1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Lume

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Nilloc, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Nilloc

Nilloc Loaded Pockets

Some folks make a big deal out of it, others couldn’t care less. Whatever side of the fence you’re on, you have to admit that Citizen’s lume is some of the best in the industry.

I took the dogs for a 10 minute walk this morning and came back inside to sit in my chair and organize my day....this is my Citizen in a pretty well lit room. The lume is amazing.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

My Eco Diver is the only watch besides Indiglo Timex I can read in the middle of the night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

3. PragmaticMurphyist

PragmaticMurphyist Loaded Pockets

Seiko analogue automatic divers. A little daylight on the dial (or a rev up from an LED flashlight) and you can pretty much read by them!

#3 PragmaticMurphyist, Aug 7, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    Moshe ben David and Nilloc like this.
  4. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

The two I have are "5" models and do not like all night.

5. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

Lume all night

6. PragmaticMurphyist

PragmaticMurphyist Loaded Pockets

No problem with Orange & Black Monsters, a Pepsi and a Tux, though I have a military quartz chrono which doesn't do as well as the autos.

7. karlito
    • +1 Supporter

karlito Loaded Pockets

Gotta love Citizen's blue lume, although not as bright as green lume (ie Superluminova), it has a more pleasant color. I still really enjoy the Indiglo in my 90's Timex Ironman (still going strong).

PragmaticMurphyist likes this.
  8. Kev2488

Kev2488 Loaded Pockets

My gen 1 orange monster has the best lume ever, it will last all night. My other Seiko people have dubbed the Mohawk isn't quite as bright for as long but still readable through the night. They both light up like a Christmas tree when I pass a window and sun shines through.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PragmaticMurphyist likes this.
  9. Elmiro Dungfoot

Elmiro Dungfoot Loaded Pockets

Some watches have great lume, and others don't. It's not even consistent among watches of the same branding. Which is why, I opt for tritium dials when available, and affordable.

Kev2488 likes this.
  10. Kev2488

Kev2488 Loaded Pockets

I've never had a tritium watch before I barely have analog watches most are digital timexs or gshocks. Once my financial situation turns I'll get one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Elmiro Dungfoot likes this.
  11. karlito
    • +1 Supporter

karlito Loaded Pockets

If going trit, don't even bother with T25 tubes (like those on Luminox for example). Go with T100s, flat tubes if possible.

Elmiro Dungfoot likes this.
  12. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

I'm a lumaholic, no doubt.
    It's quite annoying how hard it can be to find a watch you like, that is also lumalicious. Especially if you look at non-divers.
    Generally, it seems to be the microbrands that care most about lume, but some of the Seikos and Citizens are absolutely up there.
    My Seiko Monsters are among my best with regards to lume, the orange seem to be slightly better than the black, but that's probably just production tolerances. Best lume award, in my collection goes to the Borealis with C3 X1. It's crazy good.
    Regarding tritium, I just have one, so not a lot to compare with. It has mb-microtech tritium vials, witch is supposed to be the best quality vials, and it truly is good. I can see the vials glowing long before it gets to dim to read the printed markers. It is rated as T-25 though, but my understanding was that the T-rating is a radiation classification system, and relates to the total amount of tritium gas for the complete watch, and not for each individual vial, eg, more or larger vials equals higher T-rating. And I don't think there is any ratings between T-25 and T-100, so a watch that is technically a T-26 would get a T-100 rating. This is just my understanding of tritium rating from reading random stuff on the interwebs. I have no trusted source to reference.

[​IMG]
    T-25 rated watch with mb-Microtech vials

[​IMG]
    Borealis Cascais, C3 X1 (just a picture I found on my phone, I have no idea how it was charged, so it doesn't really serve any meaningful purpose other than photos are more interesting than text)

13. stockae92

stockae92 Loaded Pockets

Good lume definitely adds enjoyment to the watch. I love the Sinn EZM 1.1. Its basically the only chronograph that you can run the chronograph hands easily in the dark. :)

[​IMG]