1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for the perfect pocket carry flashlight.

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Banger, Mar 8, 2014.

1. rev98

rev98 Empty Pockets

Malkoff MDC for cr123, L3 Illuminations L10 for AA, Fenix LD01 for AAA

2. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

I like my Foursevens MLR2. Takes a single CR2 battery which is smaller dimensions than the CR123, but is still higher output than a AA or AAA.

MrOG likes this.
  3. Ironside

Ironside Loaded Pockets

+1 on SWM M11R if its CR123 you want. I love the UI.

SWM V11R takes AA or CR123 plus it has rotary control.

AAA 4sevens Preon PO (or Atom if you want Ti) is only 58mm - the size of a keychain SAK
    Another AAA Preon 1 ( option of 2x AAA with an extra body tube, all the Preon stuff screws together so you can customize)
    Don't have one but Peak Eiger is a bombproof AAA from accounts

AA Eagletac D25 for a $50 clicky

My favorite AA pocket light is an L10 high CRI twisty 4 stage with moonlight low. Its just a bit bigger than the battery and I hang it in my pocket on a P7 clip.

4. Lollolo

Lollolo Loaded Pockets

I found nice the fenix e05, and e15. The last one works with one cr123, but it's fantastic. With normal use a single battery will last very long

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI G525-U00 utilizzando Tapatalk

5. kbuzbee

kbuzbee Loaded Pockets

I love all the little single CR123 lights out there today.

Right now my two favorites are the EagleTac D25C with Nichia 219 LED

[​IMG]

and the Peak Logan in high CRI XP-G.

[​IMG]

Ken

6. jabe1

jabe1 Loaded Pockets

I'll second Ken's suggestions, but add in the Quark QPL.
    You can spend anywhere from $30 to $500, it depends on what you want.

kbuzbee likes this.
  7. kbuzbee

kbuzbee Loaded Pockets

Yeah, 47 makes great lights. I wish the clip on the QPL was more toward the end for deeper carry, and I like the two cycle through L-M-H before hitting the blinkies of the D25C better than the single pass of the QPL. I always seem to over shoot Med and wind up on High the first pass through ;) But that's just me ;)

Ken

8. Mike Prettyman

Mike Prettyman Loaded Pockets

twoison
    twoisone, is that a Manix 2? I've been wanting to get one of those forever. What bladesteel is yours?

9. Mike Prettyman

Mike Prettyman Loaded Pockets

I personally carry a fenix L1T model 2 that I got as a present from my brother in a Leatherman combo pack. However, it sounds like you are looking for something 'heavier' than this one, as it uses a single 'AA' battery. I like it because it's small and light enough to be out of the way, but strong enough to fill most of my requirements. Also, the batteries are inexpensive and always easy to find and the 'orange peel' reflector gives a great spot with just the right amount of spill.

Last edited by Mike Prettyman, May 13, 2014
  10. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

That is the Manix 2 XL with s30V. It's a great knife with full flat ground. I've got so many I haven't really cut anything with it yet so can't comment on that aspect.

11. Ironside

Ironside Loaded Pockets

Preon P1
    [​IMG]

L10 HighCRI 4 mode
    [​IMG]

These are small choices Preon 85mm, L10 75mm

12. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

If you are looking for the perfect EDC light, GIVE UP now!

Not wanting to discourage you, consider that everyone's idea of perfect is going to be different.

Now that you are looking for the most practical and longest runtime light you can look at these single AA lights.
    I go with AA batteries because they are inexpensive, easily available and good rechargeable AA are easy to find.
    CR123s while offering higher output are simply more expensive and if one does not buy in bulk, not the easiest to find.

• Klarus P1A XP-G R5 AA 150 Lumen - max runtime 28hr.
    • EagleTac D25A Clicky XM-L2 U2 200 lumens
    • EagleTac D25A Clicky XP-G2 i with 179 lumens
    • NiteCore Multi Task Series MT1A 140 Lumen - max runtime 60 hrs @ 5 lumens
    • Fenix E12 1 x AA CREE XP-E2 130 Lumen - max runtime 40 hrs @ 8 lumens (aka my EDC light)
    • FOURSEVENS Quark Pro QPA Gen 2 109 Lumen - max runtime Moonlight: 0.2 lumens, 10 days,
      Low: 4 lumens, 2 days, Medium: 22 lumens, 6 hrs
    The Fenix E12 is about $26.95, is the least expensive on this list, the Quark Pro QPA can be found for about $58.00

13. el_duderino04

el_duderino04 Loaded Pockets

I'll second the suggestion for a Peak Eiger. It's been my EDC for about 6 months or so (though I try to rotate some others in as well).

Personally, I wanted the slimmest light I could get. I carry clipped to my front pocket, so a fat light gives me the appearance of baby makin' hips (which, as a fairly large dude, is something I like to avoid). It doesn't get much better than the Eiger, and yet it gives more than enough light for any EDC task (just don't expect a ton of throw). This is particularly true with a Li-ion 10440. I also find the run time to be more than enough for my use.

14. hammerdrop99

hammerdrop99 Empty Pockets

I have carried the Fenix LD15 for years and it has never let me down. Uses 1 AA battery, light weight and compact.

15. B.Haven

B.Haven Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

I've been carrying an Olight i3S for the last week. I don't need major fire power, I've got that in my EDC bag. It's pretty small and has 3 modes... bought it a few months ago and haven't committed to carrying it until now.

It clips nicely on the Bellroy Slim Front Pocket wallet. And, if I misplace it, it's not gonna break the bank.

--
    B.Haven

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD