1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Lost my first item to the MAN

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by gatorbait1872, Jul 10, 2017.

1. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

Oh dang.

Being meticulously careful, I would have lost the poor guys ID. I have the worst luck lol.

2. Ghostwalker54

Ghostwalker54 Loaded Pockets

I always have a harder time getting in and out of my own country than any other. Even China, Cambodia and Vietnam hardly scrutinized me.

Sent from my government monitored "because they're really bored" iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jstert and garza like this.
  3. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

For some reason, my surgically repaired knee from around 1981 only attracts scrutiny from the TSA. The last time the TSA agent grabbed my knee while talking away from me with a low voice in a noisy environment almost caused me to fall backwards. I have never been selected for a pat down in Canada or any EU country.

jstert likes this.
  4. gatorbait1872

gatorbait1872 Loaded Pockets

This thread went all over the place. I didn't carry a pocket knife or firearm inside the park. I carried a Micra to help facilitate changing my daughters surgical bandages if they got wet by chance. I tend to not go places with such archaic rules, but as most of us do, I sometimes make consessions for my kids. I carried my 5.11 cvrt18 backpack the whole week, 3 days at universal and 3 days at Disney. And it was gone through half heartedly at both places all days. I think the long lines depreciated their intensity. Universal sent bags through an X-ray scanner whereas Disney went through them by hand. Both parks require all guests to walk through metal detectors. Some rides at universal also had additional walk through metal detectors. On a humorous side note not one time at either park did anyone open the CCW compartment on the pack. The zippers are there in plain sight but the offficers never noticed them, I could've carried anything into Disney in that compartment proving the best intentions at security are still fallable. Anyway, home now so feet can heal and I can carry again.

5. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

TSA has failed to notice my derma safe blade which should not be allowed. It is a cheap disposable blade I have carried at various times on my keychain.

Safety scissors under 4" are you best option for security inspection. This item is TSA approved.

6. TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY Loaded Pockets

We go to Downtown Disney regularly and have season tickets for the last decade, I refuse to call it Disney Springs. Anyways I have seen those dogs I guess I have been lucky so far even one passing right by while being carrying canceled. But now that I know this I will try and avoid this. As for the parks I have been testing there medal detectors constantly out of spite making it a point to carry some kind of small blade. So far I have found if you carry a certain size they never go off.

7. Ghostwalker54

I had a CRK 25 and a small cross draw fixed blade. This is an EDC for me along with my 1911. They were quite cordial and very friendly. Never asked to see the weapon or if I had any other type instrument that could be deemed as such on me. Had I been a real bad guy (with the many years of training that I have) the dog as well as the young officer would have been down and I would have been gone (car was near the top of the stairs with few people around at the time).

What probably made mine easy to spot is the fact that I had been shooting a couple days before, and while having cleaned the pistol, it automatically goes back in the holster outside the gun range. I suspect the dog actually picked up on residue left on the holster.

Admittedly I don't go to Disney or Universal....anything! I spend my life in the medical field in what I call organized chaos. The last place I want to be is at one of our tourist traps here in Central Florida. Had it not been for friends I would have gone another 10 years without stepping onto Disney property and been quite happy.

Sent from my government monitored "because they're really bored" iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TRUE LIBERTY and xrayit like this.
  8. Holliday

Holliday Loaded Pockets

The cop made you, and then everything checked out. Nothing wrong with that. That person did their job...and don't think for a second that your mug/plates weren't already recorded. As far as getting away, the odds of you leaving that garbage (after an ambush) would have been slim to none.

Superdave1 and AnthonySC like this.
  9. Ghostwalker54

Wouldn't have mattered in the short term for the officer and the dog. The officer admitted later while we were talking that the dog "made" me. And you are quite correct. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. The young officer, on the other hand, had both hands wrapped in the hand hold portion of the leash. Knowing a little about what I speak of, his gun hand should have been free. At 6'4" in bare feet and 200 lbs I'm no slouch. And while I was obviously no threat it could have been the opposite. I was inside Disney property for two hours. And there are many places inside the complex that aren't under camera scrutiny 100% of the time. Take a look the next time you're there. It didn't ruffle this old man's feathers that the officer stopped me at all. He and the dog were both in training and he was very polite as were the other two officers and the manager. I even offered to go inside if they would like to check out the serial number. They declined and said it wasn't necessary. Interestingly enough the manager asked what I was carrying and I told him. Outside the park he carries a Glock 19.

As for my mug shot I can assure you that the State of Florida, BATF, Washington D.C. and several other agencies have had that for quite a few years now. All for legal reasons. I've never been in jail a day in my life.

I'm local and know the roadways quite well in the area. To think someone couldn't get out of that parking lot and off the little bit of roadway entering "Downtown Disney" (the old name) and on to many little side-roads without being caught in that area is unfamiliarity of west Orlando. Like most large metropolitan areas we've got our fair share of unsolved cases....unfortunately.

TRUE LIBERTY likes this.
  10. Holliday

Holliday Loaded Pockets

It really isn't hard to ambush someone and I'm not really sure why you even went there in your post.

And the whole place is under surveillance, with the exception of bathrooms, locker rooms, and the like. Jason Bourne couldn't get out of that parking lot unnoticed- especially if you "put him down."

Superdave1 likes this.
  11. Ghostwalker54

1.) You missed the point, Holiday. That's a made for Disney video. There was no one directing traffic in that parking lot the day I was there and no matter how many cameras they may have to think gates are going to drop and there's going to be a hundred officers surrounding you before you can get out of the parking garage is absurd. You might wish to actually drive the road in and out (and note all the side roads entering AND exiting the area), actually enter the garage and walk through the place. It's not the same as being in the park. I grew up here long before Disney existed.

2.) I didn't go anywhere. I simply responded to your implication that you are dealing with Fort Knox. You aren't! Not even close!

12. Holliday

Holliday Loaded Pockets

It is you who missed the point. Do you honestly think that a K-9 cop is going to approach you without backup? You were already on their radar. You were on camera and they had backup waiting for you. To think otherwise is just ridiculous.

That video was made by a friend of a friend. You can see one of our cars at around 2:22 mark. So much for that propaganda you are trying to push.

And again, why you felt the need say that you could have "dropped" the cop speaks volumes.

Superdave1 likes this.
  13. Ghostwalker54

I won't argue the finer points here. You're welcome to PM though. You said ambush, not me. Big difference between a confrontational shooting and an ambush. You can ask your local law enforcement. There was no "radar" sir. The "backup" was called in after I sat down to wait which took more than five minutes for them to walk from another part of the complex. The manager came into it at 10 minutes. And "propaganda "? I didn't watch the video because Disney themselves have a number of those type videos out. How many entrance and exits exist on each of those garages? During the busy season how many do they open and/or close? Same question for the off season. Which dept provides LE for Disney?

I'm not going to tell you my background or why I happen to know what I know about the LE that does provide for Disney. Either way it's a good bit more actual first hand knowledge than you have. And not from a friend of a friend.

14. Holliday

Holliday Loaded Pockets

Yet you didn't even know you couldn't pack heat there? Some "sources."

Don't care.

You have know idea what I know or don't know.

There's nothing left to say, so I just leave this quote here, from earlier in this thread. Ross summed it up perfectly.

Superdave1 likes this.
  15. Ghostwalker54

LOL...I was carrying a gun. And since a lawsuit several years ago by an employee changed some of Disney's rules and regulations that deal with park as opposed to Disney property (but I'm sure you knew that already) no I honestly didn't stop anyone to ask since I've been in Downtown Disney four times, the manager himself referred to it as property (not park), CC'ed all four times and only stopped this last time. And I bet you believe that every fifth person is an undercover cop there too just like the gentleman living in California (but wasn't from there) that you quoted. Why is it that when people lack real firsthand knowledge they get defensive?

Don't care what you know because you've already told me what you don't know.

16. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

Any who......

I almost lost 50 feet of accessory cord at Disneyland 9 days ago. I walked it back to the van. Weird thing was that it was on my third entry over 10 ten days. I guess they don't all search as well as others.

17. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Wait.... wait..... what? :eek: They were going to confiscate rope/cordage/string? What? Is Gorilla Tape also verboten?

What if Captain Hook gets unruly?

ATB,
    Sam

Mumbojumboo likes this.
  18. Holliday

Holliday Loaded Pockets

I shutter to think how deadly 50 feet of cordage could be in the hand's of someone like Ghostwalker...with all of his "training?" :rolleyes:

He could have garroted the entire security detail, then used it to rappel the outside wall of the parking garage for his escape, AND make it back to Rainforest Cafe before the next thunderstorm.

19. TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY Loaded Pockets

Okay, may not agree with you on some of these issues in this thread but that gave me a good laugh!

Superdave1 and Holliday like this.
  20. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

I believe the rule for Downtown Disney was changed in November 2016 in reaction the Pulse nightclub shooting.