1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

M65 Jackets

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by DimGR, Nov 3, 2010.

1. DimGR

DimGR Loaded Pockets

Helo
    i am looking to get one field M65 jacket. I see cheap ones and expensive ones from Alpha
    what am i missing? anyone has one..?
    thanks

2. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

Since "expensive" is $116 bucks I would go with expensive. I would beg, borrow, and stop just short of stealing to get the extra $50 or so to get quality.

3. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

4. DimGR

DimGR Loaded Pockets

the one from Alpha that i like and found online costs 265 USD

too much or this is how much they cost?

I am in the EU and although i found cheaper prices from the US , the postage is way too much

5. themadplumbarian

I would say that $265 is a little expensive, but that would also depend on the price of shipping too, i was looking to get a Alpha, but decided not to, and i found them for around $80, then about $30 for the liner. even together, you should be able to get one for under $150 heres a link for a Alpha, for $90, and under it is a liner for $40, and its free shipping,, http://www.outinstyle.com/p-Alpha/ALP-J240002.html JR

6. straightpuke

straightpuke Loaded Pockets

You could try to find it in an army surplus store for cheaper...I bought a brand new Alpha bomber jacket at an army surplus store for $80 instead of +$100 online.

7. DimGR

DimGR Loaded Pockets

so i bought one from Alpha today! all black colour. I hit my army surplus stores and they were full of Alphas. I want this for every day wear . It seems heavy and warm without the liner which it was out of stock and i did not get it .

I am no stranger to the M65 style jackets. Replica M65 parka jackets are issued to our army here and i was issued one too 6 years ago. I tried it with my issued liner and it is VERY warm . Not sure if i will wear the liner all the time. I belive i will not

anyways the jacket is EXCELLENT
    costed me 120 EUR

8. Finnigan

Finnigan Loaded Pockets

With the cold weather comming on I was just thinking about how much I missed my Alpha field jacket. I'd love to get another. I don't remember how much I paid, but since I was working outdoors I did spring for both the lighter and heavier liner. I wore the coat all year (except summer of course.) It took a long time for me to call it dead. I think the most wear was around the cuffs.

9. RvdH

RvdH Empty Pockets

I have 2 Alpha jackets, a bomber and a parka, top notch stuff! IMHO worth the extra $$$ they cost.

10. NeonLights

NeonLights Loaded Pockets

I've had an all-black Alpha M65 coat for at least 6 or 8 years. I wear it to work daily from around November through March every year. It has held up very well, I do have the liner for it, but don't need to use it very often. IIRC I paid around $60 for the coat back then.

11. vivek16

vivek16 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the thread guys! I do believe I'll be getting myself an m65 as soon as possible. It'll be perfect for Minnesotan winters. Will I be able to wear the m65 without a liner and just over a t-shirt without it being baggy? I have a medium build and am 190 pounds at 5'11" and am planning on getting a large m65.

thanks, Vivek

12. DimGR

DimGR Loaded Pockets

the sleeves are buggy.
    you can layer under the M65 but the sleeves will still be a little buggy

i do have the liner and does a good job providing warmth

just get a geuine one

13. DimGR

DimGR Loaded Pockets

i think we should start a post your M65 jacket thread lol

even facebook has a group for this jacket

14. Castillo

Castillo Loaded Pockets

I've got an Alpha M65. It's a great jacket, very well put together and looks and feels like it will last years. Would have no hesitation recommending one.

15. themadplumbarian

I got mine and now that it is down in temp, it has came in very good, but im going to get another liner, but im going to cut the sleeves off, and make it a vest. this way i will have a 6 in 1 jacket, jacket, jacket vest, jacket vest liner, liner, vest, liner vest.. and that would make it the only jacket i would need all year.. JR

16. tsacain

tsacain Loaded Pockets

I have seen a few at thrift stores in my area for $25 tops. I wear an XL though so I do not get them. Mostly they are s-l and have the liners too.

17. themadplumbarian

Same here, XL, and lucky to find a large

18. rockape

rockape Loaded Pockets

I have 3 m65 field jackets. My early 70s USMC issued (only uniform piece I have left, been with me for 38 years), one in tiger stripe that I use for deer hunting, and one in dark navy blue that I wear to work nowadays. With the button in liner, its one of the most versatile article of clothing ever.

19. faux

faux Empty Pockets

I picked up a no-name M65 recently - I'd read a lot of posts elsewhere that indicated M65's generally come 1-2 sizes too large, so I got a medium instead of my normal large - it just fits nicely with a hoodie underneath but with the liner it's too tight.

Quality is fine, it's a simple practical jacket - but next time I think I'll go for the Alpha Industries version.

20. DimGR

DimGR Loaded Pockets

Alpha's own :)