1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Lost EDC Items (RIP)

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by B.Haven, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Adam Ng

Adam Ng Loaded Pockets

Lost my Kershaw Black out to NYPD visiting the Statue of Liberty, Kershaw Shalot to TSA on the way back from Jamaica, lost my Surefiie P6 while doing night photograph at the Eiffel, lost my Fisher Bullet pen in a hotel room in Carbo, lost my Japanese straight edge razor among the many drawers at home. All but the straight edge should rest in peace, no name Seki blade I hope to see you soon.

2. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

I found a long-lost holster that I once used during the 1980s. It is still functional so the "RIP" moniker may be inaccurate. It should be label Lost EDC Items (MIA).

3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I love the Fisher bullet Space Pen. But after losing a couple, I've taken to carrying them in a small Kaweco pocket size leather pen slip. Haven't lost one since.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

4. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

^^^^ That. And I had them in my possession, too, but now I can't find them. Very mysterious. I don't even want to smoke, but just listen to that familiar click. Lots of memories, there.

_mg_ likes this.
  5. Weko

Weko Loaded Pockets

Can't seem to find my maxpedition pocket with 6" steel rule, Stainless steel Sharpie, 2 mm drafting pencil, Zebra F-701 and notepad and SAK minichamp somewhere in the house. Last time the minichamp went missing found it in the dogs bedding. I generally find things after I bought the replacements so I no longer carry expensive non-replaceable items

Moshe ben David likes this.
  6. Flashman

Flashman Loaded Pockets

This thread brings to mind my first 2 knives.

My first knife was an elkhorn handled jack knife that looked like my Dad's but only had one blade on it. I got it when I was 8. I still have the scars (whittled my left thumb so many times in the same spot, my Mom took the knife away), but the knife is gone. I don't remember if I got it back and lost it, or if my Mom's confiscation was until the end of time. Neither would surprise me.

My second knife looked like a Buck 110, but was a little shallower in the handle and blade. Had the iconic wood and brass handles. It had a long thin blade, and a decent saw. I don't remember if the saw locked, or if it was just the blade. I got this when I was around 11. Lost it at the lake while sawing a branch off an overhanging tree that I got my fishing line tangled in. Being 11, I was too cheap to leave my hook in a tree, the branch was too thin for me to climb on, so I thought I could cut the branch off with my knife, and rescue my hook. Dropped my knife in the lake, where it promptly sank, and got buried in the muck. We looked, and looked and looked, but could never find it.

Third knife I still have. It was another Buck knockoff, this time a little smaller, and no saw. It was all about the Buck knives back then. Us kids always got the knockoffs as our parents knew we would lose them.

Neither of these knives was worth much money, but it would have been nice to keep them, for sentimental reasons. Pass them down to my kids. My Dad until recently always carried the knife his Dad handed down to him. I think it was a Case. It had been sharpened so many times, the blades were pretty shallow. Almost as wide as they were deep. He now carries a SAK. Not sure if he still has his Dad's old knife or not.

_mg_ likes this.
  7. Gaulois

Gaulois Loaded Pockets

I lost today my Oakley Straight Jacket. I got a pause on a bike riding, near a canal. Stopped, put the glasses on my cap, drank, made a few steps. Took my cap off. Oakleys fell right into the water. Canal is deep and currently the flow is strong, due to the last rains.

I had them for 5 years. They already saved my right eye once. I'm the :eek:est piece of :eek: ever to be THAT stupid.

I have spare lenses, so I've just made an order for a new frame. I'll use my Flak Jacket for the moment.

But what an idiot !

Armsman likes this.
  8. Lannister
    • In Omnia Paratus

Lannister Loaded Pockets

Lost a Gerber multitool at the bottom of a Port-a-Potty. OK so, not really lost 'cause I knew where it was, but I did not try to get it back.
    I also lost a lot of money being on this Forum...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

9. FLbeachbum

FLbeachbum Loaded Pockets

Don't be too hard on yourself You are not alone here. I left a brand new pair of Oakleys at the bottom of a lake in Tibet several years ago the same way.

10. Gaulois

Gaulois Loaded Pockets

Sorry about it, my friend!

FLbeachbum likes this.
  11. Alfin_lee

Alfin_lee Loaded Pockets

Lost my Lumintop mini prince last week I love that flashlight, and just looking for new one

12. Adam Ng

Adam Ng Loaded Pockets

Sorry to hear. If i lose mines i would have to buy the same one and the 3.6v batery again.

Alfin_lee likes this.
  13. Alfin_lee

Alfin_lee Loaded Pockets

Yeah... That's exactly what I will do

Adam Ng likes this.
  14. soulknight

soulknight Loaded Pockets

A pocket knife my grandfather gave me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Jabez Branderham

Jabez Branderham Loaded Pockets

It's been months since I saw my Timex Scout 43. When my raise comes through in about a month (Lord willing), I'll finally have a wrist-watch again.

Years ago, while TDY at Fort Polk, my pawn shop Cold Steel Recon Tanto was either stolen, or just lost. Of course, my best lost EDC story is the Leatherman SuperTool confiscated by Mexican cops. You best believe I replaced that thing as soon as I saw another Wal-Mart.

16. Jabez Branderham

Jabez Branderham Loaded Pockets

Ouch. Nice pieces of kit, and fairly expensive to replace.

17. ItsHardToKnow

ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

I EDC'd my virginity for 16 years, it'll be missed :(

RIP Virginity
    1982 - 1998

znapschatz and aasoverteakettle like this.
  18. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

Odd. I never missed mine. :hug: I hope things improve for you. ;)

ItsHardToKnow likes this.
  19. ItsHardToKnow

ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

well played

20. jemhouston

jemhouston Loaded Pockets

Black handle Spyderco Delica, lost it under the floor while pulling cables at work. Didn't know I lost it until I got home. A few weeks later, I was under the floor where I thought I lost it. Didn't find it.