1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Luminox RECON Point Man Review!

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by Deebo, May 16, 2016.

1. Deebo

Deebo Loaded Pockets

So I've been gone for some time. Got caught up with photography, traveling, and other work but I'm back for the time being.

Here's a review of the Luminox Recon Point Man that I've been wearing for a bit over the last year now.

It has a 45mm case, tritium gas tubes for constant illumination of the markers including one on the rotating bezel, antireflective sapphire crystal, claims water resistance up to 200m, and comes with a rubber strap.

[​IMG]

I think, as far as these sorts of watches go, it's an attractive one. Over the time I've owned it I've worn it several times a week, sometimes every single day. I think it works well as both an outdoors watch and as a sports watch with a blazer and button down. It's proven to be incredibly comfortable and sets well on my wrist despite my having little baby man sized hands and wrists which brings me to my next image...

[​IMG]

Now in this particular image it looks even larger on my wrist than it normally does because of the angle I had to position my arm and hand in order to remove the reflection from the lamp behind me on the sapphire crystal. The face is typically very legible at a glance both when it's clear and sunny outside and in the dimly lit night clubs and music venues I photograph in with only the club lighting intermittently flashing around.

[​IMG]

It has a buckle that I haven't seen on too many other watches that has double prongs...? I don't know what else to call them but there's two instead of one that you see on most watches. It also has two rubber loops for the strap to go through. One of the loops has two little rubber nubs on either side of the band to stop it from moving too far up. The other loop can free move all the way up to the case so even someone with minute wrists like myself can keep from a bunch of extra strap from flapping around.

[​IMG]

Here's the back of the case. Nothing terribly noteworthy here. Just some standard information listed like the brand, model, water resistance, etc. The mark at the top of the back of the case isn't a scratch, I'm just lazy and didn't properly clean the watch for these photos like I probably should've. :rolleyes:

I got a great deal on this watch. I bought it from an authorized dealer jewelry store a couple towns over that I wandered in to because I wanted to see what watches they carried and Luminox happened to be on 30% on sale. In addition to that the guy that was working seemed interested enough in making a sale that when I hesitated on pulling the trigger on the watch he threw on another 10% or something off. I ended up walking out with the watch for about $230 if I remember correctly.

This watch has been with me backpacking, hiking, to the beach, in night clubs, music venues, offices, the whole range and it's held up incredibly well with just some marks on the band to show for it. It's kept time fairly accurately with some occasional adjustment and it's certainly never been the reason I've been late to something. All in all I'd highly recommend this watch to just about anyone so long as they didn't mind a watch with a larger case diameter especially if you can find it from an authorized dealer at a nice discount! :frantic:

If you guys have any questions that I didn't address or the pictures didn't cover let me know and I'll do my best to answer them!

Last edited by Deebo, May 16, 2016
    Kev2488 and Nick4305 like this.
  2. Cuester

Cuester Loaded Pockets

Hmm I was just debating picking up a luminox recon series watch and up pops this review. Very timely. How does it look at night? The ability to read it very clearly at night/low light is going to be pretty critical for me.

3. Deebo

Deebo Loaded Pockets

I personally have no problems making out the time when it's dark out but I'll take a photo in the dark for you today so you can get an idea of roughly how it'll look.