1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Luminox 3051?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Atlas, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Atlas

Atlas Loaded Pockets

im in the market for a new watch. I don't really know too much about watches though. The only one i have right now is a Casio G-Shock Awg-100, which works fine. I'd like something a bit more "dressier" and simple. I'm looking at the Luminox 3051 Blackout for that role. How are luminox watches in general? any other recomendations in the 200 dollar zone?

2. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

there is a lot of love for Luminox on this forum.. my brother has one and is crazy over it..
    fair price and great quality,, state of the art in many ways and they as light as a feather..put it on and you my forget you are wearing it..and the lume is unreal too..

3. MedicX

MedicX Loaded Pockets

I have the 3051 Blackout and love it. But, you shouldn't get it... Because I have have it. Lol. Seriously though, this is a great watch and don't regret the purchase.

4. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

I've got an 8817 and if it's any use, I love it, for all the reasons above.

5. Atlas

Atlas Loaded Pockets

after watching a few reviews, it's been mentioned more than once that the face is actually too dark. Have you had that type of problem?

the other watch i'm now considering is the Seiko Skx173, thats a bit more dressier than the luminox and the relatively the same price point.

6. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

For the same money, I think you get more out of the Seiko; automatic movement, steel case as opposed to plastic/resin, good lume (though not trit, so it does need charging), & it looks dressiers (may have to upgrade the strap). I've also heard that Luminox does have some water resistence issues although I haven't had any problems with mine.

7. inmypocket

inmypocket Empty Pockets

I have both a seiko and a luminox. They are both great..
    Scott

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

8. Atlas

Atlas Loaded Pockets

how does the automatic movement hold up over time? this is going to be a watch that isnt worn as much as my G-shock, so im expecting at least a decade of use.

9. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

atlas,, automatic and manuel watch movements are known to be the longest lasting of all watches.. and they do require some maintence to insure best and long lasting life.. and if and when they do fail,, most of the time they can be repaired..

quartz movements do stand the test of time but when they stop working,,many times it means time for a new watch..

10. Lemmez

Lemmez Loaded Pockets

Here's some pictures that may or may not help you decide.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. borisg23

borisg23 Loaded Pockets

I really like the Blackouts, especially the chrono.

12. AirMech74

AirMech74 Loaded Pockets

I'm planning on adding a Luminox to my collection, just can't decide which one I want...I like the looks of the Blackouts, but would like to see the lume on it....anybody?

13. MedicX

MedicX Loaded Pockets

First off, sorry Atlas for not getting back to you about your question when you asked if the face is too dark. No, I dont feel that it is hard to see. I was actually admiring the glow last night while on a 24. To be honest, I can't really recall having an issue with seeing the time.

AirMech74- The tritium vials are easy to make out when needed. Until then, the vials appear to be white markers. Very easy to read. I don't regret getting it. Love it.

14. DrChimRichalds
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

DrChimRichalds Loaded Pockets

I love my 3051. Absolutely love it. The glow is fantastic and it only appreciates when your night vision sets in. Sometimes I have to take it off while I sleep because it will light up the wall!