1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking For Hard To Find ML621 Coin Battery

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Small Shiny Objects, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Small Shiny Objects

Small Shiny Objects Loaded Pockets

My Sony HDR-SR7 HandyCam still works fine for my needs, but recently would no longer retain the proper date and time when the battery pack was removed.

Sony's authorized service center wants over $306.50 minimum to do anything to the camcorder, so I took a chance on trying to take this apart myself.

Even though I couldn't find a YouTube video on my specific model, just watching a couple of other videos gave me enough confidence to at least try taking this thing apart.

Luckily, I was able to get it apart in such a way that I think I can get it back together. I think I found the internal battery I need to replace too. It is a Panasonic ML621 rechargeable lithium coin cell battery.

I'm having a hard time finding a reputable source to order one from, so if any of you know a source you trust that seems to have this battery in stock, I would greatly appreciate a link.

2. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

Yeesh that one looks a :censored: to find. Did a quick search myself and after going through the first couple results.. you're right. Only option I saw that has some buyer protection would be the 'Bay. Found a single piece Sanyo manufactured same ML621 for about ten bucks shipping out of HK. Which you prob found as well. Good luck with your search and cheers for taking the cam apart to repair.

3. sld

sld Loaded Pockets

Digi-Key has them for $2.25 with over 19,000 in stock.

4. Small Shiny Objects

Small Shiny Objects Loaded Pockets

Thanks for looking. Yes, I did see a couple available on there, but even though I set up an account years ago, I've never bought anything on there, which is why I was looking for another source.

I went ahead and just ordered one from there, so it should be here next week.

5. landwire
    • +2 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

+1000000 for Digi-key.