1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Lost & Found

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by jerit, Apr 28, 2020.

1. jerit

jerit Loaded Pockets

What favorite piece of EDC have you lost, and later found it or not.

This morning, I went to the gas station to fill up a couple of gas cans for the grass blower, mower etc. I used my little CRKT Snicker to cut the seal from a bottle of two-cycle oil, and laid it on a bed rail of my truck. Dang pump didn't work so I loaded up the cans and moved to a different pump, filled up the cans and headed home. Got home, unloaded, and out of habit patted down my pockets. Where's my knife?

Headed back to the gas station. In the parking lot of the station maybe 100 feet from the pump I had used there was a landscaping crew of 4 or 5 guys checking out a flat tire on their fully loaded trailer.

Hmmm....I wonder?...I loved that little knife.

2. victograph

victograph Loaded Pockets

Sorry you lost that. I lost a kershaw scallion that I eventually replaced after many months. Two weeks after replacing the knife my wife found the original in a jacket I never wear. I have both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ballistic and Moshe ben David like this.
  3. godcode

godcode Loaded Pockets

Lost a part of my EDC usb flashdrive. Did not lose the entire driver, only the chip that holds the files which is also the part that connects to the USB slot of your PC. Not sure though what happened as the USB was full metal. I only tried using one day and realized that it wasnt detecting. I then attempted to clean it, but realized the chip is missing. Funny thing is I actually found that chip near our bedroom days ago but brushed it off as something else.

Still contemplating if I should EDC a USB driver or just use Phone for copying and storing files.

4. jcombs

jcombs Loaded Pockets

I’ve probably lost a dozen flashlights over the last few years. At least 4-5 Eagletac D25As, 2 in Ti and several aluminum bodies. At least 2 D25Cs, both in titanium and 1 of the newer model titanium AA lights, I forget the model, D3A maybe Also 2-3 small Olights have gone missing as well. So many that I’ve kinda lost track. I’ve retraced my steps and even used a metal detector a few times but have never found any of them.

Some were lost around the farm, on and off tractors, etc. and I think I lost one carrying a newborn calf to the barn during a storm. But I think most of them were caught and pulled out of my pocket by the seatbelt of my truck. After the last D25A went missing, I removed the factory clip and put in on a Tec clip with an o-ring. That’s seems to have solved the problem.

5. Sentinel-14

Sentinel-14 Loaded Pockets

I also EDC a flash drive, and I think it's better than using your phone, personally. One, you dont need a cable to connect the drive. Two, you keep your phone secure by not connecting it to other machines. And three, if you're wanting to print photos at Walgreens or WalMart, they may not allow you to connect your phone for fear of you messing up their stuff. USB drive is just simpler for that purpose, and you can hand them only the data you want to hand them, instead of them having access to everything on your phone. If you don't have to carry your drive in your pocket or on your keys you can just do what my mother does with her EDC drive: put it in a pill bottle. You can't lose it, and if it spontaneously disassembles itself the parts are contained in the bottle. Alternatively, Corsair makes a few hard-use flash drives that have their own screw-down cases. Something like this one.

I've not lost any of my EDC yet, thankfully. However, I do have an antique watch I enjoyed wearing for a while until I got home one night and found the crystal had fallen out of it. That watch then spent probably 9 months at the jeweler while he looked for a new crystal. Seems finding crystals for a watch made in 1925 isn't easy... imagine that. After finally getting one and getting to enjoy the watch again, I found the original crystal under the seat in my truck.:rolleyes: It's okay though: the original was celluloid and had yellowed over the decades: the new one is still good and clear. :)

Not lost, but I sold one of my first EDC pocket knives to a friend since it didn't suit me anymore. Years later I developed a respect for the maker and kind of wished I had that knife back so I asked him about it, but unfortunately he couldn't figure out where it went, or if he even still had it. It had been several years, after all. So, I hopped on Ebay and found one for cheap, just to have in my knife roll again. I wont carry it but I enjoy having it.

I guess I'm just too uptight to lose things: I keep close track of all my stuff.

EDIT:
    Well, I may have misrepresented myself a bit. Going through my knife collection I found a Gerber Paraframe I that reminded me of an incident some 15 years ago. I was leaving a college thing one night and when I reached into my pocket to get my keys, I couldnt find my knife. Normally (back then) I wore jeans or jean shorts, but that night I was wearing simple gym shorts instead, and I have always had problems with things falling out of my pockets when I wear gym shorts. I walked back and forth from the building to my truck, in the dark (didnt have a light back then) looking for my knife but it was just gone. Never did find it. Instead I went to WalMart the next day and bought a replacement.

So I have lost one EDC item, but I often forget because I replaced it a day later with the same knife.

Last edited by Sentinel-14, Sep 18, 2020
    #5 Sentinel-14, May 18, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  6. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

I also lost a Kershaw Ken Onion (Lefty Mini Task) about 10 years ago. I backtracked and determined the only place I could have lost it was a certain restaurant, but no one turned it in.

It always bugged me and I really like the knife. I finally won a Mint/NIB one on eBay the other day, should have it it soon.

[​IMG]

7. ox71

ox71 Loaded Pockets

I lost my first zippo somewhere in 1987, I found it cleaning out the back of my dad's LTD 6 years later, I still have it today[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Benton629 and jcombs like this.
  8. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Lost & Found:
    • BM 160 TK-1 Tether Knife

Still Lost:
    • Buck 110 - my first knife
    • Spyderco Salt I
    • Lumintop Tool Ti (I think I know who found it, but they denied it)

9. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

I have a bad habit of misplacing expensive Tac pens. At this point all of them have found their way back to my pocket, but it was my Benchmade that went missing for almost 4 months in the bottom of a couch. I've since learned my lesson, and now make sure to occasionally do gear checks throughout the day.

10. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

"Lost" a Maratac AAA stainless in Durango, Co on vacation. Found it when I got home in a bag. The clip evidently caught on the bag while I was loading or unloading it in Colo and it fell into a side pocket of the bag. I was forlorn because I hadn't had it that long and they were no longer making the stainless model. Needless to say, I was very happy to find it. I still have it, but it is now retired.

BigGreenTick likes this.
  11. victograph

victograph Loaded Pockets

Glad to hear it was only playing hide and seek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. echo victor

echo victor Previously "YankeeHotelFoxtrot"

I misplaced a Rotring pen a few years ago; I have no idea where it went.

13. Enemy Combatant

Enemy Combatant Loaded Pockets

I once used my CRKT M16-13SF in an unsuccessful attempt to remove the corkscrew from a wine bottle. Didn't get it open, but that's not the sad part. The girl ended up finding out that same instance that there was another girl, and off I went. Without my knife. Looking back, it was a ridiculous "tactical knife", but I had it since its release and would've preferred to keep it. This happened back in 2008/9.

14. JIM

JIM Loaded Pockets

I lost a Leatherman Juice S2 on vacation. Ordered a new one a couple days after it arrived I found the old one somewhere in the luggage. Turns out that Leatherman came out with the new version soon after that which I do not care for at all...

So now I still have my old-version Juice and a back-up as well

15. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

I got the same knife for Christmas in 2008 I think. I picked it out and "Santa" brought it. It served one purpose, although very versatile as a folder, when I was still a uniformed officer. (I carried a different knife for normal knife stuff.) Today, it rides in my truck console in the event I need something in extremis. I left law enforcement about six years ago, but I sometimes have to walk around an area where handguns and pepper spray are illegal all the while in business clothing.

16. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

The year Back to the Future II came out I lost my Wenger SAK. I was a kid and was devastated by it. As a sentimental guy and an ardent MacGyver follower, it was a major setback. The neighbor across the street found it in some gravel in front of his house. It hadn't been run-over. I can place the time so well because he and his family were going to go see the movie and asked if I wanted to go as he handed me my knife back!

echo victor and twin63 like this.
  17. Marskindri

Marskindri Loaded Pockets

I have a Rotring pen also but I didn't see it again because my son is mad and he throws it on the river.:stomp:

ran23 and echo victor like this.