1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Small & Slim HORIZONTAL Sheath for a Multitool

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by jtice, Apr 18, 2019.

1. jtice

jtice Loaded Pockets

I carry, well, like many of you, too much stuff in my pockets.
    Lately the multitool has pushed out of the mix due to not really having a comfortable secure way to carry it.
    I am thinking about trying a sheath / holster for one on my belt.
    I am not a fan of things on my belt though, so I know if I am to carry one this way its going to have to be just right.

Looking for a HORIZONTAL sheath, that is made of very thin and light weight material. (this rules out leather)
    Least amount of bulk possible.
    Only needs to fit a "normal" belt, mine is just over 1"
    Prefer it to have belt loops, and not a clip. I have never seen a clip that doesnt end up adding thickness and bulk.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. jtice

jtice Loaded Pockets

3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I'm with you. That looks like it would be a royal pain in the :censored: deploying and then 're-ploy'. Recently somewhere on here I saw where someone had DIY a very minimalist Kydex sheath for his MT. I don't think he set it up for horizontal but I bet it could be. Don't recall the details though. Sorry!

I use a Maxped single sheath when I carry my LM in horizontal. But I'd not call it 'minimalist'! :)

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

4. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

A Blue Force Gear Single Magazine Pistol Belt Pouch.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Nick4305 likes this.
  5. jtice

jtice Loaded Pockets

I have kydex and have made a few things, but they have all used the typical bolt on bulky clips.
    Not sure how to go about making one out of kydex that the attachment point doesnt add bulk.

Hmmm that Blue Force is nice, looks very thin. Will have to look into those.

6. ox71

ox71 Loaded Pockets

you can cut a bicycle inner tube to the appropriate length and "rangerband" the mt to your belt, besides the blue force gear holster that would be the thinnest solution.

there is a us company that makes metal holsters for multi tools called RAE gear but there belt connection is for vertical carry and adds bulk since it is a belt clip riveted to the holster.

ox71

7. jtice

jtice Loaded Pockets

The ranger band idea is really neat, but I know that will drive me crazy taking it in and out of it,
    also, I think that would be a huge pain when you change pants.

I have one of the Blue Force pouches on the way, its the thinnest thing I have seen.
    Will let you know how I like it once I test it out.

ox71 likes this.
  8. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

Maybe something like this? Made from two vinyl siding samples from a home store, heat gun and eyelets. The design will need some tweaking for belt carry though.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

9. jtice

jtice Loaded Pockets

Ended up getting one of the Blue Force Gear pouches,
    it works pretty well, and is way less bulk than the ones that come with the Leathermans.
    Eeeeevery so often I have found the Leatherman slide out of the pouch just a bit, I think it might be from sitting in the car and its being pushed out from the back.

10. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

I am glad it is working for you. I can see where the sliding out could be an issue. At least with know it is happening, you can periodically check it.