1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for key-shaped scissors and tweezers

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by nick_sixx, Nov 22, 2016.

1. nick_sixx

nick_sixx Empty Pockets

Hi guys,

Looking at trying to get my ideal keychain together. I love the functionality of my SAK classic, but it is super awkward to have on a keychain and the tweezers/toothpick keep falling out.

I have an Orbitkey that I'd like to utilise, so I am looking for key-shaped/sized scissors and tweezers (my two most-used tools) that will work with the Orbitkey. I've seen the SOG Key scissors, but they don't appear to be in production any longer (same with the Pocketweez V1). Does anyone know of any replacements that would fit the bill?

My vision is to have my "switchblade" car key attached to the Orbitkey via a clip, and nothing else needed.

2. nick_sixx

nick_sixx Empty Pockets

Bumo

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I don't think I've ever seen, let alone heard of, tweezers or a toothpick falling out of any SAK. All of mine really seem to click firmly into place. If this really is happening with your Classic, maybe you have a defect (or a fake?). If it is authentic, you might want to take advantage of the great lifetime warranty on Victorinox products!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

4. TV09

TV09 Loaded Pockets

Check out the fairly new stoeaway tools. Pretty much designed exactly for what you are asking sbout.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

nick_sixx likes this.
  5. Getahl

Getahl Loaded Pockets

Alternatively, you could pop the scales off the Classic, and reverse them, so the toothpick and tweezers are pointing toward your keychain, and not the floor. I've had this problem in the past, and this mostly fixed it, for about 5 years, and then the tweezers went somewhere.

keycutter likes this.
  6. nick_sixx

nick_sixx Empty Pockets

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I know I mentioned the SAK in my original post, but I am specifically looking for a way to replace it; not fix the issue of the toothpick falling out.

My goal is to end up with the below configuration [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7. T Shrapnel-Carruthers

T Shrapnel-Carruthers Loaded Pockets

Perhaps you should be pitching this as an idea to Orbitkey

8. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Klecker Knives recently did the a KickStarter line of "Stowaway" tools that are designed primarily for their proprietary iPhone case, but also fit many keychain systems. The have a pair of tweezers and a pair of scissors.

That said, I would personally go for the Cogent Tweezers or the second-generation PockeTweez. I have no recommendations for scissors that would fit the Orbit Key...

9. Weko

Weko Loaded Pockets

I received the Klecker Kickstarter scissors, not too impressed with how they are made or the cutting ability. Did not order the the tweezers as I don't use them too often. An for those wondering, I like the knife and the screwdriver so far.

jag-engr likes this.
  10. Weko

Weko Loaded Pockets

Saw the klecker tweezers at the SHOT show. Very functional, regret not getting them. The pliers also as they were locking.

11. Weko

Weko Loaded Pockets

Keybar also has a tweezer, toothpick solution that mounts on a side plate