1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

looking for fak bag only

Discussion in 'First Aid Station' started by byksm, Aug 4, 2012.

1. byksm

byksm Loaded Pockets

ive been trying to find a suitable fak bag.
    needs to be big enough to accomidate a sam splint (just over 9") and still fit within a space in my pack (about 8 x 10 x 2.5.).
    id also prefer under 25$, bright color and clamshell open.
    internal pockets would be a plus.
    any suggestions?

thanks
    -p

2. whoozle

whoozle Loaded Pockets

3. evolutionglitch
    • In Omnia Paratus

evolutionglitch Loaded Pockets

Your title looks like a none too subtle personal ad... oh yeah try the maxped fatty.

4. xbanker
    • Administrator

xbanker Geriatric Admin
    Staff Member

This appears to meet your specs: NOLS (National Outdoor Leadership School) Field First Aid Kit Bag-only ... $10 ... BUT it's currently out of stock. No "expected date" listed.

nol1.jpg nol2.jpg

5. byksm

byksm Loaded Pockets

i thank you for some interesting recomendations...
    but as evolutionglitch points out, anyone with a thing for yaks and lawn furniture would instantly recognize this as a solicitation.

good day.
    -p

6. brianwhynot

brianwhynot Loaded Pockets

I've got a couple of the Fjällräven Medical Bags as home FAKs. A little bigger than what you're looking for but they hold a sam splint and a grip of supplies no problem. Very well made, and you could even cut off the waist straps if you were so inclined.

7. chappel

chappel Loaded Pockets

I was just searching for the same thing, and got an Outdoor Research 'backcountry organizer' (the largest one). So far it looks like it will work for storing and organizing the basics. Unfortunately it's over $25 (more like $35), and not a bright color - but it is a clamshell, and has a fair selection of pockets to keep things organized. When stuffed it looks a bit wider than the 2.5" you wanted, but not quite as long. The mid-sized one has a full-zip divider; the largest one (pictured) has an entire snap-out pouch (I was thinking of keeping some basic meds in that). The larger mesh pockets are thin enough to see through to the contents, and the entire thing is made from pretty thin, light material, so you aren't carrying an extra pound of canvas and molle straps. The contents are still a work in progress, but so far I think it'll do nicely - it certainly holds a lot more than I would have originally guessed. Larger images here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Andylaser

Andylaser Loaded Pockets

I recently got one of these and am very impressed by it. You would be hard pressed to get better for the money.

9. Davidk

Davidk Loaded Pockets

I purchased both the maxped fr-1 and the maxped personal first aid pouch, & i gotta say i think the first aid pouch

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Individual-First-Aid-Pouch-7p875.htm.

Works so much better than the fr-1. The fr1 is almost over engineered, zipper pouches too small, to much elastic, built like a tank, IMHO. The personal first aid pouch is a softer, more plyable fabric, 1 sipper pocket with mesh webbing on the ftont & 2 zippered pockets on the inside. Doesnt come in bight colors , but i had a 2"x2" red cross with a black backround sewn onto the front. Add on a few glow in the dark zipper pulls & there is no mistaking what it is or finding it in low light. These can be found on ebay or $23.00. With free shipping.

10. byksm

byksm Loaded Pockets

alot of good suggestions here... thanks for that.
    i ended up going with a first aid only kit.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000X2XING/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00
    its not nearly as durable as a maxped but the size was more important. also i was able to fill out a few items i was missing or had used up.
    it comes with a lifetime supply of bandaids by the way.

-p