1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

loop organizer for electronics & cables with molle/pals?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by AIM-54, Nov 17, 2017.

1. AIM-54

AIM-54 Empty Pockets

Hello folks!

I frequently carry a bunch of electronics as part of my job (I'm a pen tester). I like to use molle pouches and backer panels to keep everything modular and organized. One of my "field kits" (from Hak5) came with a really nice little organizer, but it doesn't have straps to attach it to my molle backer panel with my other gear. Can any of you recommend an organizer with a bunch of loops? I have looked at the Maxpedition EDC organizers like the "Slim" and "Fatty", but they don't have quite as many loops as the original one. I'm curious if anyone has recommendations. Thanks!

This is what the original looks like: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/dd/9e/54/dd9e549769b3ebe6c47b51c91b047fa9--computer-hacking-linux.jpg

Update: I realize I probably picked the wrong forum for this post, but I can't figure out how to change it. Sorry :)

Last edited by AIM-54, Nov 17, 2017
    #1 AIM-54, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  2. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Look at Vanquest,they also have a decent sale starting this week.

3. Rdog

Rdog Loaded Pockets

I'd think it would be easy to sew on two straps to your existing pouch, or pick up a admin type molle pouch that your pouch fits into?
    If I'm understanding right.
    What kind of molle set up are you using? do you remove the panel to access what you want? if not I would think not attaching the shown pouch, but putting it into an open top pouch so it could be removed would be better?
    If so maybe just bend a kydex sheet to hold the pouch, use some clips to hold the kydex...should be another easy one?

4. Butch007

Butch007 Loaded Pockets

Have you seen the Grid-it organizers? With luck you can find one that slips into a pack pocket or organizer.

By the way, I got a lot of use out of my Pineapple (original version) and Rubber Ducky.
    Thinking about picking up a Bash Bunny. What do you use?

5. Lane DeCamp

Lane DeCamp Loaded Pockets

Depending on your specific needs, and working conditions, you might do as I do. I got some heavy duty miniature ziploc bags for a couple dollars. Different cables go into each one, I squeeze surplus air out, and seal them. This way they are dry, not subject to tangling or twisting, and I just pull out whatever I need. I can inspect or share or whatever and not have to handle or expose anything else. In emergency management I may be in dirty or wet conditions, or be where I want to get a $40 dongle back afterwards. It's hard to mark a cable with your name, but you can mark the bag with name and phone number and it has a much better chance of coming home again. And it's the least traumatic way to store and handle cables. Pick bags to fit your pack pockets, and coil your cables to fit the bags. It's easy and reliable and nothing gets damaged.

6. HardToHandle

HardToHandle Loaded Pockets

LBX Tactical.
    These were the guys who were selected to build velcro'd accessories for the Khard packs. I have a dozen different rip and remove pouches.

7. eira

eira Loaded Pockets

Google shotgun shell on aliexpress, you can choose from 5,6,9 rounds, remove the threads in between elastic to fit your gadget easily

jag-engr likes this.
  8. AIM-54

AIM-54 Empty Pockets

I've got one of everything, but what I usually actually carry in the organizer etc. on a job is two rubber duckys, a couple TL-MR3040s (drop boxes) / rootabega, a bash bunny, a wifi pineapple nano, an ethernet tap, a small hub, a small switch, a couple alfa wireless adapters, various antennas, various cables and adapters, a small USB keyboard & mouse, about 12 various USB thumb drives, two or three portable hard drives, a scanner, a frequency counter, occasionally a UV5R, two small laptops, an RTLSDR dongle and antennas, various flashlights, a head-lamp, a leatherman juice xe6 and a microscrewdriver set. If there's a physical component add to that an rfid cloner, card reader, blank cards, lanyards, badges, an assortment of larger screwdrivers, a multimeter, lock picks, various shims, an under-the-door tool, a telescopic magnet tool/mirror, a crash bar tool, gloves, heavy wire cutters, paracord, a gerber MP600 and always various doo-dads based on what I think I might need at that site. That all gets squashed into a GoRuck GR1 at the moment.

You can see why I'm slightly obsessive about organizers. :)

This is EDC forums though, so my day-to-day carry is a subset of that stuff. A set of lock picks (lock picking is fun!) and some practice locks, a wifi adapter, some hard drives, a bunny or ducky if I'm working on setting up a payload, my laptop(s), radios, pens, a notepad.. typical EDC stuff, just with a lot of charging cords, cables, and adapters that I don't want to lose.