1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for small EDC belt pouch.

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by max6166, Aug 14, 2009.

1. max6166

max6166 Loaded Pockets

I am looking for a small container to carry various items on my belt.

Ideally, I'd like something similar to small camera case, but with a couple of little compartments and elastic holders for pens, etc. Maybe a small web pocket or a couple of elastic loops on the outside.

I'd also like it to be a little longer than the average case, so that I can fit a 3x5.5 notepad and regular pen in there.

Another thing I like about the camera case is that it is self-enclosed, i.e. the main compartment zips completely shut.

Does anyone happen to know of anything remotely similar to what I have described? I'd really appreciate any pointers. Thanks.

2. iomatic

iomatic Loaded Pockets

A lot of photojournalists I know carry a Mountainsmith day pack on their lumbar.

ThinkTank Photo also makes photo-belt-gear.

3. max6166

max6166 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the links iomatic. There are a couple of interesting things there, but I think I may have confused things in my description.

I am not a photographer or looking to carry an actual camera. I am planning to stuff various EDC items in it.

I only meant that those small cheap Caselogic digital camera cases were about the same size and style that I was looking for. Below is an example:

[​IMG]

I have been thinking about it, and I am considering even modding one of those cases. It would just need a web pocket, some elastic loops, and a couple of pockets for the inside. I am pretty good with a sewing needle - I would just need to find the materials.

I'd rather buy a case though since I am working around the clock these days and don't really have any spare time. :nervous:

4. iomatic

iomatic Loaded Pockets

In that case, LowePro also makes tons of pouches. Tamrac and Tiffen are also somewhat "lesser" brands. Photographers tend to stick with Tenba, Lightware, and other high-end, crazy-expensive cases like Zero Halliburton and Pelican (justifiably so, with digital backs and bodies upwards of $15K or more).

5. LauraQ

LauraQ Loaded Pockets

+1 on Lowepro. They make a variety of sizes and though they are geared toward digital cameras, they work well for EDC items, too. I always find a nice selection at Fry's.

6. NosHusky

NosHusky Loaded Pockets

7. Gorbag

Gorbag Loaded Pockets

You could take a look at the Civilian Lab stuff, their LT series has some smaller pouches that fit your specs.

8. Foskey

Foskey Loaded Pockets

Spec Ops makes a nice belt pouch that has exactly what you are looking for.

9. Chopper

Chopper Loaded Pockets

Make your own dear chap. :)

You get what you want then.

10. jehan60188

jehan60188 Loaded Pockets

countycomm pcc, pockets are for quitters

11. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

Like many of us, I've had the same problem. This is the best solution I've found: http://www.rei.com/product/757666 In this pouch I carry my cell phone, business cards, pad of paper & pen, slim cigarette case/lighter, Fenix P3D, ASP Key Defender, LM Supertool 200, SOG Night Vision (knife), 3 spare CR123s, and spare set of keys, and I could fit more in it if I wanted to. It's made of thin fabric, unlike the Maxpedition pouches, so it's no bulkier than what's in it. It is not "tactical" looking at all, and I've gotten away with EDCing it in shirt and tie office settings without any problems. I've been through about a dozen belt pouches and this is the best one I've found, for my needs, so far. The two modifications I've made to it were to cut off the shoulder strap, and, the loop on the back to thread through a belt is one wide loop; I cut the middle out of it to give it two separate loops that can now straddle a belt loop on my pants.

12. Atrain

Atrain Empty Pockets

Nite Ize Web site: www.niteize.com/

We have had two from walmarts that was black then one from Cabelas that was green.

my dad carried the green one edc for 3 years till it wore out.

Atrain

13. Bushman5

Bushman5 Loaded Pockets

any of the HSGI or tactical Tailor E&E pouches will do the job very well :roof:!

14. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

15. Vic303

Vic303 Loaded Pockets

I've got a Maxped pouch that sounds like what you want. Khaki in color. PM me if you want to work out a deal. It's like new, as I hardly ever use it.

16. max6166

max6166 Loaded Pockets

Wow, a lot of great suggestions and leads. I have spent way too much time reading up on all these options. Thanks everyone! :cheers:

My initial hope was to find an unobtrusive, thin black 4"x5" or so electronics/gadget case with 2 zippered compartments. Something completely non-tactical in appearance that no one would raise an eyebrow at. I came close, but not quite.

I did manage to accumulate quite a shopping list of pouches and organizers along the way though! ;D

17. wenestvedt

wenestvedt Loaded Pockets

This spring I got a LowePro belt pouch at Marshall's for like seven bucks. :7) Generally they run about twice that, so consider cruising through those places periodically and see if you find something. (It was over in the men's section with all the dorky nosehair-trimmer type gifts.)

18. Vic303

Vic303 Loaded Pockets

BTW I figured out my Maxped pouch is an M-1. It's just gathering dust on my bookcase, as I have too much on my belt already to use it.

19. Cervantes

Cervantes Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]]Nite Ize Pock-its[/url]

Here's my belt carry pouch.
    This is after 2 years of use.

20. Tommy Gun

Tommy Gun Empty Pockets

Yeah, those Nite-Ize pock-its are great-I've got a Nite-Ize phone pouch, I carry a Gerber Artifact and Leatherman Squirt in the rear section,an Inka pen in the loop,two eye wash vials and a flash drive inside the inner elasticated section-great bit of gear!