1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

M&P Shield 9MM Carry Options

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Carcass, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Carcass

Carcass Loaded Pockets

Hello everyone,

I'm about to get my carry permit and am looking for good carry options for my M&P Shield 9mm. I'd prefer an IWB but all options are on the table. Please give me your opinion & options. Thanks!

2. trfkcop

trfkcop Loaded Pockets

Galco stow-n-go

3. gazz98

gazz98 Loaded Pockets

I've been happy with my Alien Gear Cloak tuck that I bought about 1.5 years ago for my M&P 9c. The 3.0 is out now. They offer a combo deal on 2 holsters on their website. You could go for an IWB and an OTW if you wanted.

tacos3 likes this.
  4. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

Clinger Holster: Stingray Flush Fit is what I got for my Shield. It works well IWB at 4 o'clock and AIWB.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  5. kye4some

kye4some Loaded Pockets

I have a couple IWB the two I like the most are Crossbreed super tuck [​IMG] but at around $90+ it's expensive
    and for hot summer days the Concealment Express IWB KYDEX Holster is nice and it's $34 shipped.[​IMG]

6. McNasty

McNasty Loaded Pockets

X2

7. Carcass

Carcass Loaded Pockets

I'd like to find a good, small non-tactical backpack that's conceal carry friendly as well. Any recommendations?

8. nosuchagency

nosuchagency Loaded Pockets

+2 on crossbreed without a doubt... have a few cbst and a mini tuck.

9. c99camper

c99camper Loaded Pockets

Dark Star Gear extended length AIWB. Had it for several years now and still like it better than anything else I've tried.

Smart carry for times I need to tuck or won't have a belt on.

10. BubbaFett
    • The Omnia Paratus

BubbaFett Loaded Pockets

Not carrying my Shield anymore, fine gun but I switched to a Glock 26. When I was carrying it, my favorite way by far was an appendix holster from PJ Holster with the velcro clips. I think he was using the thinner kydex at that time. Worked PERFECT for my needs--super concealable, easy on/off.

I'll speak to his guarantee as well because I tried another for my G26 recently and it did not work out, upon reflection I think it was because he has since switched to a thicker kydex (but I think he'll use the thinner if you request it). He refunded me without a problem, has me wondering now whether I want to go appendix anymore though. I am comfortable in most situations going OWB now.

Back to the point, the other holster you see is a Crossbreed style by White Hat Holsters here in the great state of Texas. I prefer them over Crossbreed because you can swap out the kydex pieces for different guns with the same backer. You see the Glock piece in the pic, but I have the Shield shell too. Both work well.

Also have a Desantis Speed Scabbard (not pictured) that is super comfortable but not that concealable--it's a single-loop leather OWB. Fairly economical.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. mrtwohands

mrtwohands Loaded Pockets

I carry OWB in a Desantis leather holster. My shirt covers it very nicely. Most never know it's there and I do not wear super baggy clothes

12. tacos3

tacos3 Loaded Pockets

+1 for Alien Gear Cloak Tuck. I prefer the AG over crossbreed as the retention on the AG is adjustable. It's not on the Crossbreed.

13. TALON52

TALON52 Loaded Pockets

I made my own taco style holster.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

Depending on my mood:

Alien Gear 3.0 - Excellent retention and comfort. Love being able to adjust it.

Clinger Stingray - Love having the single clip when I'm just running out to the store. Easy on and off. Great retention and plenty comfortable.

15. mrtwohands

mrtwohands Loaded Pockets

16. MYZ061080

MYZ061080 Loaded Pockets

I like the White Hat Holster as well, they definitely stand behind their products.
    I also really FOXX holster company.
    The holster that purchased from them was hybrid holster( made like the crossbreed) however the have different options, one in particular is the comfort pad. The does what it implies and it's well worth the added cost.
    Good luck with your search

17. Carcass

Carcass Loaded Pockets

I went ahead and ordered the Concealment Express Kydex IWB holster. The reviews were excellent & the price was right. $34 shipped from Walmart online. Let's hope it's the real deal. I will keep everyone posted and review it as well. Thanks