1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for my grail

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Ollie243, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Ollie243

Ollie243 Loaded Pockets

I'm not totally against mollie. I will most probably be choosing black or grey so it won't be looking to military anyway.

Struggling to find that pack available in the uk, it does look good though.

Really appreciate this comment. I will certainly look into the Moab more on the back of what you said, thank you.
    I think that would be the route to go if I go for a Moab or Remora Luanda etc. They are as much if not more as I paid for a new r24!

2. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

I carrying pretty much the same stuff plus a bit more and use the Timbuk2 Freestyle Messenger (XS), which has dedicated padded iPad/NetBook compartment, and good organizer pockets. Large enough for magazines and say A4 sized paper, but not legal paper (8.5"x14"). Love it.

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/freestyle-netbook-messenger

3. herosemblem

herosemblem Loaded Pockets

I should mention, now that I know it is relevant:
    I sold my Lunada a couple days ago on the 'bay for $65, and a couple months ago I also sold my Remora :). Both great bags.
    Remora was for: disposable water bottle + small tupperware for a sandwich...plus the usual survivability trinkets and the CCW pouch carried my Kindle tablet. Nothing else would fit. Got rid of the great bag on account it was too small for me.

Upgraded to Lunada. A freakin' sweet bag! Carried my tupperware + 32oz Nalgene bottle, little trinkets, kindle, and couple protein bars.

I decided that since I occasionally carry binders or my toiletry kit, I needed a slightly bigger bag. Now I'm at the MOAB 10, and pleased with it. The Lunada was excellent, and I can still envision it filling a role in my life...I just needed to pay for the MOAB 10 using the Lunada's funds. I'm also glad that I can use the MOAB 10 for EDC and hiking. It's large enough to fit food, h20, trinkets, some clothes, and a binder. This is where I stand for the time, and am happy so far with it!

4. Ollie243

Ollie243 Loaded Pockets

I watched some wicked reviews last night on the Moab 6 and Moab 10. I went into this process telling myself that I really don't need a big bag blah blah. The 10 is just such a handy size! Idk price will play a big role here if I am to be honest, it will depend on the second hand uk market

5. Lightleak

Lightleak Loaded Pockets

Regarding Kelty I want to post a little warning: I have had very bad experiences with their "customer service". I bought a very expensive dyneema pack some years ago, and when there was a little seam coming undone I tried to contact them. It took a month until they actually felt like replying to my mails. And their answer was close to: well, this is not our problem and we can't and we won't fix it.
    Wow- I was shocked. Not every buying Kelty again here.

6. sweetdaddyroses

sweetdaddyroses Loaded Pockets

Thanks for that information. I'm still trying to decide between the Kelty Peregrine and a Mountain HardWear Enterprise. They are both about the same size. I just wish there was some way to have both backs in front of me so that I could touch 'em, feel 'em, and make a better judgement. Oh, well!

7. Ollie243

Ollie243 Loaded Pockets

information like that is well worth knowing thanks for passing on!! Probably won't look much further into a Kelty now especially because I am a uk buyer.

8. AnObfuscator

AnObfuscator Loaded Pockets

Arc'teryx Quiver, perhaps? I've never seen one, so I have no idea if it has any organization, but it looks slick and non-military.

9. sweetdaddyroses

sweetdaddyroses Loaded Pockets

Yep, I bailed on the Kelty, too! I ended up ordering the Mountain HardWear Enterprise in the color "Stainless," as in stainless steel. At least I know it fits my 6' 4" frame since I just tried one on at a local Sports Chalet a few nights ago.

I found it on sale, online, at Al's Sports (Link: http://tinyurl.com/8jboepk ) for $62.99 and then I used a coupon code that I found with a Google search--"GOODTIMES" (no quotation marks)--and got another 10% off for a total of $56.69! Shipping was $5.99 for a grand total of $62.68 shipped! Not too shabby considering this pack is $110 everywhere else that I looked.

Now the wait. I am a little nervous because I read some unsettling reviews about this dealer. But for that price I am willing to take a chance. I'll keep y'all posted and put up some pics when it gets here. Keep in mind, also, that I already have a RUSH 24 that is built-out with pouches and other attachments. That is precisely why I have been carrying an older and much lighter Jansport pack. Also why I ordered this MH Enterprise. I just want a lighter, non tactical pack for EDC!

Again, good luck to the OP in his search!

***(I hope that in posting the above information I have not violated any of this site's rules? Please notify me if I have and I will delete the info.)