1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for ideas for Easter Basket...keychain gadgets...

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by bryan123, Mar 3, 2016.

1. bryan123

bryan123 Loaded Pockets

Hi,

My girlfriend celebrates Easter and I would like to give her an Easter basket with some fun and useful EDC gadgets. She already has a Fenix E05 that I got her for Valentine's Day (I also took her out for dinner and gave her a Vermont Teddy Bear lol)

She's 40 something (50), served in Desert Storm, ran a marathon last October and is a nurse.

I'm hoping for some fun suggestions.

Thanks

2. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

Nite Ize DoohicKey costs about $4 and clips onto a key ring. I've given a few as gifts and they seem to be appreciated.

bryan123 likes this.
  3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Dessert Storm? yum! (yeah, I'm being snarky. I know you mean Desert Storm! kudos to her)

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

p.s.: The Nitecore Tube is a Great keychain lite IMHO. Light weight; not bulky; rechargeable via USB; bright -- max @ 45 lumens

Last edited by Moshe ben David, Mar 3, 2016
    bryan123 likes this.
  4. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

How about a couple of stainless steel rings and clips? Maybe a P7 or a whistle. The forum store has some great keychain stuff.

bryan123 likes this.
  5. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

This may sound funny, but I find the Nite-Ize Clip-Mount Gear Ties to be useful for a keychain.

Other goodies would include clips (TEC Pythons, Cogent Industries HookUps, SF clips, McGizmo clips), danglers (TEC P7 or Pangea Designs Pickpocket).

6. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

This may sound funny, but I find the Nite-Ize Clip-Mount Gear Ties to be useful for a keychain.

Other goodies would include clips (TEC Pythons, Cogent Industries HookUps, SF clips, McGizmo clips), danglers (TEC P7 or Pangea Designs Pickpocket).

7. bryan123

bryan123 Loaded Pockets

I guess I should clarify her EDC situation. She carries a Coach pocketbook with two small keyrings clipped to the handles on either side with small carabiners. One has her housekey and her Honda CR-V keyfob. The other one has her remote engine starter and that's it. The Fenix is in a zip pocket inside her pocketbook. I would envision the goodies also being stored inside her pocketbook with the Fenix E05....

I like the whistle idea.

8. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

Those McGizmo clips work better than any clip I have ever used for my gadgets and keys. Small and tough. I have a stash in different sizes

bryan123 likes this.
  9. bryan123

bryan123 Loaded Pockets

That's certainly good to know, but her gadgets are going to be carried inside her pocketbook in a zip compartment.

10. Minos

Minos Loaded Pockets

I would suggest:

- Fisher Space bullet pen in a bright color like lime green or purple so it is easy to find, or a color that matches her purse.
    - an edc spinning top. There is a seller on Etsy that makes a really cool one without a spindle. It is also affordable. Google "plier spinning edc top"
    - tiny backup charger for her phone
    - small notebook, like a moleskin volant extra small to fit in her purse with the space pen.
    - glow fob to attach to her car keys
    - victorinox minichamp in alox. It has a lot of tools and it's very compact. The cellidor scaled version is also pretty small too.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Warsong and bryan123 like this.
  11. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

A nice, compact pen, such as TEC Accessories' new titanium pen could come in really handy.

A less-common item that I have found to be very useful is a pair of compact, folding nail clippers. Don't get the True Utility version, get the similar, but smaller version. They are very handy and won't get you in trouble if you forget you're carrying them.

bryan123 likes this.
  12. bryan123

bryan123 Loaded Pockets

Here's what's in the basket so far:

Nylon lined 6 inch cable ring with: black and red mini Sharpies, Stanley keychain tape measure, pill fob, GI can-opener, SAK Classic, Fox40 whistle, KERT, Uncle Bill's tweezers.

2AA smartphone power boost, Moleskine notebook, Selfie Stick, egg with Silly Putty, spork, and Cosmo April issue with Big Bang star Kaley Couco on the cover. Also a meterrite small enough to fit in the pill fob.

Uzna and Minos like this.
  13. Kristina Cay

Kristina Cay Loaded Pockets

How did she like the basket?

Uzna likes this.
  14. bryan123

bryan123 Loaded Pockets

was much appreciated. I also included a K.E.R.T that I hope she never has to use, except as a bottle opener or screwdriver...

15. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

late to the party...I gave about a dozen of these for Christmas a couple of years ago...

[​IMG]