1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for new trouser!

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Hattori Hanzo, Apr 12, 2015.

1. 343KD

343KD Loaded Pockets

Propper STL III's have been my go-to lately

2. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

MinistryOfTruth Uber Prepared

I know you said no tactical look but 5.11 has a pair of khaki/chinos with the flexi-waist thingy, hidden pockets and strong fabric. The fit is very decent and lo-pro, permanent crease and with the right shirt you could wear them to a dressy casual occasion, they look sharp without crossing over into uniform rigidity.
    They also make a type of pant that is somewhere in between a jean cut and khakis, i want to say they're called ridgeline or something like that, usual subdued colors so there's a little choice. Nice alternative to everyday denims.
    Neither of them look tactical but you get the toughness of such clothes. Not cheap cheap but 5.11 pants are pretty hard to kill with everyday use.
    The elastic waistband is awesome, no chafe, no pinching etc wether you do physicslly demanding stuff or have a lot of hours sitting.

TAD makes a model called spartan i think, bit more pricey, pretty much as far from tactical as you get but it's TAD so the make is solid and you'll have to work to trash them.

Fierce Smurf likes this.
  3. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

I bought some gray Vertz Phantom LT 2.0 pants. They have a cool design and look nice too with a subdued tactical appearance.

Their fit is peculiar. They're supposed to be less baggy, but they're baggy in the crotch and thighs and snug or fitted in the front and rear. As I tried them on, I stuck a Ruger LCP in my front pocket. The pistol fit adequately but there was printing and loss of comfort. In other words, the pocket area was too snug although without anything in the pockets they were ok and looked good.

I don't recommend although I wish I could.

4. HardToHandle

HardToHandle Loaded Pockets

My experience was the same, baggy and constricting at the same time.
    I also found that their Teflon coating made the pants rather warm. They do not breathe the way cotton pants should, consequently quite warm in summer.

5. crwoody

crwoody Loaded Pockets

I know this might be dumb, but have you checked out Zumiez? They deal in skateboard clothing, which is typically designed to be durable and breathable. Volcom and Empyre (in house brand) both make really good trousers. Some of their stuff is definitely strange, but I would give it a try! :)

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

6. tacos3

tacos3 Loaded Pockets

I wear 5.11 Ridgeline pants. No cargo pockets and not too tactical looking. There are 2 small pockets in the front that are perfect for a knife, pen and spare magazine.

I wear these everywhere. Super comfortable and rugged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk