1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for new trouser!

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Hattori Hanzo, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Radkreuzwerfer

Radkreuzwerfer Loaded Pockets

I've got a pair of Begadi's EDC, some great pants made of RipStop fabrics, integrated knee pads, back pockets are a little to each sides ao you don't sit on them or what's inside, two internal cargo pockets, only the horizontal zippers can be seen, two snall pockets on the ankles, each can hold a 0.33 l soda can or similar sized stuff. Comes in 24 or so different sizes and is twice width adjustable

2. Airborne 1

Airborne 1 Loaded Pockets

Hard to beat Duluth..Ware'em out..send em back they'll send you another pair..no kidding

2Panther

theirishboxer likes this.
  3. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Dickies, Carhartt, Duluth Trading ... if you want durable pants.

Kuhl, Mountain Hardware, (some) Triple Aught Design ... if you want durable pants with a bit more style.

theirishboxer likes this.
  4. NOC
    • The Omnia Paratus

NOC Loaded Pockets

If you like vertex vtx1000 the then you may also like the 5.11 Stryke pants. $75/pair. My daily wear pants. Super durable, stretchy where needed, comfortable trousers. Check them out. 5.11 also has a more civilian looking pants as well. Small hint - when ordering, go one size larger on the length. Waist is perfect, though.

5. Nighted
    • The Omnia Paratus

Nighted Loaded Pockets

Check out RailRiders. :)

6. Matthew03

Matthew03 Loaded Pockets

I used to pitch MK's in these threads pretty hard, I liked them. I've just recently blown out the second hidden double pocket in these and I am not happy about it. The first was my Original Mountain Pant, and this week it's my Teton Twill Shorts, exact same issue; It's almost like it starts ripping and then falls apart, almost like a dry rot of that material.

I checked my second pair of Originals and they have a small tear in the hidden pocket lining as well. :mad:

Another company I used quite a bit was J Crew for Khakis. I've gained weight and don't fit in them right now, but I have app. 8 different colors in the same flat front relaxed fit Khaki from them, they are very soft, much thinner material, but have held up many years.

7. babola

babola Loaded Pockets

Hmm, it looks like the issue of durability and longevity is wide spread, almost endemic...strange for a brand well known in outdoor circles and with so many faithful followers.

Check the most recent feedback on the MK website for their Original Mountain Pant...it's almost disturbing. :( It appears as if MK dropped the ball on material quality for their recent batches.

8. Municipal_Jedi
    • +2 Supporter

Municipal_Jedi Loaded Pockets

Interesting, I've been rocking the 5 pairs I own for a couple of years with no issues I wouldn't expect over that time period. Are you pants recent purchases or are they older?

9. cityofthesouth

cityofthesouth Loaded Pockets

Those do look interesting. What do they really fit like around your shoes/ankle? Do they taper or are they straight?

10. SAKplumber
    • The Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

I enjoy my Mountain Kahkis zip offs :)

11. The Toecutter

The Toecutter Loaded Pockets

TAD gear, railriders, vertx. Arcteryx if nothing else.

12. dowtech

dowtech Loaded Pockets

I recently went for a pair of the chinos in gray. Super trim and dressy looking, but with high tech fabric, 4-way stretch, and lots of non-tactical pocket options for serious travel. I'll probably get another pair in khaki.

13. dowtech

dowtech Loaded Pockets

I've worn mine (chinos) a bit now and love 'em. Trim, stretchy, non wrinkling, no need for frequent washing. They are my choice for future evacuations!

Jean likes this.
  14. outbackwack
    • +1 Supporter

outbackwack Loaded Pockets

I wear Propper cargo pants that are really comfortable and dressy... the navy blue is not tactical looking and I wear them to work. Some of the LAPG pants have been catching my eye lately.