1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for new trouser!

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Hattori Hanzo, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Loaded Pockets

Hello all, I'm looking for some new everyday trouser. I'm fed up with jeans all the time and am looking for an alternative. Something cotton or canvas maybe, I'm not sure. What I am sure of though is I don't want anything tactical looking. What's out there folks?

2. mrdabble

mrdabble Loaded Pockets

You can decide if they are too tactical looking, but ever since I doscovered Tru-spec and Vertx Phantom OPS there's no reason to look for anything further for me. Not too tactical, and the pocket layout wins over any con.

Both TruSpec and Verx Phantom OPS feature side pockets between right front and right back, same on the left. It's perfect for my knife on the right and my light on the left.

Truspec has cargo pockets with two pocket/dividers inside, and a small one outside, with cleverly placed Velcro specifically to avoid bulk.

Vertx Phantom OPS feature just one pocket in the cargo pocket, and there is no Velcro, which to some is a huge plus. The folds over the back pockets make them useless for anything other than papers or cash...but the best part about these pants are the slightly hidden zipper pockets behind the normal right and left front pockets.

Both these pants allow me to diversify what I carry on my person without looking mall-ninja.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

Any sort of carpenter pant. They are the perfect EDC pant for those that don't wear a suit.

Plenty of pocket options; including tool pockets big enough to carry substantial flashlights and multitools comfortably. Available in a variety of colors. I prefer the Carhartt brand, but Dickies and others make them as well.

Also available in shorts, so you don't have to change your routine/load-out in warm weather.

Ann_Onymous and hal_chase like this.
  4. Chimay

Chimay Loaded Pockets

I don't have any of their pants yet, but I'm very impress with their shorts, check out Duluth trading. I've got their flex fire hose shorts and the material is amazing.

samiam2714, MCPOWoller and Foxwalk like this.
  5. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Loaded Pockets

Thanks mrdabble I like the looks of the vertex vtx1000.

6. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

Hard to beat a pair of khakis. The options for cuts, fabrics, finishes, etc. abound, and they can pair with a myriad of footwear.

ran23, kikaida and sungame like this.
  7. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

What look are you after?

8. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

I am in the same situation. I normally wear Carhartt jeans every day and Dockers khakis for going out. I want to try something in between but not baggy cargo pants or tactical pants. I have a pair of Mountain Khakis Camber 105 pants and they were comfortable but not quite what I was looking for. I ordered a pair of Mountain Khakis Original Mountain pants (Broadway Fit) that should be here tomorrow. The latter pants are a heavier cotton canvas material.

MU ///M3 likes this.
  9. Municipal_Jedi

Municipal_Jedi Loaded Pockets

I love me some Mountain Khakis. They are expensive at the MSRP but if you look around (specifically Amazon) you can get them at a reasonable price. They wear well, look good and are comfortable. Definitely worth a look.

EricV and MU ///M3 like this.
  10. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

I've been wearing the Broadway Fit MK pants for a couple of days now and they are much more fitted (less baggy) than the other MK pants. They seem very well made and are comfortable while sitting as they have the gusseted crotch. I am 6' and 190lbs and they fit me rather well (the wife agrees). If you have tree trunk man legs, this may not be the pair for you though. The cotton canvas material will take a few washes to break in but so far so good. I ordered a second pair in another color and may even order yet another in the same color in the future.

MU ///M3 likes this.
  11. Schnurri

Schnurri Loaded Pockets

What about some chinos/khakis? Lands End has some, personally I like the ones sold by Eddie Bauer. But they might be difficult to get in the U.K.

12. baccar-3

baccar-3 Loaded Pockets

Dickies straight duck, relaxed fit, carpenters jeans, about $20, different colors, brass zipper.

MCPOWoller likes this.
  13. 343KD

343KD Loaded Pockets

The Vertx Phantom Ops pants are super comfortable. Also check out Kuhl. They might have something you like.

14. Jonas414

Jonas414 Loaded Pockets

I recently bought a pair of Klättermusen Gere and I really like them. Kinda under the radar pant but with great materials and great functions. Check them out!

15. babola

babola Loaded Pockets

Love the look of those, some great designs right there.

But at mouth-watering 260 Euro? Is this price range considered as something 'normal' to pay for outdoor trousers in Sweden? :unsure:

Just curious, that's all. :)

16. CatfishTX

CatfishTX Loaded Pockets

If you want pants that can go anywhere from work in the office to camping to traveling, I recommend Bluffworks. I have a pair and lI've mine.

ballistic, dowtech and T.H.Cone like this.
  17. Jonas414

Jonas414 Loaded Pockets

Well, no, those pants are kinda in the top range here in Sweden, I had my eyes on them for a looong time and saved up for them for months and finally bought them! :)
    I would say that you could get a good pair of outdoor pants for around 100-150 euro here in Sweden, unfortunately are the Swedish krona very weak at the moment, so quality cost a minor fortune right now!:)

18. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

vertx pants have basically ended me wearing jeans.

and my vertx just don't show any signs of wear other than the color fades

plus they are so comfortable 100% ++++

19. sino2

sino2 Loaded Pockets

No Jeans?I bought some khakis last years and now i'm fed up with them,rediscovering Jeans.Especially Lewis 501's.The Dark ones are usabale as formal and causal pants,depends on your shirt.

20. mrdabble

mrdabble Loaded Pockets

Glad I could help.

I've got some of those, I opted to upgrade to the phantom OPS cause I don't mind a tactical look—I'm in construction so it blends in. But those have less beef to the cargo pockets so they are nice and streamlined.

A huge benefit to these are the back pockets, they are open! On the OPS, the sew a flap with about an inch stitched on one side of each flap...I can't even comfortable carry my slim wallet in there. I look like I'm picking my butt trying to pull out my wallet to pay for a sandwich lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cityofthesouth likes this.