1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for good EDC bag ideas...

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Chairsofter, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Chairsofter

Chairsofter Loaded Pockets

Howdy!
    I'm a newbie here but not particularly to EDC. I'm trying to find a comfy bag (preferably a bag with one strap) that I can sling "over the head" and on the back. I'd like to put some soft level IIIA AR500 armor and a laptop in it, so something moderately big.
    MOLLE would also be helpful. And lots of Velcro, for the patch-:censored: in me.

Any suggestions?

2. camporama

camporama Loaded Pockets

Vanquest Javelin Vslinger?

Chairsofter likes this.
  3. groovster

groovster Loaded Pockets

First thing I thought of when I read "lots of Velcro" and sling bag was Grey Ghost Gear Coffin Sling Bag.

4. Chairsofter

That looks really good actually, I might just get it! And that GGG Coffin is ridiculous... So impractical-tacticool it's funny.

camporama likes this.
  5. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

Hazard 4 Switchback?

6. pks

pks Loaded Pockets

I love my vanquest Javelin sling, but it is a bit tight for laptop. My MBP 13 inch fits into it, but just barely. I took a bunch of pics elsewhere, will try to upload one with the laptop here once I figure out how.

[​IMG]

Water-Rat and camporama like this.
  7. Crashnburk

Crashnburk Loaded Pockets

I like my maxpedition Kodiak. Plenty of room for daily supplies, hangs on the shoulder well, and not too large.

8. OregonEMT

OregonEMT Loaded Pockets

I just bought a Vanquest bag and I froggin love this bag. It's actually making me think of returning my recently bought CamelBak Rubicon. I was bored one night at work and came across Vanquest which I didn't know much about. After spending a couple of hours watching YouTube reviews, I pulled the trigger and bought one. It got here yesterday morning and after 24 hours of use, I am extremely pleased with it.

I should mention it's the Falconer 27 (also known as protect-f at one time). It coupled with a Vanquest FATPack 7x10. I'll be posting a review soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Water-Rat, camporama and panzer like this.
  9. Chairsofter

I'm thinking of just getting the 5.11 Tactical Rush 10. Seems like it can fit some well-sized AR500 armor in it, along with a moderately big laptop and other generic EDC stuff. It's also exactly the same kind of back-mounted sling bag I've been looking for. Anyone have any experience with it?

10. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

You will not get a big computer in a Moab 10?
    Have you looked at the dimensions?
    What computer are you thinking?

11. camporama

camporama Loaded Pockets

Edit: Never mind, I just skimmed the post.

12. Chairsofter

Main compartment dimensions are 18 1/2 x 9 x 5, and my ASUS is 15 x 10 (I know, its a bigboi) but I figured if I was just putting this laptop and some armor in that compartment, then that 5 inch thickness could expand out a bit if most of it wasn't being used... You know?

13. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

No? what I do know is that this is a really narrow bag and not good for a laptop of any bigger size.
    I don't know how to be any more clear but you seen determined anyway?
    I don't feel comfortable with my 13" Macbook in there even much less a bigger machine unless it is armored itself which I also have.

On top of the size the Moab is really not that comfortable to carry with the single strap in the first place and much less so if stretched by the load and too navy also.

Great for an 11" Air but not for a full size computer.

14. Chairsofter

Would you have any personal reccomendations for a good bag like this, then? I'm just trying to find something to EDC comfortably but still has space :p

15. snakedoc

snakedoc Empty Pockets

I have the Vanquest 27 backpack love it great quality you want go wrong with them.

16. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

:tongue:
    Well any bag big enough for the computer is a good start.
    It seemed like you asked but then didn't understand my answer that the Moab is not really big enough for your computer?

If you like the Moab then the Rush12 seems an obvious choice to me.
    Bigger and 2 straps for comfort but still not huge and another really popular choice here.

17. Chairsofter

No, i understand what you meant now, apologies.
    I'll look into the Rush 12 and the Hazard 4, because those seem very similar and like great options!
    I think the Vanquest Falconer 27 is a wee-bit small, and has similar dimensions to the MOAB

18. Captainkirk

Captainkirk Loaded Pockets

You might look at that again. The Falconer is 27 liters to the Moab's 18. It should actually be bigger than the Rush 12.

19. Chairsofter

But isn't the width still a little small..? Actually, scratch that! I just googled both on the 5.11 and Vanquest websites and the vanquest is 18x10.5 (Amazon had it as like 18x9.5, so I didn't think I'd be able to fit it width-wise.) Thanks Amazon! Haha so yeah!!

The Hazard 4 and Vanquest Falconer 27 are lookin' like might fine options for me!