1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Lost my first item to the MAN

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by gatorbait1872, Jul 10, 2017.

1. gatorbait1872

gatorbait1872 Loaded Pockets

Actually my daughter has her middle finger wrapped and splinted due to a recent surgery where they put pins in her finger. The main reason I brought the micra was to cut the tape if it got wet and we had to redo it. I left my pocket knife at the hotel knowing it would likely be a problem but a micra? Still don't get it.

2. gatorbait1872

gatorbait1872 Loaded Pockets

Btw, Universal has metal detectors and X-ray just like at the airports at the park entrance. And some of the more viscous roller coasters have metal detectors in their line as well. One got me with my dang car keys. Had to walk out of line all the way back to give them to the wife. I had words for that young man you can bet.

3. GRPAviation

GRPAviation Empty Pockets

I had that happen at a museum in Europe and they actually held it for me and gave it back when I left. Very nice about it. At another museum in France I ended up hiding it in some shrubs and retrieving it when I left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jstert and Gogogordy like this.
  4. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

The boys have their favorite mocktail at Lego Land California Hotel which is called Storm the Castle. LOL

ArkansasFan30 likes this.
  5. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Oh really????? And what pray tell 'threat' to the pinheads at gate security's so-called brains would a flashlight pose??? Both they and whomever is tasked with what passes for their 'training' are truly ignorant :censored:-h***s!

As well as all and sundry who accept their so-called thinking without question!

Moshe ben David

kukla, garza and ArkansasFan30 like this.
  6. Ross2187

Ross2187 Loaded Pockets

I just didn't want to risk it it getting taken at the gate, or having to walk back to my car. I dropped something once at night, and my cell phone flashlight was more than sufficient.

7. Gogogordy

Gogogordy Loaded Pockets

I visited the Bundestag (sp?) Germany's parliament building this past Novemeber with my SAK compact and my adult son his SAK Alox on our persons. While security was strict, including the pre-registration and firm appointment times, they were quite accomodating about letting us check our pocketknives in with them in order to go inside and visit this seat of government.

Reclaiming our knives was painless, requiring only finding the outbuilding where our knives were left, providing them a simple "claim check" and off we went.

I can't imagine a for-profit enterprise such as Universal Studios wouldn't offer the same simple arrangement as a house of government in this day and age.

So, note to self....I will quietly boycott Universal Studios (I live about 75 miles from Universal Studios Hollywood) as my protest to them. That's how I roll.

8. kukla

kukla Loaded Pockets

I'm finding out that because of their policies, there are more & more places that apparently don't want my business. :nah_disagree:
    ..............and that's just fine with me. :bounce:

9. Gogogordy

Gogogordy Loaded Pockets

I grew up right down the street from the happiest (costliest?) place on earth.

Now that I'm staring down the barrel of being eligible for Social Security, I wont be Disney-ing till Im blessed with a grandchild to take.

ArkansasFan30 likes this.
  10. _mg_

_mg_ Loaded Pockets

You should boycott them simply because they are designed to separate you from your money while providing very little entertainment value in return.

Moshe ben David, Gogogordy and kukla like this.
  11. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

That has been my experience in Germany. A museum in Frankfurt provided lockers which required a 1 Euro coin as the key deposit inside the door before the key is released.

Many US establishments seem to attach an evil motive or theft opportunity to items in the OP.

My son still remembers the immigration round up at the Munich train station. I made eye contact with the police who smiled and shook his hand no when he was asking to see papers. This was 2 years ago when we were riding the train to Salzburg.

12. Ghostwalker54

Ghostwalker54 Loaded Pockets

Disney now has gun sniffing dogs, ladies and gents. I had a couple buddies from the Blade Forums fly in with families to visit and go to Disney three or four months ago. I met them over at what used to be Downtown Disney (now Disney Springs or some garbage) at the Rainforest Cafe to buy them lunch. I knew that Disney itself had restrictions but figuring this is nothing more than a glorified shopping mall with a half dozen or so restaurants that it shouldn't be a problem.

Went in carrying my WC .45 under my shirt, bought lunch for the guys and their families and had good conversations. Going out I went to the wrong parking garage so went down the steps and walked a few hundred yards to the correct parking lot. Just as I was walking up to the the stairs a young officer with a German Shepard came up to me and asked if I was carrying a concealed weapon (he didn't ask about a bomb..he specified CW). I told him yes. Asked if I knew it was against the rules. Answer was no (who's rules). More officers called, manager came out...all very nice, very cordial. At my age with arthritis in my feet and legs I let them know I was going to sit while they ran background check on my CCW license and drivers license (even offered them my medical credentials). I checked out Squeaky clean as I knew I would, we all shot the breeze while waiting and then I came home across town from Disney. Bottom line: I'm going to miss talking with you guys when you come to town, I'll call in and pay for lunch for you and your families but it's going to be a cold day in hell before Disney sees me out there again.

Sent from my government monitored "because they're really bored" iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13. Ross2187

Ross2187 Loaded Pockets

When you're in DIsneyland, Downtown Disney, and even their garages, you're on private property. Where they set the rules, that are expected to be abided by. I'm all for CCW, its on my list. If you friend didn't want you to bring your CCW to his house, would you?

Holliday likes this.
  14. Ghostwalker54

No I wouldn't! My friend would come to my house if he wants to visit.

Sent from my government monitored "because they're really bored" iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

15. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

This is why I only go anywhere with people in my own vehicle. It's got all my stuff in it including armament, resupply, comms, etc, plus I know it's reliable and maintained. Other people only seem to have Kleenex and trash in their cars.

jstert and Moshe ben David like this.
  16. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

I don't have any friends that would ask me not to, and in the event that it never came up the gun is concealed anyway so how would they know?

As it happens, I probably would not conceal a handgun at Disney, if an option, and don't "always" have one on me anyway. Why not at Disney? I don't feel the need to. I like to keep it light and loose there, plus there are tons of body shields around.

Ghostwalker54 and garza like this.
  17. Gogogordy

Gogogordy Loaded Pockets

I'm a guest in my friends' homes....I'm a paying customer at Universal, Disney etc.
    That $$$ part of the equation makes the difference IMO.

Moshe ben David and Trickster like this.
  18. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

I am happy to avoid the place then, the whole reason I have pockets and a pack full of stuff is that I won't rely on other people, because they are fallible. People make errors and mistakes, I have come to the conclusion that you cannot rely on strangers even if they are in positions of "authority".

I find my tools necessary in all kinds of places where people have scoffed at me for having them.

JHGM, jstert, gatorbait1872 and 3 others like this.
  19. Ghostwalker54

Hey! That trash is another man's treasure. Let me look around in my car. I know there's a sandwich in here somewhere. You can have half of it if I find it.

20. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

What's the concealed carry law in Florida? Are signs posted prohibiting concealed carry?

My office in Texas found out they legally cannot prohibit concealed carry because the signs were posted in main break room in an obscure place and not at the entrance. The president/GM did not want the signs properly posted.

jstert likes this.