1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Note 4 Water Proof/Resistant Case

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by jtice, Feb 18, 2015.

1. jtice

jtice Loaded Pockets

I use my Samsung Note 4 as my main GPS unit when hiking, riding the motorcycle, etc.
    I would like to find a water proof/resistant case for it that I could at least trust to protect it in the rain.
    Anyone have any experience with a decent Note 4 case? Everything I find seems to be for the non-note phones.

2. Rabidfox

Rabidfox Loaded Pockets

Seidio is the only company I know of that made a truly waterproof case (obex) for the note 3 so I imagine they'll have one for the 4 soon enough.

3. Sabreslight

Sabreslight Empty Pockets

just saw this post and wanted to say that after I got my note 3 i wanted that seidio obex case and my curiosity got the better of me and asked about the note 4 and was told that they had no plans to release it for the 4.

Taken from the seidio FB page: "Unfortunately, we will not be making the OBEX for the Note 4. We apologize for the inconvenience"

4. pipey

pipey Loaded Pockets

Otterbox may do one. Iv found that most of the companys who make this sort of thing fall over themselves to manufacture stuff for ipads etc and manufacture hardly anything for the likes of samsung etc. Shows the power apple have which is really annoying as having contacted these people im told maybe i should get an ipad id its a certain case etc i want ! Oh really dont think so.

5. jtice

jtice Loaded Pockets

The el cheapo case I got off ebay doesnt seem toooo bad.
    I did a water test with the phone out of it the other day, it stayed dry inside.
    It will be good enough for what I need, mainly wanted SOMEthing on it for when I take motorcycle trips in case I get caught in some rain.

6. Rabidfox

Rabidfox Loaded Pockets

Ghostek Atomic cases for the note 4 seem to be getting good reviews on amanzon/ebay. might pick one up

7. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

How about a Loksak?

8. Judgeless

Judgeless Loaded Pockets

I am looking for one for my Note 4 also. The Ghostek Atomic gets a lot of bad reviews. They claim it makes the main button on the front fall off. People have to super glue it back on. That will not work for me.

9. Rabidfox

Rabidfox Loaded Pockets

looks like they may have addressed the button issue

10. Judgeless

Judgeless Loaded Pockets

Is there a version 2.0. Do you know what they did to address the button issue?

11. Rabidfox

Rabidfox Loaded Pockets

*shrug* just lookin at more recent reviews compared to the earlier ones looks like people are starting to like them again. ive got one on order

12. Judgeless

Judgeless Loaded Pockets

*shrug* keep me updated if you lose the main button on your $600 phone and have to super glue it back on.

13. rb2001

rb2001 Empty Pockets

I have the Note 3 with Otterbox Commuter. I know how much vitriol there is for MaxP, but I have their Janus Pouch and it's just about perfect for my Notte 3/Otter. It's not submersible waterproof, but I have had it out in heavy rain (I cycle a lot) and it has protected the phone well. There, I said it. I will now step back and let the chips fall where they may.

14. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

I have a redpepper-case for my Note3;
    [​IMG]

I have tested the case by doing a little submersion-test (tissue in the case instead of the phone) and it passed it just fine but i would still not go swimming with it.... However, for your intended use it might be perfect! I myself used this case on holiday for some added protection from pool and beach water and sand and it did a great job! Cheap too.

You can get em between 10-20 bucks.

rb2001 likes this.
  15. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

Seidio Obex case. People either love it or hate it. Most reviews are more positive.

16. trfkcop

trfkcop Loaded Pockets

I have one of the Redpepper cases on my Note 2, been on about 2 years, no issues and survived Disney World.