1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Love the Embassy Pen... now the big question.

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Zatx, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Buffalohump

Buffalohump Loaded Pockets

I was tempted by the titanium one but honestly the aluminium one, for the dough, is pretty hard to beat. I really dig this pen. The only mod I did to it was to widen the clip opening a bit so that it would seat more easily in thick material. Now its perfect!

2. Bigdaddyrooster
    • In Omnia Paratus

Bigdaddyrooster Loaded Pockets

My pen broke and county comm replaced quick, they are a great company and love my pen..

3. Zatx

Zatx Loaded Pockets

When you say it "broke" what do you mean? Which model was it and what was the damage?

I've owned the Aluminum one, and now on the Titanium one. I think I could run over the Ti one with a tank and it would be just fine.

Buffalo- How did you mod the clip?

4. Mcameron

Mcameron Loaded Pockets

yup, thats what i did with mine......pretty simple........just take it apart...wrap it up...and toss it in.

the only thing you need to do is make sure the fire is hot enough......a simple "boy scout" fire wont do.....youll need a good sized bonfire and a nice bed of REALLY hot coals.

if you happen to have a large fire at your disposal.....ide take advantage of it....the results are stunning.

http://edcforums.com/showthread.php/82667-FYI-CountyComm-Embassy-Pen-%28Rev.-2%29-Available...?p=1022955#post1022955

5. Zatx

Zatx Loaded Pockets

Just to give an update.

I received my Ti Pen but didn't heat treat it. I also got a Ti Preon 2 and Ti Sebenza Insingo thanks to TheTomas showing a picture of his Sebenza Ti Pen in another thread. Man the wallet took a hit on that one. Over $500 worth of Ti riding in my pocket. Sheess the wife would kill me if she knew!

[​IMG]

Can't wait to take some better pictures.

6. mhphoto

mhphoto Loaded Pockets

Curious about this too. How did it break?

7. Bigdaddyrooster
    • In Omnia Paratus

Bigdaddyrooster Loaded Pockets

The tip got stuck in the cap,

8. TheTomas

TheTomas Loaded Pockets

*EDC fistbump* nice set there. I carry the pen and light clipped inside my left jean pocket, and the sebenza clipped in my right. It makes a fine base to an edc collection. If I could find a titanium zippo for a price that wasn't ridiculous, I'd be all set.

Are you going to have the pen sandblasted? In addition to the look, it gives the pen a nice, slightly more grippy feel. I recommend it.

Congratulations on your stuff.

9. Zatx

Zatx Loaded Pockets

I was going to have it sandblasted to match the Sebenza. Then when I got my Sebenza I found that I absolutely hated the grippy feel. I spent a couple days rubbing the Sebenza against a pair of jeans and smoothed out the finish to an acceptable level. If I had my wish, and could find someone to do it, I would have the entire Sebenza (except for the blade) polished.

10. TheTomas

TheTomas Loaded Pockets

I tried not to overstate the grippyness, but it seems I have. A brand new seb and a freshly blasted pen are both too grippy for me as well, but the important thing is that they will wear into a very pleasent "smooth" but not "slick" finish. However, this will only happen if they start from the same place. My seb was used, so its a bit ahead off my pen, but at this point they are both great and getting better. I still recommend it, but if you'd rattyher the polish, I'm sure you could the the knife to look just as shiny, just don't polish the inside, lest you mess up Chris' tight tolerances.

What ever you decide, good luck.