1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Luxmark Candeo Pro-Tactical

Discussion in 'Watches' started by dowtech, Mar 3, 2017.

1. dowtech

dowtech Loaded Pockets

Anyone have any experience with these watches that just popped up on Facebook?

2. jcombs

jcombs Loaded Pockets

They look nice and the Titanium case coupled with the 500m water resistance should prove to be a tough tool watch. It does have a Kinetic movement, Google it for a more detailed explanation, which is a Quartz battery powered by the movement of your arm. Kind of a hybrid (mechanical/Quartz) if you will.

Seiko owns Epson, who makes this movement, and a similar movement is available in many Seiko watches. Again, Google Seiko Kinetic watches and you will find many examples. It's a well regarded movement platform preferred and loved by many.

The negatives of this watch, in my mind anyway, are the size, the price and the movement. 42mm is about as big as I will wear and unless you are a big guy or have a big wrist, the 45mm size, though not monstrous, may wear larger than you like, YMMV. I think you will find several very high quality Seiko watches with a similar movement and specs (maybe not Titanium though) for about $200.

The Kinetic movement will not work for me. I have several watches and although I wear them all it may be several weeks before they all get wrist time. This movement requires very regular wearing to keep it charged, some say once a week minimum, and it can be very needy in that sense.

But if you are a one or two watch kinda guy the movement is very reliable, will never need a battery replaced and will also be very accurate. Like I said, the watch won't work for me but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be perfect for you. I would compare it in price and specs to the Seiko Kinetics and maybe even some of the Citizen Eco Drives before I pulled the trigger. You may find something you like just as well, from a well respected brand with tons of history for about half the price. There are several manufacturers that offer a Kinetic watch as Seiko/Epson obviously sell this movement on the open market, google is your friend here.

Of course, all of this is just my semi-educated, non-expert opinion, hopefully others will chime in. Good luck in your search.

dowtech likes this.
  3. dowtech

dowtech Loaded Pockets

Thanks for your thoughtful reply! I'm interested in it for full time wear, I like big watches, I love Ti construction ... and never in my SCUBA years came anywhere close to 500m! Would I buy one? Don't know, but I was intrigued when it appeared out of the (deep?) blue.

jcombs likes this.
  4. jcombs

jcombs Loaded Pockets

Sound like it might be perfect then, Probably never see another in the wild and you can't say that about the Seikos. Give it a go.

dowtech likes this.