the can of worms yet. I have learned in the past that sometimes in threads like this a couple of people is all it takes to spiral into nation bashing, I have also learned form experience that if I make a little post before it happens sometimes it doesn't happen.

17. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

"Until these things stopa hapening, this thing does not hapen!" or something like that. Without the accent I doubt if anyone will get the quote lol

18. Six String

Six String Loaded Pockets

I meant, have you thought of hiring someone to help you run your business, ie, employee(s). You seem to constantly be on the edge of being overwhelmed. I guess it's a dumb question. I imagine if you could, you would.

19. ww2fanatic

ww2fanatic Loaded Pockets

I have surefire, nalgene and spec ops gear. Spec ops is a great American company.

20. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!