1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Lost Multitool... Need for comfort thread

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by SurivStud, Apr 6, 2014.

1. SurivStud

SurivStud Loaded Pockets

Last week someone in need of taking someone else's property broke my window, got into my house while I was out for three hours, and besides creating a big chaos took five or six valuable, small & easy to be sold objects... And... Yes... My charge TTi among them. That day for some reason I did not EDC it, which I will always regret, but left it inside a drawer which, just like every other compartment in the house was removed and deeply reviewed.
    I lost it with the sheath, small flashlight, ratchet pocket wrench, bit extender & bit set.
    The house is already set up and there were no more damages, Pics of this precious tool is what I have left; and all the many housing stuff well performed with it.
    But... Oh boy... my Multitool...

2. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Sorry to hear, but at least you get to show for another.

Edit: It ain't much, but its some comfort. :)

Dorian, groovster and SurivStud like this.
  3. CSM-101
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

CSM-101 EDC Junkie!!!!!

:stomp:

Gotta hate thieves... here's hoping they cut theirself with it...

4. SurivStud

SurivStud Loaded Pockets

LOL...

Dorian likes this.
  5. baja820

baja820 Loaded Pockets

Check the local pawn shops... maybe you can get the police to recover the stolen items.... sorry man that sucks big time.

6. Vic303

Vic303 Loaded Pockets

I really hate thieves....I hope you got a police report, have insurance, and that the cops catch the thieves eventually. There will likely be more thefts in your area. They may even pay you a return visit if they think your insurance replaced the cool stuff they stole last time. Have a surveillance system installed... It also helps to have a safe/RSC installed and bolted down for those things you find it difficult to replace.

Dorian likes this.
  7. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

+1 on hating thieves. But keep in mind that things that can be fixed with money are not really broken. If you doubt this, ask Steve Jobs.

8. MKram

MKram Loaded Pockets

Not to rub salt but also either left with a permanent scar to remind them of their misdeeds (hopefully to put them on the straight & narrow) or failing that, to bleed out... to quote Heinlein, "lessons in manners punctuated with a black eye tend to stick."

Dorian and SurivStud like this.
  9. SurivStud

SurivStud Loaded Pockets

Those are good suggestions. Thanks Vic303. I am working on it.
    Hopefully every one that may be sad at the loss of a MT may come come to this thread, share his story and receive the comfort you all gave me.

Dorian likes this.
  10. iplaysthedrums

iplaysthedrums Loaded Pockets

Not sure if you are being snarky or sincere about Mr. Jobs.

Sent from a Galaxy Note 2 far far away...

11. iplaysthedrums

iplaysthedrums Loaded Pockets

Sorry about your tool. At least it is replaceable.

Sent from a Galaxy Note 2 far far away...

Dorian likes this.
  12. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

I was being quite sincere about Mr. Jobs. He is just one of many of whom I could have cited. I chose him because of his obvious intelligence, success and wealth and the fact that none of these things could save him. And truthfully, I'm not a snarky person unless we are talking about politics and politicians.

iplaysthedrums likes this.
  13. SurivStud

SurivStud Loaded Pockets

I understand the point.
    I've looked for a new Charge TTi here in Uruguay (where I live now), but it seems they don't sell it here.
    If i don't find it soon, probably won't have the money available...

Somehow it will be fixed, I know.

14. SurivStud

SurivStud Loaded Pockets

Well. After a long time of not posting at all let me say that I didn't fight any longer to that feeling of having lost my multi tool. I found a really good deal for a Juice CS4 which I really like for being pocketable, and then, I said to myself: -"well, you already have a pocketable one, why don't you get a bigger one to carry it in the car to fix potentially bigger things" so I moved forward, found online a good option and I bought it.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soundlessnut and Dorian like this.
  15. Ray Loftis

Ray Loftis Loaded Pockets

It's hard to loose something you worked hard to obtain
    But all works out in the end..
    I had my favorite knife ever Benchmade Balisong out and using around a bunch construction guys for ten minutes. I must have set it down and next time I reached for it in the pocket it was in for ten years it wasn't there
    Of course no one saw anything or my knife
    I know it was stolen and the original $70 spent didn't hurt as much as the separation anxiety did
    In the end (2 long years) I know I made out testing new knives until I bonded with a Spyderco Manix II. I'm ok now and the thief will get his I'm sure..,,

Sent from my iPhone
    Ghostprepper

SurivStud likes this.
  16. Ben Rubinstein

Sorry to hear about it mate, I'm sure you're punching walls. :(

17. That Movie Guy

That Movie Guy Loaded Pockets

I've been the victim a couple times. First it was my brand new skis when I was in highschool. Only their third day of use, taken right out of the base area of one of my favourite ski resorts. First day of a 5 day ski trip.

Secondly, and FAR more significantly, couple of crooks got their hands on my truck a few years back. Drove it around for a few weeks smoking crack and putting cigarette burns in my interior before the cops finally recovered it. Insurance and my body guy had her back to rights in about 3 weeks. About a week after I got her back I received a bill from a nearby toll highway. A highway I'd never driven a day in my life.

Bad people exist. But so do good ones, (three cheers for our men and women in LE and the military.) And Insurance helps where it can. Things are just things. Be glad no one was home when the bastards tossed your place, it could have been a lot worse.

And I hope the Charge bites him.

On the groin.

With the bottle opener.

SurivStud, Grimley and Ben Rubinstein like this.
  18. SurivStud

SurivStud Loaded Pockets

Thanks That Movie Guy...
    Cheers.
    I am sorry about your loss also. You lost things that are far more expensive than a multitool.
    By that time they stole a computer, camera, and a few other things but my MT was the one I missed he most.
    May be I won't be able to get a new Charge for a while but I do have now a couple of different models.

More than the loss itself, what worries you is the feeling of vulnerability or the possibility of new future vandals attacks (Cheers on LE and the military, those who protect us)

You are totally right, it could have been a lot worse.

These things we let go once in a while are just things. It's just that we spend such a good time when we use them...
    Of course, nothing is better than spending time with family.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Movie Guy likes this.
  19. mley1

mley1 Loaded Pockets

I can't stand a thief. That's one reason why I have three very large, and vicious dogs. They came in handy one Thanksgiving. My oldest son was home alone, with the dogs inside. Suddenly, the German Shepard started going crazy barking and growling. So, my son opened his room door and let him into the main house. My son then grabbed a .45 I had left him. The dog was at the sliding door when my son entered the living room, and the window near the door was open. The latch on the door had been jimmied, and a spot of blood was on the floor nearby. I suspect that thief was just glad to get his hand back. We've been fortunate, and haven't had any incidents since then. Our dogs are very protective of the family, and the property. A good, solid, protective, breed of dog does wonders for keeping thieves more honest. Or, at least changing their mind enough to look elsewhere for their thievery.

Glad you got a couple of tools to replace the TTI. The Surge is a nice multitool. I love mine, and I'm sure you'll enjoy using yours.

SurivStud likes this.
  20. Tru7h

Tru7h Loaded Pockets

Congrats on the surge! Those jerks often know each other and talk. Hey man, that's the house with the dogs! Look at my hand! Don't hit that place up.

SurivStud likes this.