1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for some options.

Discussion in 'Knives' started by scary, May 18, 2016.

1. scary

scary Empty Pockets

Hey guys and gals... I have a modest knife collection; spyderco, emerson, zt. I'm looking for something a little different. With Blade Show a couple weeks away I'm trying to get an idea of some knives I might be interested in. The wife and I have a little one on the way, so I'm looking to spend a little more while I still can. Looking for possibly an auto/flipper or otf. Don't really want to spend more then 300 but I will if I really like it. Looking for some options from you guys. Also would y'all spend the money on one knife.. Or multiple knives? Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2. Daywalker
    • In Omnia Paratus

Daywalker EDC Junkie!!!

Aloha scary

Sir first of all, congrats on the little one. Second, ya got pretty good taste in knives...so I'd look at something from Microtec in the form of a DA OTF. Also, it might be possible, but I really doubt you could leave the Blade Show with just one knife.:rolleyes:
    Be safe!

3. NelsonIII

NelsonIII Loaded Pockets

Ive always wanted the smaller Microtech UTX 70. Like, badly.

4. gazz98

gazz98 Loaded Pockets

Yes, congrats on the little one!

Microtech is the big kid on the block for OTF that I know of. Protech and Paragon also. HK and Benchmade also make them also but you probably have some BMs already. Quite a few choices in the sub $300 market for a nice OTF. I personally don't have much experience with them since they and auto's are illegal here in MI.

Personally, I'd probably go for two knives vs one at $300. I don't always go for quantity over quality but if you want to try some different styles of knives, two over one make would sense. After a quick look at one of the big knife shops online (I wont mention it, not sure if its ok), maybe a Kershaw Launch 2 auto ~$89 and a Microtech UTX-70 ~$220 for $310 total. That would give you an opportunity to try two different styles of knives at a tad over your ideal budget.

Flippers are more common of course, so I'd try some combination of auto/OTF.

YMMV and good luck.

5. scary

scary Empty Pockets

Thanks everybody for the kind words, the wife and I are very excited.

I am definitely looking at microtech, narrowing between an auto folding and a nice otf. My first choice would be a medford but I just can't spend that on a blade right now. I do appreciate the options.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk