1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looks like Nite Eyez fixed the S Biner

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by SnWnMe, Jun 27, 2010.

1. SnWnMe

SnWnMe Loaded Pockets

Check out the new one with the built in bottle opener. NE gave the wire gate a slight offset that made it significantly more resistant to opening. I got two from Sports Chalet and they work great. Finally, double ended convenience with peace of mind.

2. Flashlight Aficionado

Flashlight Aficionado Loaded Pockets

Do you have the old style too? If so, can you post a picture of them side-by-side so we can spot them without having to buy the bottle opener.

3. Helstar

Helstar Loaded Pockets

can't seem to find anything on them. you got a picture?

4. SnWnMe

SnWnMe Loaded Pockets

Here it is next to a #3 S Biner

[​IMG]

5. Neomik

Neomik Loaded Pockets

Hi there,

thanks for this update... I have 6 of the old style "S-biners" but never really used them outside the house to attach stuff! At home they were used to hook stuff up to different places.

The new design looks kind of "Outdoor" to me and nice.

If the retention is stronger I might consider them for the future.

Have a nice day

Michael

6. Al_G19

Al_G19 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the head's up! I have five or so of the old style that I quit using because they came open too easily, I like the new look too!

7. geonex

geonex Loaded Pockets

I lost a few items on a recent camping trip thanks to an S-biner. Still like them for in-pack organization, but I can't trust them with keys, etc. - especially when hanging from a belt loop or pack. New design looks interesting, I'll have to head over to REI and see if they have them in stock.

Product page: http://www.niteize.com/products/s-biner-ahhh

8. 177itch

177itch Loaded Pockets

now only if they would refund me for all the s-biners i lost!

9. Amnesia Wes

Amnesia Wes Empty Pockets

I also have several S-biners that I don't use, because I kept losing keys and tools. I have sent an email to Nite-Ize and asked them if they would take trade-ins and charge me an 'upgrade-fee' to the newer ones. I think it's a fair request as the old are pretty useless. I only sent this request recently, so lets give them some time to think it over. I will post their response on this thread.

I urge you all to do the same. The more 'squeeky wheels' they hear, the better our chances of getting replacements/refunds.

10. WARFIST

WARFIST Banned

i agree!!!!

11. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

The small plastic ones are really sturdy, better than the previous metal ones anyway. I'm using for a couple of of EDC things and so far no probs at all.

12. Amnesia Wes

(Deleted) Updated version follows.

13. Amnesia Wes

You guys are gonna love this one! Nite-Izxe trying to pull a fast one on us. They claim there is no new design! This is the email I rec'd today:

"Dear Wesley,
    Thank you for your interest in Nite Ize products. We hope you enjoyed viewing our website. In regards to your email, the design of the S-Biners has not changed however, I have provided you with an attachment demonstrating how to attach your keys to the center bar of the Nite Ize S-Biner so they do not come off. That should fix the problem for you. Please let me know if you have any questions and I would be happy to assist you. Your support of Nite Ize products is greatly appreciated.

All the Best,
    Diana Finch-Wilson
    Customer Service
    Nite Ize, Inc.
    5660 Central Avenue
    Boulder, CO 80301
    800-678-6483
    303-449-2576
    Fax: (303) 449-2013
    dfinch-wilson@niteize.com
    www.niteize.com"

And this is my response to her...

Diana;
    It does not matter if I put my keys on the center bar, as the clip portion that I attach to my belt loop or backpack, comes off, losing the whole S-Biner!!!
    Wesley

Ps. If there is no new design, what's this?
    http://www.niteize.com/products/s-biner-ahhh

I will post whatever she sends back, however, my guess is she'll says this is a 'different product' since it has the bottle opener.

Wes.

14. jlwilliams

jlwilliams Loaded Pockets

i bought 2 of the med.metal s biners and used one for a while till i realised it was gone, my flashlight was still in my pocket but s biner gone! the second one is still hanging on my shop wall because i am scared to put any thing valuble on it. i just went to link and read the reviews of the biners and they are all good. of course they wont show the bad ones but i think it would be good to see the negative and then people can judge for themselves. just my opinion.

15. Amnesia Wes

As I suspected, here is Nite-Ize's response:

Dear Wesley,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, Nite Ize does not offer exchanges on our products. The product you are referring to is the S-Biner Ahhh. It is available on our website or below is a list of retailers selling Nite Ize products.

Retailers selling Nite Ize Products include REI, EMS, Dick Sporting Goods, Bass Pro Shops, Cabela’s, Sports Authority, Sportsmans Warehouse, Micro Center, Murdoch, Fry’s, G.I. Joe’s, Wholesale Sports, Mountain Equipment Co-Op, , House of Knives, Mills Fleet Farm, Academy, Sport Chalet, ACE and True Value Stores.

Additionally, you can purchase Nite Ize products from our website at www.niteize.com by phone 1-800-315-2575, as well as from ZBattery at www.zbattery.com via phone 1-800-624-8681. Your support of Nite Ize products is greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you have any questions and I would be happy to assist you.

All the Best,

Diana Finch-Wilson
    Customer Service
    Nite Ize, Inc.
    5660 Central Avenue
    Boulder, CO 80301
    800-678-6483
    303-449-2576
    Fax: (303) 449-2013
    dfinch-wilson@niteize.com
    www.niteize.com

16. Amnesia Wes

And my final email to Nite-Ize:

This unacceptable response, and all previous emails, have been posted on EDCforums.com for all 19,627 members to view, where quite a lot of us have purchased and are afraid to use your S-Biner product.

http://edcforums.com/showthread.php/74796-Looks-like-Nite-Eyez-fixed-the-S-Biner

Here's food for thought, (and purely a rhetorical question): Why on earth would you think we'd want to buy your new products, when you won't even make good on your sold goods?

17. el chupacabra

el chupacabra Loaded Pockets

Before throwing Nite Ize under the bus... I do not think the original S-biner is no longer available. It appears the Ahhh is a S-biner with a bottle opener as they tried to explain in their email response. I thought you got decent email replies, especially given the tone of your inquires.

JMO

18. Amnesia Wes

ao17mc;
    I never said the old style was no longer available, I said they were worthless.
    (BTW, I don't have to 'throw them under the bus', their product does that for them!)
    I was giving them the opportunity to save themselves of bad publicity in that they could upgrade/exchange all the old ones that plain don't work. Their answer: we can always buy the new ones! Not acceptable to me, as I have over a dozen of the old ones. What it comes down to is, if you want to hang something in your garage or home, it's ok; but don't trust anything valuable on them, like keys/tools, etc. if you plan on going outdoors and potentially any kind of motion, as you will lose them. It's not just me, it's everyone I know who have used them!

And for whatever it's worth, ao17mc, I am not down on Nite-Ize other products. In fact, I have quite a few Figure 9's, in a variety of sizes and I love them. They're easy to use and adjust, and I count in them heavily when I go fishing and camping, which is quite often.
    Wes

19. jlwilliams

jlwilliams Loaded Pockets

i agree nite ize has alot of good products and i have purchased quite alot over the years. im just not happy with the s biner.

20. gpturner

gpturner Empty Pockets

I have carried a #2 for years to attach my keys, not once have I ever had the slightest of issues with it opening. I have used multple units for multiple keys and ect , I wonder if I have just been lucky.